Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

TGS hands on!!

Post by vicdaman »

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: TGS hands on!!

Post by GhaleonOne »

Good find! Sounds like the graphics are top-notch. I'll throw a link up on LunarNET tonight after work.
-G1

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I was sorta worried that these more human-looking sprites weren't going to be as expressive as the crazy deformities we love from the console Lunar games. It's good to know they're keeping the charm intact.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

The battle system has had some minor adjustments. It looks like the option to just move has vanished, but it appeared that the AI behavior could be customized.
Great. Does that mean everything is in a fixed position? Or is a characters range still a factor in being able to hit. I always loved the fact that the characters had ranges...It sounds like its no longer in here. But then some of the screenshots show characters moving around. I wonder if they return to their original position like Lunar Legend or Lunar: DS.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Honestly, from the way the article read, it seemed like they were just remembering SSSC incorrectly. In SSSC, you moved to a new location when you attacked, but you couldn't command an ally to simply move, as was the case with GameArts' other main RPG franchise Grandia (in which there was a guard command and an evade command, and you could direct and ally to a particular spot with evade). See, the author says:
The article wrote:It looks like the option to just move has vanished ...
In short, I think you'll still move around when you perform a basic attack.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

What Lunar Eclipse said. Range is still a factor (this was repeated in the Famitsu articles), so they're keeping the ranged combat. However, unlike, say, EBC, you can't select Defend and move your character around; they only move when they attack.

I don't remember if SSSC allowed you to do that, but I remember clearly that EBC did and TSS/EB didn't. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

The video has field movement, Luna moved to the left when she used the slingshot thingy.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

TSS and EB had something like "flee", that made your character run around retardedly I think. I specifically remember doing that when Zophie was about blast a few of them with that Hell Blast or whatever it was that caused instant death to anyone in vacinity.
-G1

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I like the look of it.

I want to say that you could move different characters using defend in SSSC, since I remember particular battles where that was useful (like in the Meribia Sewers). I'll power it up tonight and check; I've been wanting to replay it for a while now anyway.
Lunar Eclipse wrote:Honestly, from the way the article read, it seemed like they were just remembering SSSC incorrectly. In SSSC, you moved to a new location when you attacked, but you couldn't command an ally to simply move, as was the case with GameArts' other main RPG franchise Grandia (in which there was a guard command and an evade command, and you could direct and ally to a particular spot with evade). See, the author says:
The article wrote:It looks like the option to just move has vanished ...
In short, I think you'll still move around when you perform a basic attack.
So I've played three Grandia games now, and I haven't realized you can direct a person to move to a certain place with evade? *facepalm*
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

I remember in TSS specifically the Cave of Trials monster, how you had to run from it or it's habit of using four consecutive attacks in melee would end you. The point was to use magic to beat it, but, you had to select "Flee" from the attack menu to run away from it and pray you ran the right way and a far enough distance. Adding the ability to defend and move was one of the improvements in SSSC comparatively to TSS.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

-Nobi

Undine
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Undine »

I loved the flee command. They would cover their little heads.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Undine wrote:I loved the flee command. They would cover their little heads.
And by "little" you of course mean "freakishly large," right?

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

The art style and the characters look great, but I'm a bit disappointed with the black screen every time there is a skill/magic used. As I posted under the main page headline, I'm worried about the release format and whether I buy a PSP or a PSPGo. I don't like the idea of only digital downloads, because it's not a tangible product I can see and hold for myself. Unless they supplied artwork or other goodies with the digital release.

I wish you could play PSP games through the PS3 like a Virtual Console/PSN download. I know you can play PSP games on a tv with audio/video cables for one of the models. It wouldn't look so great on an HDTV though with a small picture in the middle of the screen and lack of a better cable source for sound and video.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Jenner wrote:I remember in TSS specifically the Cave of Trials monster, how you had to run from it or it's habit of using four consecutive attacks in melee would end you. The point was to use magic to beat it, but, you had to select "Flee" from the attack menu to run away from it and pray you ran the right way and a far enough distance. Adding the ability to defend and move was one of the improvements in SSSC comparatively to TSS.
I just found the boss I was mentioning above in this.

This -Fatal Hopper- right here. Hardest boss in the game because of the -Dragon Diamond- flee randomness :P

Undine wrote:I loved the flee command. They would cover their little heads.
Yes, Beka, it's adorable until the random flee mechanic runs you right into this son of a -Borgan-'s loving embrace xD

See, here it is, kicking Mickey's ass.

THAT'S RIGHT MICKEY, USE THAT CALM HERB IN DESPERATION

RUN AWAY

IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US.

Ahh, nostalgia. xD
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah I seriously just about spit my water out from laughing too hard. The screenshots don't lie though. Alex was doing some serious bobbin' and weavin'.
-G1

cj iwakura
Student of Vane

Post by cj iwakura »

The music sounds really good.

ghaleon12
Meribian Merchant

Post by ghaleon12 »

I used to always level up to get burning rain....or whatever it was called for that fight. It does so much more damage over flame. Took some leveling up though, anyone else do that? I also leveled up a bunch before the grindery to get alex's 3 melee attacks lol.

But overall its looking pretty good.