Mini game up on Japanese site

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Mini game up on Japanese site

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Yeah, that Lunar planetarium looks genuinely cool. It's totally destined to be another hard-to-acquire piece of Lunar merch... which probably means Alun's already got three. :P

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Ugh, don't remind me. That one's going to be a right Borgan to get.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I suggest that everyone send me their entire paychecks for the next 6 months, so I can buy it off one of the winners! No, I won't share, but think of the nobelness of it all!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Wow, Phyco, you're such a team player. So selfless. You're a hero on the level of Jesus, Hercules, and Zordon combined.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

ilovemyguitar wrote:Wow, Phyco, you're such a team player. So selfless. You're a hero on the level of Jesus, Hercules, and Zordon combined.
Spoiler alert for Power Rangers

I just found out awhile ago that Zordon died. I felt sad. It was like when you hear years afterwards that a famous person died years, but you're still sad for some reason. I'll miss you, Zordon.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

ilovemyguitar wrote:Wow, Phyco, you're such a team player. So selfless. You're a hero on the level of Jesus, Hercules, and Zordon combined.
I know, right? Someone should build me a monument! :P

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

This is what I get for going to FL for a week, I completely missed out on the debut! >> Gonna play this tomorrow, too tired tonight.
-Nobi

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

By the way, once the crystal icon in the upper-right is grayed out, there isn't anything more you can do at this point. We'll try to keep an eye on it to see when it updates (the site's frontpage should note when that happens). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Kiz, is there any chance you could do a rough translation of the mini game's dialogue?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

ilovemyguitar wrote:Kiz, is there any chance you could do a rough translation of the mini game's dialogue?
Yeah, that'll take a bit of time... If I can today or tomorrow I will (that depends on if I get some school stuff out of the way, sorry). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

GungHo Works just updated the minigame with 4 more Premium Point (yellow crystal) scenes, as well as starting up the blog. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Kizyr wrote:GungHo Works just updated the minigame with 4 more Premium Point (yellow crystal) scenes
From looking at the game, there are some sort of changes scheduled on a roughly weekly basis for the next several dates.
Kizyr wrote:as well as starting up the blog. KF
I hope we'll be getting a rough translation on this one, too.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Given how there'll be regular updates, we may need to make a specific subsection under the SSH section to cover all this...

The blog, by the way, doesn't say very much at the moment. They do mention that they'll be making an appearance at the Tokyo Game Show (TGS). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

The Imp
NPC

Post by The Imp »

fates wrote: Has anyone completed it yet? I found all of the purple crystal, but I'm missing like 10 of the yellow ones.
To get more than about half of the yellow crystals, you have to play on multiple different dates; which characters you can interact with (23 scenes) vary each week. The earliest you're supposed to be able to get them all is October 20. Scenes that were missed re-occur at various intervals in various combinations, always with 10 per week.

But, you can just change the date on your local computer - all of the content is online right now. The content is "updated" each Monday, from 2009-08-24 to 2009-02-08. Outside of these times, there are simply no scenes at all (although, due to the way that it was all coded, the year doesn't matter). The game pre-cahces pretty much all of it, so it would not be possible for anyone to undeniably prove that you had set your date forward (if that concerns anyone; the "purple" crystals that make up the competition were available from the beginning, so it will not compromise the integrity of the competition). Also, it's a good idea to close and re-open your browser between date changes to avoid bugs (it can cause the game to lock up).

The prize you get for collecting them all can be found here: http://www.gunghoworks.jp/game/lunar/minigame/popup_wallpaper/.

I don't have time to work on a translation, but I can provide a text dump if it would make it easer for anyone else. A brief skim indicates that there's nothing much new or especially interesting.

If anyone wants any other content, I can provide it. I've also done a complete dump of the game, for posterity, once it inevitably gets taken down. It's easily mirrored, even without a proxy.
DevNall wrote: The maps and sprites are also easily extractable, but they're harder to view in a browser.
A full extraction of the images in the "faces" files as original JPEGs have been uploaded here: http://www.amnet.net.au/~theimp/faces.7z

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Hi everybody, played some of the minigame - the music made me so happy and I'm so impressed that they managed to mention Iron Fist Loka in it. Iron First Loka! I wonder if this material will be in the commercial product? I'm not sure how some of it would fit in.
「まあいいけど。」

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Shiva Indis wrote:Hi everybody, played some of the minigame - the music made me so happy and I'm so impressed that they managed to mention Iron Fist Loka in it. Iron First Loka! I wonder if this material will be in the commercial product? I'm not sure how some of it would fit in.
HI SHIVA

Ok ok, anyway. This makes me realize I really gotta get back to playing more of the minigame. I just haven't had the time...

There's also another contest or two that they're advertising (Japan residents only, again). And more stuff they keep mentioning on the blog... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

Bumping. Apparently an exclusive wallpaper is being offered through the minigame right now, sample is attached...

Couldn't get through it myself, starting to doze off :oops:

link http://www.gunghoworks.jp/game/lunar/minigame/
Attachments
img.jpg
img.jpg (76.49 KiB) Viewed 17414 times

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

My web browser won't even decode 3/4 of that text so I don't know what I'd even be doing. That's a nice wallpaper, and a very Star Wars-esque Lunar digital alarm clock.
Last edited by Silver Phoenix on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Holy crap! I want that wallpaper! Kiz, Shiva, Temzin, (DevNall) help!
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I would think that XSEED would get whatever wallpapers are released as well, and they already have a bunch up on the official L:SSH site. Of course none of them are as cool. I would think some will start showing up for free to download on PSN as well.