Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star, for the PSP

The latest LunarNET news that shows up on the frontpage. All replies to topics here will show up as comments on the homepage. Forum rules are more strictly adhered to on these posts.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star, for the PSP

Post by Kizyr »

According to Famitsu, GungHo Works is producing a new Lunar game for the PSP! Called "Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star", the game is another handheld remake of Lunar: Silver Star Story. However, it appears to be a fuller remake of the game. In all, this is what we know thus far:

L:HSS will take advantage of the PSP's graphic capabilities in battle and town screens, and uses an isometric view for towns (similar to Lunar: Dragon Song)
L:HSS uses the point-and-click interface in the overworld map (similar to Lunar: Legend)
L:HSS will include voice acting, although it's unclear if the same voice samples will be used from SSS, or if they'll re-record. They are listing the same voice actors for the main characters, however (Akira Ishida for Alex, Kyoko Hikami for Luna, Daisuke Sakaguchi for Nash, Yasuhiro Takato for Ramus)
L:HSS is due to be released in Japan in Fall 2009. No word on an American release yet.

LunarNET will continue to bring you more news as it breaks. Check back with us throughout the week. And, many thanks goes to Nobiyuki of Zel Studios (http://www.studio-zel.com) for breaking this story! KF

Relevant Links:
GungHo Works
GungHo Lunar:HSS Site (GOES LIVE ON FRIDAY)
Zel Studios

(And for reference, the Japanese title is a direct transliteration: ルナ~ハーモニー・オブ・シルバー・スター~)
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star, for the PSP

Post by GhaleonOne »

Looks like new artwork too based on the scan that's floating around. I'll try and get a section for the game up soon to put all new info in.
-G1

vicdaman
Saith Pirate

Post by vicdaman »

i just can't wait for the information on the article to be translated, and information from lunar creators. like any word on plans to remake eternal blue and then we'll get lunar 3. pretty wishful thinking i know.

here is the scan floating around by he way, i don't think it's been posted yet.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/d232e035607845

also 1up.com stated that friday is when the site will go up and a trailer and more screenshots will be posted. lets hope that is true.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

It's late now, so I'll translate this tomorrow evening. I'm going to try and see if I can get someone to send a better scan, however, to read it a little more clearly.

Nobi (who also first posted this story on LunarNET) did post the scan, however. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

dairugger
Lyton Singer

Post by dairugger »

you know, this got me thinking about Lunar 3. I had always wondered how it would look if brought out today, but i think if they did it in this style it would work, providing this revitalizes the Lunar series.. and im also hoping for lots of new Lunar merchandise!

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Well, it's been several years since the last remake, and that was for the Gameboy Advance. I guess it's about time for another. ;) I can't say I was thinking it would happen anytime soon if ever, though. I might have to finally buy a PSP for this...
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I'm a little worried about the translation (that's assuming that it comes out over here). I don't really trust anyone but Working Designs to do the translation. But hey, I willing to give it a chance, regardless.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

I'm just hoping this brings about an Eternal Blue remake since I'd hoped there'd be one around the time of Legend. And if those go well, Lunar 3, please?

ShadowAce
Student of Vane

Post by ShadowAce »

Holy crap! When G1 emailed me and told me the news I had to come check it out. Yeah, it's the kind that brings me out of hiding! :P (For those that don't remember... I'm MENash from the old WD boards)

Seriously can't wait to see how this game advances. Lunar Legends was plain OK and I'm hoping this one is tremendously better!

AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AlasdairPalemoon »

Irf, now tempted to get a PSP (also for Crimson Gem Saga), which is sad because I've played three other versions of this game already :P If anyone could handle the translation now that WD is gone, it would be Atlus, I think. They do good work with their translations.

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

What a shame I don't own a PSP.

This is good news however as a well-done and well received remake could possibly spark wider audience interest in the series and possibly lead to a rebooting of it altogether.

Quite an out there thought, but hey, what's life without hope right!

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

*looks at the calendar* Hmmm, April 1st already past over a month ago. Okay, I'll bite, but believe me, I'll send my best men after you if this is just an elaborate and evil prank!

So, carrying on to the more normal Phyco-esq reaction... ZOMG WTF PEWPEWPEW!!!! W00T! YAY! *does the dragon dance, chicken dance, and the Nash Hair Comb Dance* YES YES YES YES YES! WOOOOOOOOOOOOYAAAAAA! Go Lunar, Go Lunar, go go go go! Friendship rings for all! *begins shooting people with a gun filled with armed friendship rings* XD XD XD

Seriously, so long as they leave in the anime scenes. Or if the translators can just reuse the voice samples. I don't care. I refuse to bring myself to brick my PSP to play SSSC, so this is what I'll have to count on. Its been years since I've imported any games from Japan, anyone know of a good website?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

For imports, Play-Asia (http://www.play-asia.com/) is the standard. I would recommend going through them.

Personally, also, I have a bias towards Mad Gear LLC (http://mad-gear.com/). Their forte is more with older and rare games, although they do regularly carry new stuff. (I actually might just buy my PSP from them.) KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hmmm, play-asia? That sounds very familiar, I wonder if that was were I got my copy of L:L when it was released in Japan.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Could be. I've gotten a number of items from them over the years, including my DS Lite.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I still get all of my stuff through NCSX.com, but they're really close too so I don't have to pay huge money for good shipping.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

This is great news! I can hardly wait for it to come out here! I wonder who'll pick it up? *cries*

MagicEmperor
Student of Vane

Post by MagicEmperor »

this is really good news, i hope this remake goes good i also think that if it does go good there might be a chance of Lunar 3..
Imagine Lunar 3 with the current graphics and capabilities..

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Oh look, a thread to troll.
I'm sure it'll be great and all, but seriously, WTB new content.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Woohoo! New Lunar! I had to come out of hiding for this!