BEST SONIC ZONE EVER!

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

BEST SONIC ZONE EVER!

Post by WD RPG WD »

Spring Yard Zone in sonic 1!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCGmCqH7SFY

Honerable mention:

Speed Highway in Sonic Adventure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsY8r4GNtGU

All this is my opinion so no need to say lame cliche's like "hands Down", "bar none", or "nuff said"!!!!!

Curious what everyone else thinks.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: BEST SONIC ZONE EVER!

Post by Sonic# »

I can hardly choose a single best zone. I like the theme/music for Starlight Zone in Sonic 1 the most.

I always liked the level design for Marble Garden in Sonic 3. There are tons of rings, seemingly many different ways to go, flying really came into use... I don't think any of the other Genesis Sonic levels compare for the amount of fun I had with that one. (Death Egg for Sonic & Knuckles gets a close second in this respect.)

And, as far as the 3D Sonics go, I actually like a lot of the racing levels for Sonic Riders, a game for which I ended up unlocking everything because I loved it so much. And sometimes I play Sonic Adventure 2 just so I can play the space levels in that game as Sonic or Shadow. A lot of people complain about the camera angles, but... whew, it's a trip. :D

Finally, I have to say, for Sonic Unleashed (which I stalled on due to schoolwork), I've really enjoyed the speed levels as a whole, especially the first one. I've forgotten the name at the moment.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

Talking about Sonic Unleashed(Wii version here), those day stages were pretty fun. The one I liked the most was Spagonia. Not only was the zone awesome, the music along was as well.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Oh, hands down it's gotta be Stardust Speedway - the boss stage. No Sonic game before or since has had a 100% racing stage be so much fun.

Although both Ice Cap Zone (Sonic 3) and Lava Reef Zone (Sonic & Knuckles) have the absolute best music, bar none. And both those zones are incredibly fun to play--Ice Cap Zone in particular.

Otherwise... hm... Emerald Hill Zone (Sonic 2) is great, though that was the first Sonic level I ever played, so the nostalgia factor kicks in there. 'Nuff said. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

Sonic# wrote:I always liked the level design for Marble Garden in Sonic 3. There are tons of rings, seemingly many different ways to go, flying really came into use...
Seconded! That was totally my favorite Zone out of all the Sonic games. :3 A close second is the Mystic Cave Zone in Sonic 2. ...Probably because no one could ever beat me in versus. Muahaha!

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I'm a huge fan of Palmtree Panic myself (Sonic CD). Though I love just about every single Sonic level from the old 16 bit games.

Recently though, in Sonic Unleashed I've had fun with Mazuri daytime Act 1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eba4C7YJV9s
-Nobi

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

Marble garden is the one that stands out most in my mind, but i might have had a different favorite when i was younger.