Evil Dead: The Musical

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Evil Dead: The Musical

Post by LunarRaptor »

I wasn't sure where to put this, but I figured "Anime, Music, Movies, and Books" was close enough. I just wanted to discuss this odd event and see if anyone is familiar with the franchise and/or this bizarre little gem.

Anyway, I friend of mine dragged me to the off-Broadway musical adaptation of Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell's The Evil Dead. I have to tell you, it was the single weirdest play I've ever seen. It was still fun and hilarious, but don't expect much in the way of sophistication, because they even have a song titled "What the F--- Was That?!" (sung by the male lead and his friend from the first movie after the first two co-ed-turned zombie attacks). The play goes through all three movies (Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, and Army of Darkness) and fixes most of the plot holes that the filmmakers were never able to fix (much to their chagrin).

The plot, for thos eunfamiliar, is that a group of college kids accidentally unleash Lovecraftian horrors onto the world. The sole survivor repeats the process later with complete strangers, then is does it in the 14th century before either being returned to the present or sent into an End of the World future, depending on which cut of the filmy ou watch.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Re: Evil Dead: The Musical

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

... wat? o_o
-Nobi