Anime Central Recap

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Anime Central Recap

Post by CatsWithMatches »

This was quite possibly one of the very best Acens I've been to. Unfortunately, I have no pictures...

The Ups -

* A nice long chat with Robert Dejesus. (The guy who drew Banzai Chibi Chan in PSM magazine many years ago)

* A concert by a band called Voices 4. It's made up of a number of anime voice actors, and they cover antiwar songs. (Oh, and Lunartic, that was me in the green shirt three feet from you. I'm so damn shy.)

* The best Soap Bubble EVAR!! (it's a massive (2-3K person) rave in the grand ballroom.)

* The Spoony Bards! An anime and game music cover band, that played some wonderful stuff, like the Chocobo theme (with a chorus of tequila! thrown in), The Boat Song from TSSSC, and Stars of Tears from Xenogears, which almost made me water up, who knows why...

* Anime playing 24 hours a day throughout...

The Downs -

* Over MUCH too quickly, and this was the first year I didn't get anxious to get back home at the end.

* Not as much music available in the dealers room these days.

* Food is always ridiculously overpriced. (hey, it IS chicago)

* Still had no time to get any sort of cosplay together

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Anime Central Recap

Post by Katze »

That sounds like a fun con. Did you see any Lunar cosplayers? I've only ever seen a Lucia, one year, at a con in my area. :(

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

Not this year. In past years, I've seen people dressed as Alex, Luna, Hiro, and Lucia.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

TaoTeCheese wrote:* A concert by a band called Voices 4. It's made up of a number of anime voice actors, and they cover antiwar songs. (Oh, and Lunartic, that was me in the green shirt three feet from you. I'm so damn shy.)
OMG, why didn't you TELL me?!?!? X___x
No need to be shy! We could've geeked out over Lunar if I knew it was you lol. :P
Voices 4 is amazing, I went to their concert last year too. They were definitely one of the highlights for me this year. I have some footage up from the concert on YouTube. :D

Honestly though, up until Sunday night, this convention wasn't the greatest for me. Maybe I'm growing out of them. There was a lot of drama, it seems I did a lot of crying this year instead of smiling. :(
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3