Harry Potter

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Alunissage »

I fail to see why a dark, gloomy ending is required. A lot of the series is about survival -- the first chapter of the first book is The Boy Who Lived, isn't it? Or something like that. Harry survives a hit that should have killed him; Voldemort survives defeat and death by means of his preparations, Ginny survives being possessed. Not without cost, any of them, but they make it. No, what I think would be an inappropriately happy ending is to have everyone who died come back to life, or something like that, but having Harry and his friends survive doesn't seem out of place to me. Though one wonders what the Aurors will do for a living if Voldemort is gone. I suppose he's not the only evil wizard, just the most powerful and influential one.

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

I feel that the Aurors will always have work in the wizarding community, and if it comes down to it, they can work in the muggle world as investigators. In disguise of course.
Today is two days before the day after tomorrow.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

[quote]Though one wonders what the Aurors will do for a living if Voldemort is gone. [/quote]
Saying that would be like saying, "What if every country was democratic and christian?" The Aurers are like the policemen.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Imagine a world without cops, than you got harry Potter without Aurors. Though it wouldn't be a bad idea until someone thinks they can rule the world.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

More accurate to say, "Imagine a world without high-ability special agents, and you have a world without Aurors."

The reason why they're around is for the really difficult cases (which Voldemort fulfills). They're a branch of the Ministry for Magical Law Enforcement.

Without them, you'd still have the muggle police, and other forms of normal law enforcement. It would just mean that particularly bad wizards would make it that much more difficult, and the resulting system might be more feudal (the powerful protecting the weak in a more decentralized manner).

And for that matter, I think Alunissage answered her own question in the next sentence.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Guys, guys, guys! ENOUGH! You're all wrong. It's painfully obvous that all the Fanficers are right.

the whole series is going to end with a massive orgy.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

If it ended that way, i don't know how i will react. Caught between wanting to join and crying, i just don't know anymore.