Anyone know what to do?

For discussion of Magical School Lunar, for the Saturn, and its predecessor Lunar: Walking School, for the Game Gear
CaptainUsopp
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Anyone know what to do?

Post by CaptainUsopp »

I just got the !st Edition of this game with the sphine and promo cards or ebay for 10 dollars (first time getting a new copy of a Lunar game with everything....). I also got the limited edition of MAgic Knight Rayearth for 12. I even ended buying a Sega saturn to play them, for 35 dollars. Then my sister's friend let me use his action replay, caus ehe doesn't have a saturn anymore. It seemed like a stroke of luck.

So I've been playing Lunar Magic School and I just got done visiting all the teachers in town. I talked to Ant and he ran off. Then I couldn't figure out what to next so I looked it up and found one walkthrough. It said that after you talk to Ant and find out you must find a teacher, that you go talk to the old guy who brings you to Iyen and he will teach Elie her first spell.

So after going to his house and talking to everyone several times...He finally appeared near the bridge in the area around his house, but....he won't do anything.

I had my sister translate and she said that he says something about waiting and Fish? Don't know what I'm doing wrong but I don't think I can figure it out from the game...

Thanks in Advance

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I'm guessing you're talking about Glen. He's probably taking a fishing break.

I'm guessing you're in Chapter 1 right now. In that case, you're supposed to find a teacher in this chapter. So speak with all the teachers in town first: Terena (music), Iason (karate), Ralph (librarian), Brune (herbalist), and Dadis (alchemy). I don't think I'm forgetting anyone.

I'm not entirely sure what point you're at in the game, so I'd need a bit more description if this isn't helpful. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

CaptainUsopp
Burg Farmer

Post by CaptainUsopp »

Y eah I'm in Chapter 1. I tried talking to all the teachers and people at the magic school, but it doesn't seem to work. Glen just just keeps saying the same thing. According to the walkthrough I found you have to get the spell from him for ellie before you can advance in the game.. :( Its a fun games but this part is making me get sick of it. I"m pretty sure I've talked to all the people in town (inlcuding all the teachers) 3 times, after each time I went to glen's house and he wasn't there till after the third time, which is where I am stuck becuase I keep talking to everyone and going back but nothing changes..well my level goes up from fighting monsters but thats about it...

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Well, the game in general is pretty fun. The only irritating part (majorly, I might add) is the horrid encounter rate in dungeons. The dialogue actually indicates rather clearly what you need to do next.

I have a bare-bones walkthrough at home I'll check when I get back. With each of the teachers you'll go through a little sequence--for instance, Ellie and Lena try singing for Terena, they try the "man's dungeon" for Iason, they organize some books for Ralph, etc. Did you get through all that yet? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

CaptainUsopp
Burg Farmer

Post by CaptainUsopp »

Yeah, I did each little event with all the teachers.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, after you've met with all the teachers, speak again with Emma in the main hall (she's the one with short blue hair). After that, you should be able to speak with Glen and he'll teach Ellie the spell. You'll have to have met with all the teachers, though.

If that's not working, any way you can screenshot what Emma says to give me an idea? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

CaptainUsopp
Burg Farmer

Post by CaptainUsopp »

Thanks, It finally worked :D

GrünIgel
Saith Pirate

Post by GrünIgel »

Sorry for upping this thread.
I am stuck at chapter 5. In the haunted ship, after the initial scene with Kento, I went through three "events" where I get attacked by ghosts (first at a water leak, then in a dead-end, and at a mirror). After that I tried visiting every room in the ship, up to the top one but nothing happens. Speaking with Kento or the teachers back at the cave entrance got me a couple of combi spells but did not seem to trigger anything else.
Anyone knows what I am supposed to do? Thanks.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

GrünIgel wrote:Sorry for upping this thread.
I am stuck at chapter 5. In the haunted ship, after the initial scene with Kento, I went through three "events" where I get attacked by ghosts (first at a water leak, then in a dead-end, and at a mirror). After that I tried visiting every room in the ship, up to the top one but nothing happens. Speaking with Kento or the teachers back at the cave entrance got me a couple of combi spells but did not seem to trigger anything else.
Anyone knows what I am supposed to do? Thanks.
There's a book on one of the tables (inside the ship). Have you tried picking that up yet? If I remember right, it looked like you couldn't pick it up at first (I think I was at the wrong angle when I hit 'A'), but at this point you should be able to pick it up.

I'll have to check my guide at home to make sure what needs to be done next, but I think you need to go to the end of the ship and fight the boss there again. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GrünIgel
Saith Pirate

Post by GrünIgel »

Thanks, that was it.
I had tried to pick up the book but you really need to be spot on to get to it. I was not even sure there is a button assigned to pick up.

CaptainUsopp
Burg Farmer

Post by CaptainUsopp »

:cry: i'm stuck again, but because I don't have any translating help. My sister was helping me cause she knows Japanese, but she's in japan, so I'm wondering if there is ever gonna be a Walkthrough for Lunar Magic School.