silver star story complete
40%

Total votes: 25

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

TSS Vs SSSC

Post by exigence »

i have a sega cd but the only game i have for it is sewer shark and it freezes because its all scratched up, it dosent really mater because the game sucks anyways but, I was wondering what are the major diffrences beteween the silver star and silver star story complete?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Lots. I has a much different overall "feel" to it, because the culture, religion, etc. are so much different. When they remade it into SSS, they pretty much took EBC's feel and slapped it on SSSC. The music is definately better than SSS, and almost anyone who has played TSS would agree with that. Storyline is quite a bit different. It's probably shorter than SSS, but the main reason for Ghaleon turning, and Dyne loosing his powers, are completely different. There's quite a bit more than that that's been changed as well.
-G1

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

cool now im really going to have to find a decent priced copy of it

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I'm personally holding out hope that the Wii will eventually have Sega CD games on its Virtual Console. If they do go that route, I'd bet serious money on Lunar showing up for download.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

do u really think lunar is main-stream enough for nintendo to go through the trouble to make it available for downloading

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

If they include Sega CD games on the Virtual Console, then yes, absolutely. TSS was one of the most successful games on that console.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

but if u look at it from nintendos point of veiw is it really going to be worth wile for them to port it i would love for it to become readily available but i just cant see it hapening

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Well, I wouldn't expect it to be the very first game to show up on the Virtual Console, but if they can have old NES, Genesis, and Turbo-Grafx 16 games on it, it's not a stretch at all to think they'd eventually include Sega CD games. And if they do that, TSS is one of the best-selling titles on the Sega CD, so yeah, I think they'd do it.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

well if your so sure how about a little wager if it does show up ill put that you rule and i suck in my sig and you can do the same if thay dont put it up within a month after the first sega cd game is added to the network

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Haha, I dunno about all that. They haven't even made any actual announcements about Sega CD games being included. It's more wishful thinking on my part that it'll happen. But if they DO include Sega CD games then I'm sure they'll include Lunar, so I guess I could go for an innocent wager like that.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

First, that sig is really freaking annoying to have in every other post, especially when the post it's attached to is only a line or two. It's huge and garish.

The SegaCD ran on the Genesis hardware, and Genesis games are already on the Wii, so it wouldn't be much of a port -- the emulator's already there. A bigger issue might be dealing with the size of the game, which for TSS at least is mostly the audio; it could take a while to download if it weren't compressed in some fashion.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

TSS owns SSSC :)
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Wait, you can get TSS on the Wii? Might have to invest in one then...

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

scaryice
Student of Vane

Post by scaryice »

phyco126 wrote:Wait, you can get TSS on the Wii?
no

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

phyco126 wrote:Wait, you can get TSS on the Wii? Might have to invest in one then...
Since you can download a fair amount of older games, including ones from the Genesis, it seems at least feasible that they will expand that to include the Sega CD one day. And, if they do that it's even more likely that they will release TSS and EB for the Wii, but nothing's for sure or even close.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Oh, well, eh, it was worth asking about at least. If they do, I will certainly buy a Wii just for that. :D

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I prefer SSSC because I've never played TSS. :lol: But I would LOVE to play it if I can get my hands on a copy.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Alunissage wrote:A bigger issue might be dealing with the size of the game, which for TSS at least is mostly the audio; it could take a while to download if it weren't compressed in some fashion.
It's my understanding that they'll have N64 games available as well. If they can do that, they can handle Sega CD games, sound and all.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Alunissage wrote:A bigger issue might be dealing with the size of the game, which for TSS at least is mostly the audio; it could take a while to download if it weren't compressed in some fashion.
Unless you have broadband, which I would think the new generation of systems would have required for any internet services. After all, dial-up wouldn't work for game systems very well this day and age. With broadband I can DL 700MB file sizes in the spand of watching a movie, and that's on a semi-slow server. Have a authentic 150KB downloadable server, and you'll have your game in 45 minutes I would think.

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

I enjoy TSS much better. What it lacked in graphics it more than compensated in story, characters, and music, the latter I found much more memorable. I find the remake left out more than it replaced, and it made Ghaleon look all but unrelatable, and he was one of my favorite LUNAR characters.