Wow...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

I've never shoplifted, though I did take an awesome hot chocolate cup from this Irish Pub place.

I did leave a 30% tip though.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

only problem is finding a sega cd to play them Wink my discs still function, sadly my genesis has gone to the grave.

Emulators are your friend. :P Though it's still not the same IMO. Hearing that Sega CD load up on the TV... good times.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I miss the model 1 SCD I first played Lunar on, with its opening music. I have a model 2 and a CDX now, but it's just not the same. (For one thing, it's more reliable. :P)

wisequark, I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, but it would seem to me that "stealing ___ regularly" is what gives BitTorrent a bad name, and that's the phrasing you used. You don't seem to actually consider it stealing, and there's some logic in that seeing as in most cases the only people making money off the actual games are people selling them used; I was referring to your literal words. But I'd also venture to say that the argument is a bit weakened by the slew of ports/rereleases and the promise of more on the Revolution...how many times has Zelda 1 been released now? ;)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The sad thing is, even some of the NES and SNES games I own I'll probably still try and get on the Revolution, just to have them in the same place. Especially if they can get a lot of the third party stuff from the NES, and some of the good RPGs from the SNES era. I had my Secret of Mana cart stolen, though I still have the box/instructions. I keep thinking they'll port it, as they've ported about everything else from that era, but somehow Secret of Mana hasn't come to a portable system yet. That's one I really hope they get on there soon after launch.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Also, one has to look at pirating music and movies in some good light. See, without all this mass pirating, we would probably still be living in the age of having to pay $13 for a music CD for just one freaking song. However, now we can buy individual songs for a mere buck. I like that idea, though I still boycott the idea of buying songs for even a buck, as the companies still try to force you to limit how often you copy the song where and such. Probably isn't as bad these days as before, but eh.

Still a good idea, still needs work, and I support the idea. When they get it right, I'll stop being illegal. Oh, and uh, there has been many times I end up buying the CD to the song (or DL the song because I lost the CD)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

GhaleonOne wrote:The sad thing is, even some of the NES and SNES games I own I'll probably still try and get on the Revolution, just to have them in the same place. Especially if they can get a lot of the third party stuff from the NES, and some of the good RPGs from the SNES era. I had my Secret of Mana cart stolen, though I still have the box/instructions. I keep thinking they'll port it, as they've ported about everything else from that era, but somehow Secret of Mana hasn't come to a portable system yet. That's one I really hope they get on there soon after launch.

I LOVE THAT GAME!! I love my Shade tattoo. :: swoons ::
On a bit of a sidenote. I wouldn't mind gettin' Secret of Evermore. I always said that I hated the game, but I loved to play it. There's just somethin' about it that I really enjoy.
ImageImageImage

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

I should get the Revolution so I can yoink the Ultima games.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

Jenner wrote:I should get the Revolution so I can yoink the Ultima games.

I think you should worry less about yoinkin' Ultima games and think a lil' bit more on... BEIN' NICE TO ME!
ImageImageImage

BraveKing
Lostest Boy

Post by BraveKing »

I tend to avoid Gamefaqs as much as possible, too many encounters with morons

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

BraveKing wrote:I tend to avoid Gamefaqs as much as possible, too many encounters with morons

Oh yeah.

Hey G1, remember the good times back on the Lunar: DS board before it's release?

That was fun. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

wisequark
Decrepit Old Dragon

Post by wisequark »

you make it sound like it was decades ago kiz :p

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Good times? I just recall a load of false information, though there were some cool folks over there before lots of people flooded it nearer the release.
-G1

Dunkleheit
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dunkleheit »

By the way, the forum description says it has yet to be released. Might want to change that.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Wow, I actually didn't notice that. I guess we all got used to it, and never took notice. It's been changed now.
-G1