RIP Eddie Guerrero, you will be missed

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

RIP Eddie Guerrero, you will be missed

Post by segaboy7 »

I don't know if any of you are wrestling fans or not, but Pro wrestler Eddie Guerrero of the WWE passed away this weekend. I for one am a wrestling fan, and to see one of the WWE's most talented wrestlers pass away, saddens me. Eddie was one of the few wrestlers, that wrestled with pure heart and soul and always was a treat to watch. Even though wrestling is fake, I think the gerenal public forgets about the much more real aspect of it, that being that these people are entertainers and they come out night after night for their family and their fans. So I am starting this thread for people to post their comments, or favourite moments ect. So please feel free to post your feelings on this. Thanks and RIP Eddie Guerrero you will be dearly missed

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

There is still no information on cause of death, but it is still always shocking when something like this happens. I'm not much into wrestling anymore, since all the good stories and writing went away when WCW tanked, but I've kept track of Eddie since he and all the others jumped to WWE. I may not like the way WWE does things in terms of decent plots and entertainment, but Eddie was one of the guys who knew how to play his role, good guy or bad guy.

One of my best friends loved Eddie when he started the LWO a few years back. It was hysterical.
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Thing is, he was completely clean. It was nothing from the past four years of being sober from drugs and alcohol. It was the past problems that he overcame that came back in the form of heart disease.

Autopsy results:

"It was heart failure. It was from his past � the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that's what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn't hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn't feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn't feeling good and we thought it was just "road tired." So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didn't call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

I'm just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It's touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don't know what to do now."
-G1

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Just an added note, did anyone see some of the tasteless comments left by a few sports broadcasters?

One of ESPN's radio guys was really crass and apparently ESPN had to shut off the phone number for questions/comments due to all the pissed off people calling in and flooding their lines. The worst was today, a Boston show said: "On Denis & Callahan on WEEI out of Boston this morning they mentioned Eddie's death, ragged on him for probably doing steroids, and then said "Well, at least he didn't fall out of the rafters like some of them do...SPLAT!"

Guys like that need to be removed from the air.
-G1

ShadowAce
Student of Vane

Post by ShadowAce »

I've always liked Eddie Guerrero. I still can't believe he's dead. Raw last night was so emotional that I actually broke down and cried when I saw big "tough" guys like Batista, Chris Benoit and Triple H in tears. Eddie was one of the top superstars and he was rumored to be winning the World Heavyweight Title on Smackdown so Batista can take a load off his injured back after SS.

Eddie will never be forgotten and people who say crap about his death need to stop talking smack. Just because it's wrestling and the writing is fake, doesn't mean all aspects of it are.

Viva La Raza! Lie, Cheat and Steal in heaven, Eddie. ODELAY!

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

Eddie was one of the genuine talents of the WWE and like SMH said last night, he'll forever be a champion in their eyes. He will be sorely missed. My friend was good friends with him and I know this must be rough on her. I wish I knew what to say to her but then again she's been in the business for awhile so she's been through this before.
~ Webmaster of OtakuReview ~

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

ShadowAce wrote:Just because it's wrestling and the writing is fake, doesn't mean all aspects of it are.

Back in college when WCW was at its height, one of my friends made the best comment when his then current girlfriend asked why we watched wrestling.

He turned to her and said, "It's soap opera for men." We all laughed, and she left the room steamed. A couple months later me and that same friend went to a Monday Night Nitro in Columbus :)
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

for me, My favourite Eddie Moment, Was after chris beniot won the world heavyweight title at wrestlemania 20, and then Eddie came out and then you had chris and eddie in the ring. It was just like these men have finally gotten to the top of their profession and I dunno, I will always remember watching that.

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

believe it or not, my mom was the one who told me about this. I was in shock. I'm at school, and I don't have a TV to keep updated with all of this, but I was like... oh, man, that's... wow...

Well, I hope he knew where he was going, and I hope he's with the Lord today. =)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Well, I hope he knew where he was going, and I hope he's with the Lord today. =)

Mmm, in fact, he did. That's what got him to quit drugs and the like 4 years ago. His life story is pretty interesting.
-G1

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

yeah, I thought so. =) That's really encouraging. But yeah... I'll be praying for his family for sure. =)

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

GhaleonOne wrote:Just an added note, did anyone see some of the tasteless comments left by a few sports broadcasters?

One of ESPN's radio guys was really crass and apparently ESPN had to shut off the phone number for questions/comments due to all the pissed off people calling in and flooding their lines. The worst was today, a Boston show said: "On Denis & Callahan on WEEI out of Boston this morning they mentioned Eddie's death, ragged on him for probably doing steroids, and then said "Well, at least he didn't fall out of the rafters like some of them do...SPLAT!"

Guys like that need to be removed from the air.

Dennis and Callahan are just asses period. I absolutely hate listening to their show on the rare occaisions I listen to sports talk radio. I do agree that they need to be removed from the air.

That said, Eddie was a great guy, and I loved watching him work. He will be massed.
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

celestiallight
Lann Fisherman

Post by celestiallight »

Why did he eat less veggies and fruits? Why would he have no exercise? Why did not he eat healthy foods? Why did he use too much drugs and alcohol? Eddie is now already in heaven of God already... T_T

Mog Dragonheart
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mog Dragonheart »

I think the worst part in all this is the WWF actually using Eddie Guerrero's death to further push the storylines and doing it in a tasteless manner as well. Not only that but they got his newphew, who is more close to him like a lil brother, out there DEFENDING what the company is doing. It's pretty sad. They've totally loss their senses and so have the wrestlers of the WWF for actually going along with the storyline.

I loved watching Eddie Guerrero, he was a world class performer and an elite wrestler, only few can match in the ring. He was always kind of weird looking when I first saw him in WCW but when he turned heel and started that whole little LWO thing, that's when you could really see his talent shine and thats when I began to like him as a worker. It was good to see him win the Big One for all Pro-Wrestlers at Wrestlemania along with this best buddy Chris Benoit and good to hear he reconciled with his family and himself before he died. Seems like you already found your peace.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I agree regarding the storylines. I thought it was classless that they used his car in that angle with Orton. That shouldn't have been done.
-G1