What are you currently reading?

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by GhaleonOne »

I watched the first movie, but never got around to the rest of them, and have never picked up the books. I've got so many other books I've been reading that the size of those HP books makes me think twice before starting it. It's one of those things that if I pick it up, I'll probably be sucked in, and can't get anything else done.
-G1

Mormon88
Reza Thief

Post by Mormon88 »

i just read harry potter book 6 for the 4th time now

yay

idk i just get soooo bored sometimes, so i read harry potter haha

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

I just read the 6th harry dresden book (dead beat) if you get the chance, pick up the series, its REALLY good.
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"
~Ruby, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue after meeting Mystere

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

I'm looking for this book titled Get Paid to Proofread by Suzanne Gilad.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

The Angel's Command, by Brian Jacques. I'm also reading Flannery O'Connor and Ernest Hemingway short stories for class, and the normal fare of textbooks in others.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer

A Brief History of Time by Steven Hawking

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

God on the Starting Line: Marc Bloom
A true story about a Jewish man coaching a boys' cross country team at a Catholic high school. A very good read for runners! :wink:

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince: JK Rowling
Gotta love Harry Potter XD lol

Through the Looking-Glass: Lewis Carroll
I LOVE Lewis Carroll! :D

SKParasite
Lann Fisherman

Post by SKParasite »

I'm currently reading:

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - I'm still on page 80 I think I haven't been reading it, well as much as I usually do.

Icewind Dale Trilogy - LOVE DRIZZT >:(

Hiro-67
Student of Vane

Post by Hiro-67 »

not really a big reader, but i did just finish reading Death Of A Salesman in school... its all right, but then again im no book critic, in fact i kinda just read it to get a good grade so...

lunarRPG88
Meribian Merchant

Post by lunarRPG88 »

what people are typing in the forums

Hiro-67
Student of Vane

Post by Hiro-67 »

lunarRPG88 wrote:what people are typing in the forums

what do you mean?

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Awesome.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Hiro-67 wrote:

what do you mean?

That.... was incredibly bad --;

Currently no time for outside reading. Too much stuff on my plate.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Hiro-67
Student of Vane

Post by Hiro-67 »

ummm, im confused... oh well

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Heh, dude, look at the topic title, then look at his post again. It was a joke.

And to keep the topic going, I just finished the third book in a new series I've been reading. The book was called "Munich Signature". The series is about life in Europe prior to the full brunt of World War II. It's technically fiction, but it's based around facts, as the authors did research, and got first hand information in what it was like in places like Vienna prior to Germany taking Austria, or how Hitler negotiated his way into the Sudentenland, which lead to the fall of Czechoslovakia. It's been a complete eye-opener, as there were so many things about that time in the world that I didn't know. I assume the series will go on into the time of World War II.

Random fact I learned, then researched to make sure it was true: Henry Ford supported Hitler monetarily during his rise to power, and then built a auto factory and supplied the Nazi's with trucks during part of the war.
-G1

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I'm reading The Birth of Tragedy by Nietzsche. Reading, not enjoying. It's for my tragedy class.

Oh, and if anyone has a chance, read the 1944 French version of Antigone by Jean Anoulih. You should probably read(or watch) the Greek version first. They're both good plays (Even though I prefer Oedipus Rex).

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

DBD wrote:The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer

Hey DBD, I just noticed that. Let me know how the book is. I had someone give me another of his books, and numerous people have recommended me to him. I may give him a read soon, and would be interested in what you thought of his writings.
-G1

Hiro-67
Student of Vane

Post by Hiro-67 »

oh, i just got it, wow, im slow. haha

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'm reading Brave New World by that Huxley fellow... it's very... hmm... well, after what G1 said about Henry Ford... my Ford... yeah. Disutopian and misleading.

And I've been trying to make time to read The Katurran Odyssey. It's got pretty illustrations. ^_^
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Brave New World, huh?

My favorite quote...

"Orgy porgy Ford and Fun. Kiss the girls and make them one. Boys at one with girls in peace. Orgy porgy gives release!"

Yes, I memorized that...

Ah well. Enjoy the book. And don't get any alcohol in your blood surrogate!
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.