New merchandise

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

New merchandise

Post by GhaleonOne »

This is fairly early speculation, but what does everyone think about possible merchandise that could be made from the game? Soundtracks, artbooks, strategy guides, etc. I'm sure there's going to be some of it. It's a new game. Even Lunar Legend got a few new items. I think it had a strategy guide, some phone cards and a few posters. I sure hope we do get a soundtrack or two for it though. There haven't been any new Lunar soundtracks for some time. I'd love to add a few more to the collection.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Hm, I don't remember Legend phone cards, but you may be right. It did have a fantastic guide with some art sketches and an included mini-poster. Anyway, I would certainly hope for a soundtrack in addition to a strategy guide, and posters seem likely as well.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

It had a strat guide?! Where the heck was I??? I have every Lunar start Guide (minus MS and WS)! I want that....

Anyway I will be happy as long as there is some posters and a soundtrack. Maybe a Nall plushie too....lol yeah right.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Import guide only. And I can bet you don't have all the guide's Julie, there were tons of them in Japan.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

No point in a Nall plushie if it's 1000 years before Nall came into existence. :P But maybe there will be something else plushworthy in the game. Or not.

Yeah, there was an import strategy guide. I think there's a pic on the main site. And yes, there were lots and lots of import guides -- I can think of 11 I have off the top of my head, and I may be missing one or two.

Dingle
Pao Hunter

Post by Dingle »

A soundtrack would make me cry with joy, but I'll also settle for what has already been mentioned--strategy guides, posters... Perchance there'll be a map available. Or maybe figurines of the characters. You never know. *shrug*
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Speaking of music, I don't know much about the DS but will the music quality be better than Legend? Because the Legend soundtrack was unbearable.

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Alunissage wrote:No point in a Nall plushie if it's 1000 years before Nall came into existence. :P But maybe there will be something else plushworthy in the game. Or not.

A Quark Plush!

Nall survived for 1000 years from SS to EB, why can't Quark been live that long, maybe longer since he looked much older than Nall in dragon form while in EB?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

True...but it wouldn't look much different from the Nall ones, at the level of resolution that a plush is. I mean, if I wanted a Quark plush about all I'd have to do is add some stringy yarn onto one of my Nalls and maybe draw some wrinkles on. I really doubt they'd look that different as flying cats. ;)

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Alunissage wrote:I mean, if I wanted a Quark plush about all I'd have to do is add some stringy yarn onto one of my Nalls and maybe draw some wrinkles on.

hmmm >.> thanks for the idea

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

WD RPG WD wrote:Speaking of music, I don't know much about the DS but will the music quality be better than Legend? Because the Legend soundtrack was unbearable.

Yeah, the DS is capable of better sound than the GBA. I think you could either check out the official DS or DS section of the Nintendo websites if you wanted to get the specs...I'd give the direct link, but I don't know it.

As for Lunar merchandise? Well, my one hope is that this becomes popular enough to set off a chain of merchandise products, or atleast sell a lot of copies, and really up Lunar's popularity, making it much more possible for a Lunar 3 on a next gen console. What kind of merchandise, exactly? Something I'd really like to see is a good art book for the games designs, so I can use it to make my fan-made manga feel more like Lunar. I don't know of any Lunar art books, so if someone could direct me to one I'd be very happy. If the story is really good, a novel or graphic novel would be ncie. With a couple story tweaks to get people to read it. Otherwise some would think "Why read the book when I can play the game?"

I'm really sad WD isn't bringing it here, for lack of an awesome translation. Plus, if they brought it over, maybe they'd include an extra or two...like a mini art book or strategy guide with interviews, something like the EBC manual had.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, the GBA is certainly capable of better than Lunar Legend, too; I haven't played all that many GBA games but I know that just about everything I played sounded better than LL. Though since I already knew the pieces it was pretty easy for me to tune it out.

Regarding artbooks, the Lunar ones are all long out of print, but I saw the SSS one at http://www.otaku.com just recently. Like, today. Good luck finding the Lunar I+II one, though. Oh, and if you're wondering what merchandise is out, such as artbooks, there's always the site attached to this messageboard for information...

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

GhaleonOne wrote:Import guide only. And I can bet you don't have all the guide's Julie, there were tons of them in Japan.

I bet you I don't!

Aluin- Yeah...that was just my sad attempt at maybe obtaining one. :cry:

A Quark plushie I would take though! Haha that would be so awesome.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Dingle
Pao Hunter

Post by Dingle »

A Quark plushie would rock my world. Eh, I was getting tired of waiting for a Luna/Althena plushie, anyway. :P

And I do have the Silver Star Story art book. Very nice; highly recommended. In fact, I think I saw another copy for sell on eBay the other day...

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I can't imagine a plushie of a human-shaped figure being attractive, though; it would have to be a Barbie to have anything approaching the proportions of the artwork. At least a little flying cat can make a reasonably snuggly doll.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

What are you talking about? A Borgan plushie would sell like hotcakes! That could be a preorder incentive! It'd sell millions of copies of the game!
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I said human-shaped...and a Borgan plushie wouldn't be attractive anyway, whether you consider him human-shaped or not. :P

Dingle
Pao Hunter

Post by Dingle »

Alunissage wrote:I can't imagine a plushie of a human-shaped figure being attractive, though; it would have to be a Barbie to have anything approaching the proportions of the artwork. At least a little flying cat can make a reasonably snuggly doll.

I'm biased, what can I say. ^^' But, yeah, a flying cat plushie would be more accurate to the designs.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:What are you talking about? A Borgan plushie would sell like hotcakes! That could be a preorder incentive! It'd sell millions of copies of the game!

It'd also quadruple the shipping costs. Think how much just one of those would weigh... it's like shipping a beanbag chair with every order. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Genocide
Pao Hunter

Post by Genocide »

A strategy guide on calibur with the WD ones would be great.