Hooray....more push back dates

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Hooray....more push back dates

Post by Roas Atrades »

Along with FF 7 AC, SE has just pushed FF XII back from April to August 2006.

Yay :cry:

I swear, this game is never coming out
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Why? That's ridiculous. I was looking forward to finally seeing a new non-online FF game after, what, 4 years since FFX? I actually really liked FFX (Second only to VI IMO) and have been hoping XII lives up to it.
-G1

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

FFX-2 and FFT Advance?
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I really wasn't impressed by FFX2, and I honestly haven't played either the PS FFT or FFT Advance. Not a big strategy fan. I mainly meant a new game in the main series. Though I have nothing against a sequel like FFX2, but it'd be nice if they did more with it than a 15 hour quest. It wasn't filling enough for me.
-G1

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

GhaleonOne wrote:I really wasn't impressed by FFX2, and I honestly haven't played either the PS FFT or FFT Advance. Not a big strategy fan. I mainly meant a new game in the main series. Though I have nothing against a sequel like FFX2, but it'd be nice if they did more with it than a 15 hour quest. It wasn't filling enough for me.

I really enjoyed X-2 when I got it. It was like a bouncing, giggling rollercoaster ride 8) . I did every little thing possible in that game to the point where I played it 5 times in one month so I could get 100% completion. My New Game + is packed, that I can run through that game like a comic book if I feel like it, just like I used to with my old Chrono Trigger.

It's nice sometimes just to sit down and play a game like a book or a movie and just have fun with it.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Geez, this is ridculous. First Advent Children and now Final Fantasy XII. All I can say is: THEY BETTER NOT PUSH KINGDOM HEARTS II BACK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

Zophar wrote:Geez, this is ridculous. First Advent Children and now Final Fantasy XII. All I can say is: THEY BETTER NOT PUSH KINGDOM HEARTS II BACK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Feh, I could care less about KH II.

95% of Disney is pure evil bent on wolrd domination and corruption.

The few things that are redeeming about them they screw the pooch on and drop them :(

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Heh. The main reason I wasn't much interested in KH is because there are non-Disney characters in it. I couldn't care less about Square characters, but I loved seeing Donald in 3D. Goofy sounded really odd in the Japanese game, though.

As far as I'm concerned, corporation != characters. But I really don't get this fashion of loudly and exaggeratedly decrying Disney -- or anything else, really -- as if you're determined to make people who find things less objectionable than you do unhappy. :|

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

Alunissage wrote:Heh. The main reason I wasn't much interested in KH is because there are non-Disney characters in it. I couldn't care less about Square characters, but I loved seeing Donald in 3D. Goofy sounded really odd in the Japanese game, though.

As far as I'm concerned, corporation != characters. But I really don't get this fashion of loudly and exaggeratedly decrying Disney -- or anything else, really -- as if you're determined to make people who find things less objectionable than you do unhappy. :|

Well, for me it stems from their audacious continuation to sell what they call entertainment to the public, when that entertainment is usually low quality drek. As someone who's goal in life is to provide comfort and entertainment to people through food and writing, the fact that Disney only adds to the low quality of entertainment these days makes me pissed and sad. Especially since they used to be one of the few bastions of quality in the world.

So, call my objectional views something born out of a deep sense of betrayal and sadness of just one more thing from my childhood that has gone the way of mediocrity :(

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

See, my simple solution is to ignore anything that's come out in recent decades. I think the last Disney movie I saw was The Little Mermaid, and that was pretty much against my will; my five-year-old sister loved it and watched the tape frequently. I see the classic characters -- Mickey, Donald, etc. -- as being timeless and independent of whatever the rest of the company is doing.

Actually, I guess I watched Aladdin, which was probably after Mermaid. I loved that one, though, as Jasmine actually had a brain. Too bad she only had one song...and with Lea Salonga voicing her, too. :P

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

I'm not sure what you are talking about. I found KH to be very intertaining because I love the characters from FF and because Donald Duck has always been my favorite Disney character. I'm looking forward to KH II and also hope they do not postpone it's release.

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

Alunissage wrote:See, my simple solution is to ignore anything that's come out in recent decades. I think the last Disney movie I saw was The Little Mermaid, and that was pretty much against my will; my five-year-old sister loved it and watched the tape frequently. I see the classic characters -- Mickey, Donald, etc. -- as being timeless and independent of whatever the rest of the company is doing.

Actually, I guess I watched Aladdin, which was probably after Mermaid. I loved that one, though, as Jasmine actually had a brain. Too bad she only had one song...and with Lea Salonga voicing her, too. :P

You see, I can't do that. I was a History Major in college, so I see myself, albeit a very very minor one, as historian of sorts. Being one that enjoys studying and learning about history, I cannot simply ignore things that happened. We have to learn from history in order to avoid mistakes already made. Granted, this is not pivital fulcrum of historical importance, but it is still history of the entertainment industry, and people have to be able to compare what was once quality to what is now sensationalistic crap.

I'm not telling anyone what they have to like or not like, that they have to feel the same way about the current state of affairs as myself. I just want to make that point that, as the old saying goes, they do not make them as well as they used to.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Alunissage wrote: But I really don't get this fashion of loudly and exaggeratedly decrying Disney -- or anything else, really -- as if you're determined to make people who find things less objectionable than you do unhappy. :|

Disney is the Devil. I read it on the Internet, and it is therefore true.

See... http://www.texemarrs.com/121997/LOGO.HTM

Just in case my sarcasm was not detected, I don't believe that Disney is the Devil. I feel that "article" is laughable. And I really enjoyed Kingdom Hearts. It's not the best game by far, but it was quite easy to get into and was fun throughout.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I don't think you understand what I mean by "ignore", Roas. I mean staying completely unaware of it. It's not that I'm reading up about them and then forgetting or letting it slide, I'm remaining ignorant -- I have no idea what they've been up to. I've learned that some things get ruined when you learn too much about them...composers whose work I can no longer listen to because I learned too much about them, for example. I don't see a good reason for making things unpleasant for myself. Your argument about your vehemence being simply a matter of saying they don't make them like they used to doesn't really hold up to me, because I don't pay attention to how they make them now.

Basically, when strongly overexaggerated statements like that are made there's an undercurrent of "and everyone who doesn't agree is an idiot" -- something which is not present when a simple nonexaggerated statement of one's opinion is presented.

Jyd3n, is that addressed to me? I don't care about the FF characters because I haven't played any of the games much and so they don't mean much to me.

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

Alunissage wrote:I don't think you understand what I mean by "ignore", Roas. I mean staying completely unaware of it. It's not that I'm reading up about them and then forgetting or letting it slide, I'm remaining ignorant -- I have no idea what they've been up to. I've learned that some things get ruined when you learn too much about them...composers whose work I can no longer listen to because I learned too much about them, for example. I don't see a good reason for making things unpleasant for myself. Your argument about your vehemence being simply a matter of saying they don't make them like they used to doesn't really hold up to me, because I don't pay attention to how they make them now.

Basically, when strongly overexaggerated statements like that are made there's an undercurrent of "and everyone who doesn't agree is an idiot" -- something which is not present when a simple nonexaggerated statement of one's opinion is presented.

That's a fair thing to say, and I can understand not wanting to know something if it would ruin a memory. Ignorance is still considered bliss, I guess.

And I think I've made it pretty clear that this is just my personal feelings on the matter, and I'm definitely not trying to enforce my opinions on anyone else. I simply feel Disney has finally become just another soulless corporation among hundreds, where once upon a star it did things for its customers, and now it just fleeces people like so many others :P

I simply choose not to support it in any monetary manner if I can help it. I've done this type of thing over the years for several other things. For me it's a pure principles thing, and I try to stick to it. Call it my own personal boycott :)

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Roas Atrades wrote:95% of Disney is pure evil bent on wolrd domination and corruption.

Hey, hey. ;) Don't make me zap you with my third eye.

Kingdom Hearts is quite fun. I wouldn't count having Disney characters in it as a negative anymore than some people hold it against KH having Final Fantasy characters in it. (A fellow at my work hates Final Fantasy games, but he plays KH despite the presence of the FF characters just because he likes Donald and Goofy, Winnie the Pooh, etc.) Just play it and enjoy it (or not) for what it is as a game and not for the brand that's stamped on it.

By the way Roas, I do hope you'll break your boycott someday. Doesn't have to be soon, but there's something coming up in the future I think you'll like.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

Rune Lai wrote:By the way Roas, I do hope you'll break your boycott someday. Doesn't have to be soon, but there's something coming up in the future I think you'll like.

......damn you and your inside knowledge :D

So my principles will be tested, eh? I once boycotted a friendship with one of my best friends for a year because he crossed a line. He finally apologized and we're close again, but that's how sincere I am about my principles :)