What are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Jasonb12 »

One question, SegaBoy: Is CastleVania: Curse of Darkness a good game? I have yet to buy it...

As far as the Lemina Bug is concerned, I managed to activate it last night and I'm just messing with it right now. I'm at the point where Hiro and Ruby are alone on the Vane Magic Guild Roof. I mean, it's a pain to watch it over and over, but I just get up and do something in the meantime... :P
"To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step..."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Jasonb12 wrote:Trained at Taben's Peak until he reached Lv. 40. I got sick of him being the weakling of the group...

Training in the Meribian Sewers ends up being the best for fast levelling up. Two hours there with Hiro alone, and he jumped from Level 22 to Level 50. Plus I had so much MEXP that I brought everyone's magic up to Level 22. Going around there when you have your entire party is still a good way to get more MEXP.

Do you know the best places to activate the Lemina Bug?

The most convenient place is at Taben's Peak when you get back from Meribia. Save before stepping off the gondola at the top, and all you have to do between each time the party leaves is walk forward, scroll through a few lines with Nall and Ruby, and that's it.

I'm theorizing there might be a way to activate the bug in the Japanese version when Ghaleon freezes Hiro and Lucia becomes the de facto head of the party. It's a long-shot, though. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Thanks for the advice, Kizyr. I've decided to just finish the game, and deal with the Bug later. I wonder...you may have a point about activating it at that point...Do you have the Japanese version so you can try it out?
"To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step..."

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I recently got a DS, and I've got several games for that. I played through Dragon Song of course (which, despite the horrendous battle system and weird ending, wasn't nearly as bad as I feared it would be). I'm totally loving Animal Crossing, and I'm slowly becoming addicted to LostMagic as well. New Super Mario Bros was fun, but it felt like a much smaller game than Super Mario World or even Super Mario Bros 3. And Trace Memory was really cool up until the cheesy ending, and it was WAY too short (I finished it in 6 1/2 hours, without using any sort of walkthroughs or outside help at all).

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Jasonb12 wrote:Thanks for the advice, Kizyr. I've decided to just finish the game, and deal with the Bug later. I wonder...you may have a point about activating it at that point...Do you have the Japanese version so you can try it out?

I'm playing the Japanese version right now; I just reached the Black Dragon's Cave. I should get up to the destruction of Pentagulia tomorrow or the day after, when I can try this out. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

Playing Dragon Quest 8 again. Already beaten the game once, the extra quest is sheer agony, though. Guess I need a couple more levels before I can handle it and get the secret ending. I'd recommend it to any DQ fan, or those who aren't. It's that good.

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Good luck, Kizyr! Just got up to the Epilogue and I'm training Hiro at the White Dragon Cave. Probably until Lv. 70.

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

I'm currently in the middle of both Tales of Eternia (PS) and Tales of Symphonia, with different friends. I'm also slowly replaying EBC and TSS; I accidentely deleted my EBC end of game data, and I enjoyed being able to watch the ingame videos.
I've been stuck partially through both Star Ocean 3 and Grandia II (PS2) for quite some time, in both because I find the game interesting but very frustrating gameplay-wise. I'm still not sure if I'm going to sell them or just inch forward, but...I'm really liking Grandia II despite it's clunkyness, so I'll probably finish that at least.
Finally, I'm playing Metal Gear Solid 2. I've seen large chunks of the games already, but I'm taking my sweet time to play through them myself, and would like to be finished by the time the final installment is released.

Phoenix Dragon
Reza Thief

Post by Phoenix Dragon »

I'm going through a run of...
Final Fantasy IV (PSX version)...
all the way to
Final Fantasy X...
And of course...
Lunar! (SSSC and EBC, of course! I love replaying them :).)

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Pfft, no dice. There's no way to activate the Lemina Bug at any point in the Japanese version. When the party is just Lucia and company, then trying to switch to Ruby and select magic gives you Ronfar's magic at the top of the list always. If it's just Lucia and Ruby, you can't go to the menu in the first place. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Oddly, I've been playing F-Zero GX and SSBM a lot lately.

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Haven't played a good old-fashioned RPG in months. Starting Summon Night: Swordcraft Story last weekend though. Only about six hours in so far due to my lack of time, but it's fun stuff. An old GBA game might have been just what I needed. Being portable is nice too...
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

After beating DQ8, I've been playing tons of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, and a little bit of Pirates! and random Sonic games, which I'll be doing more of when I bring my Gamecube with me back to school today. ^_^
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

I playing
Animal Crossing
Arc The Lad 1
.hack Part 4
and I picking up my Lunar DS game

irvine
Saith Pirate

Post by irvine »

Im playing

Lunar Legend
Tales of Phantasia
Grandia II

is there anybody have an emulator in DS?

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

irvine wrote:Im playing

Lunar Legend
Tales of Phantasia
Grandia II

1 I only seport Emulator of Old never relesed in you area stuff
2 There no Well working Emulators of DS most crash from playing anything
3 Why not buy one its really cheep

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Currently playing: Final Fantasy X

And within six days, when I get my copy of the game, I will be playing Xenosaga III, wOOt-ness!

Faust
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Faust »

Currently Kana Little Sister...T_T

Waiting for Xenosaga III here too, can't seem to force myself to complete episode II, already at last dungeon...>_<

Wanting to VP Silmeria too...Buying options sucks when you are low on funds...

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

Right now I'm currently playing Pokemon Fire Red and Disgaea.

irvine
Saith Pirate

Post by irvine »

Atticus wrote:
irvine wrote:Im playing

Lunar Legend
Tales of Phantasia
Grandia II

1 I only seport Emulator of Old never relesed in you area stuff
2 There no Well working Emulators of DS most crash from playing anything
3 Why not buy one its really cheep

ok thanks!

Right now I'm currently playing Guilty Gear XX Reload