Need help with a gaming mom issue!

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Kale
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Kale »

Unfortunately I dont have the saturn or the Sega CD ( I really wanna find a rom of the original 2 lunar games and possibly a english translated version of magical school so i can play them that way ><) She's played Dadelian opus and tetris for GB.

I'll have to check e-bay for those sega games though.
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"
~Ruby, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue after meeting Mystere

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I think you made a little typo...what you mean is, you really want to find the original game discs of the SegaCD games so you can play them via emulator (which works fine with the actual discs). And there is no translated version of Magic School. The project has been started two or three times, but never finished.

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

yeah, either way i'm out of luck arent I?
"I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but...What kind of Cheesy poof is that!?"

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The SegaCD game discs can still be found on eBay, though I realize that may not be an option for you. It's where I got all of mine, though.

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

To a point it is an option, but the problem is that I have no money.

LUNARverse
Pao Hunter

Post by LUNARverse »

SUPER MARIO RPG. its very bright and cheerful, looks about the same as DKC, and it might broaden her horizons into more RPGs and newer games that you could both enjoy together. If you can locate a copy its worth a shot.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Um, he said she's already played it. That's why I was suggesting Paper Mario and Superstar Saga.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Secret of Mana is good, and you could play it with her if you wanted to co-op.

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

Hmm...Banjo-Kazooie for the N64? It's sort of a free-roaming game, though, so she might not like it. But I thought that game was awesome. >_> It's very fun and colorful, so you might want to give it a try.

Or Katamari Damacy for the PS2. It's not like the previous games she's played, but it isn't a racing or RPG or fighting game. Heck, I have no clue what category that game fits it. But it's pretty addictive and fun.

Maybe you should just go and rent a bunch of different games and see if she likes any of them. XD

Kale
Student of Vane

Post by Kale »

i'd try banjo kazooie, but she dident like mario 64 since it was free roaming. as for secret of mana, what system is that on (dumb question I know). I've also got to take into account that i'm also leaving for my freshman year of college in fall of next year.so i'm not going to be around much to help her out with her games.

LUNARverse
Pao Hunter

Post by LUNARverse »

Sorry, i just had a retard moment and didnt make the connection that where he wrote Super Mario's: legend of the seven stars, was Super Mario RPG. I just havent seen or heard someone refer to it with the subtitle in a long time. Its just Mario RPG in most gaming circles. A good PS2 adventure RPG is a game Called Dual Hearts. Its sort of like Zelda, but it has a lot of platforming elements like Mario or the later crash bandicoot games. If you have a PS2 and can locate a copy, its pretty fun.