Playstation 1/2 HDMI adapter

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Playstation 1/2 HDMI adapter

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

https://www.poundtechnology.com/playstation2/
I'm more excited about this than the PS Classic mini honestly, cause my whole library and analog controllers will work. The slimline PS1/2 models were compact enough for me. I should mention that an external power supply is needed BUT it's a just a USB cord unlike say the XRGB-mini Frameiester or OSSC. So one could plug it into a HDTV, or straight into a PS2 USB port. Also it outputs a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio, but most HDTVs have an option to set that back to 4:3 fullscreen.

Edit: here's a video review:

AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Playstation 1/2 HDMI adapter

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

Thanks for posting this. My PS2 doesn't connect to any of the modern TVs I have in my house and my old CRT I do have is something I don't like to clunk around. I also have like over a hundred PS2 titles still including a ton of Japanese imports so this gives me a chance to dust them off and get back into it. I've been waiting for a good connectivity solution that doesn't involve me buying like three things to connect from three different places.

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Playstation 1/2 HDMI adapter

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

@AkagisWhiteComet or anyone else interested: It came today. BETTER than the XRGB-mini Framemeister for PS1 games. More vivid red colors, less pixelated object borders, plus Zero Lag. Tested with Final Fantasy VII and Lunar: Silver Story Complete. I unfortunately do not own a capture card for proof. Just make sure your TV can resize it to the 4:3 aspect ratio.