Selling consoles and games

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Darknight
Lann Fisherman
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Selling consoles and games

Post by Darknight »

I am looking to sell most of all my consoles and games including my lunar collection.

I was wondering the best place to find out what they are worth and where to sell them.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Selling consoles and games

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

I'd first make a list of what you're selling and how much you want for each item.

Ebay?
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I mean, eBay is the most accessible, and it offers some protection if the buyer tries to back out of or cancel payment (and if a seller tries to back out of sending the goods). If you don't mind the risk, it'd be a good idea to first sell some of the things that'd be more appealing to a specific fanbase (e.g., the Lunar series) via websites and Facebook pages for that specific fan community -- you're more likely to get a better price there and to sell to someone who's more likely to appreciate it.

Oh, also I strongly suggest paying the little extra for receipt confirmation on anything you ship. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Darknight
Lann Fisherman

Post by Darknight »

Kizyr wrote:I mean, eBay is the most accessible, and it offers some protection if the buyer tries to back out of or cancel payment (and if a seller tries to back out of sending the goods). If you don't mind the risk, it'd be a good idea to first sell some of the things that'd be more appealing to a specific fanbase (e.g., the Lunar series) via websites and Facebook pages for that specific fan community -- you're more likely to get a better price there and to sell to someone who's more likely to appreciate it.

Oh, also I strongly suggest paying the little extra for receipt confirmation on anything you ship. KF
Awesome

Thanks a bunch.

Is there any place you recommend looking to find out what the items are ACTUALLY worth?

Ebay has prices all over the place but I want to be fair and actually get stuff sold, not just put it up at too high a price

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Darknight wrote:Thanks a bunch.
Is there any place you recommend looking to find out what the items are ACTUALLY worth?
Ebay has prices all over the place but I want to be fair and actually get stuff sold, not just put it up at too high a price
No problem. Unfortunately... there aren't really solidly reliable prices for older games that fetch high prices (whether from high demand, being great collectibles, etc.) -- like, there's nothing remotely like a Blue Book for this stuff.

Most people I know who try to do this, for better or worse, use eBay and Amazon to look up the range of prices something is or used to be going for. There are also a few game stores that specialize in rare games that have websites (e.g., Mad Gear LLC is one of my favorites), and if they happen to have in stock something that you're also selling, that might be the best resource to see what price you should charge. ...you'd probably need to charge a little less considering that a company specializing in this is gonna have more protection/reliability though.

Lastly, if there's a particular fan community, you can ask around there (e.g., if you had a copy of All the Lunar, then it'd be good to ask or search on the Lunar Threads here to see what kind of price that'd go for). ...which means going to several different places for everything you want to sell. Up-shot though is at least fans of a game are generally less likely to low-ball you on the price, IMO. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

I don't know if you still can with eBay but I know some years back you used to be able to perform a search where you could see how much recent items sold for. Example if you searched "LUNAR Silver Star" you could click "recently sold" and you would get listings that showed related items that recently sold and their prices.