I have 23 gaming consoles now....lol

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

I have 23 gaming consoles now....lol

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Hey guys!

I know I've posted about the "Nerd Cave" at mine and my fiance's house in the past, but I've added a few more consoles and other goodies to it since then. I plan to take updated pictures and post them in a reply or as an edit to this post.

Currently these are all of my consoles (all but two are hooked up in the Nerd Cave):

Nintendo:

1) NES (Nerd Cave, 24" CRT)
2) SNES (Nerd Cave, 24" CRT)
3) N64 (Nerd Cave, 40" HDTV)
4) Gamecube (Nerd Cave, 40" HDTV)
5) Wii (Nerd Cave, 40" HDTV)
6) NES Classic Edition (Nerd Cave, 40" HDTV)
7) SNES Classic Edition (Nerd Cave, 40" HDTV)
8) Switch (Living Room, 65" 4K TV)

Sega:

9) Genesis (Nerd Cave, 24" CRT)
10) ATGames Sega Genesis clone (Nerd Cave, 24" CRT)
11) Saturn (Nerd Cave, 24" CRT)
12) Dreamcast (Nerd Cave, 40" HDTV)

Sony:

13) Playstation 1 (Nerd Cave, 24" CRT)
14) Playstation 2 (Nerd Cave, 40" HDTV)
15) Playstation 3 (Living Room, 65" 4K TV)

Portable Consoles: (all of these are on display stands in the Nerd Cave)

16) Original Gameboy
17) Gameboy Advance SP (AGS-100 version sadly)
18) DS
19) DS Lite
20) DSi XL
21) Original model 3DS XL (The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds special edition)
22) PSP (2000 model)
23) Game Gear

I've talked about cables and connections quite a bit in another post, and I actually have several more cable changes and console mods I want to make when I have the money. I am REALLY obsessed with gaming picture quality because of the My Life in Gaming Youtube channel. Lol. Anyway, if you're curious what my current cable setup is, feel free to PM me. I'l probably do an updated post once I finally have the gaming cable setup I'm 100% satisfied with.

As for other gaming related stuff in the Nerd Cave, I have high quality acrylic stands for all my portable consoles and for 3 of my wireless controllers (1 Nintendo Wavebird and 2 8Bitdo bluetooth controllers). These all came from from http://www.rosecoloredgaming.com, and they are all displayed in a 6 shelf Ikea "Billy/Oxburg" bookcase along with all of my games. For all of my old cartridge-based games that used to only come in cardboard boxes, I now have nice plastic clam-shell cases with replica cover art from http://www.customgamecases.com. I love them! The collection looks so neat on display. As I said, I'll post updated pics soon. Of course all of the later games that either came in jewel cases or plastic clam shell cases are displayed in this same bookcase as well. The rest of the Nerd Cave consists of Funko Pops and other trinkets. The seating for this room is what I believe to be the world's most comfy futon.

Anyway, I always get excited when I talk about my Nerd Cave, and my game collection in general. I certainly don't want to come across as bragging about it by any means. I'm sure several of you guys have a larger collection than me. Especially game-wise. When I post a picture of the game cabinet you'll see that my actual game collection is actually kind of mild considering how many consoles I have. I do take a lot of personal pride in it though. Lots of laughs, lots of love, lots of nerdiness, and lots of memories are crammed into my collection (as I'm sure is the case with the rest f you guys as well).

I hope this has been at least somewhat interesting to read. Pics to come!
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: I have 23 gaming consoles now....lol

Post by Alunissage »

That sounds like quite a visually appealing setup! I look forward to the pictures.

Once in a while I've thought about trying to display things nicely and then I remember that I have 12 cats. =) Right now all I aspire to currently is flat poster storage so I can actually look at my posters occasionally and not just miscellaneous poster tubes.

Our game collection probably isn't that large by some standards, but we tend to focus on specific series like, um, Lunar, and get a lot of series installments and rereleases and soundtracks and stuff. We got a few more cabinets with glass doors and maybe someday I'll get it together enough to display more of our interesting items together.

Pretty sure we have more consoles because we have some repeats, and not just from before we combined households in 2004. I think we've bought six 3DSes and only two of them have been given/loaned to my sister. And I'm pretty sure we have at least three PS3s and PS2s. We started handhelds with the GBA so don't have anything previous, and I keep meaning to pick up a GameGear sometime because I have two (2) games for it, but haven't. Not sure we've ever had a working Dreamcast, though we've had a nonworking one.

Sadly, the coolest item, my blue PSX, succumbed to a massive case of cat pee. I may have insisted on keeping the plastic shell for looks, but the insides were corroded beyond repair. It and our other PSX had been in a box that we somehow overlooked unpacking in an obscure corner of the house and the cats found it before we did. So come to think of it, we may not have any working PS1 at present.

This is making me curious now. Perhaps we'll have to take an inventory.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Soooo.....apparently my picture files are to large to post on here, so I uploaded the pics to a folder in my Google Drive. Here's the link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TWS0p ... 3AM7OGbthn

I'd like to have them posted more permanently on here because I may not always want to keep them saved in that Google Drive folder. Do you guys know of a workaround for me to get them uploaded directly to this post?
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

I have the room for all my games and consoles now but I'm not as in-tuned into displaying them all in the gaming den as I probably could be. I think a lot of it too is I simply don't play the old stuff as much anymore. As example I have a '78 four switch model Atari 2600 but how many times am I really going to bust it out of storage and bother hooking it up? Not much probably. It honestly has a hard time scratching a nostalgia itch. I do have a few multiples of older consoles though and make sure they all work simply because I enjoy playing imports and like to have a console that plays Japanese market and one that plays US market. I do enjoy displaying games themselves though and especially the rarer JRPGs.

I leave the game displays to my younger brother. As example at last count he had 43 Nintendo 64s. He has all color variations of some sort of Pokémon edition of the consoles, and he also keeps on hand things like PAL and Japanese market consoles. He picks things up in lots and bulk. I hadn't even SEEN a Turbographix 16 in person and a while back he was like "yeah look at this I just go two Turbographix 16s". Great thing is I can be like "hey have a PS2 controller", then a shuffling through a box, and one is procured. He is a lot like me though; he may not play everything but he does like to make sure everything he has is playable.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

AkagisWhiteComet wrote:I have the room for all my games and consoles now but I'm not as in-tuned into displaying them all in the gaming den as I probably could be. I think a lot of it too is I simply don't play the old stuff as much anymore. As example I have a '78 four switch model Atari 2600 but how many times am I really going to bust it out of storage and bother hooking it up?
So you don't keep everything hooked up at once through switch boxes? Truthfully, if I kept my NES in storage and had to physically hook it up every time I played it, I'd probably never play it. Lol. It's kind of nice to just sit down in the Nerd Cave, look at what I have hooked up, and say "hmmm, what system and game am I going to play tonight?" If I only hooked up some of my stuff, it wouldn't be convenient enough for me to justify playing something that wasn't hoked up. Granted, if you simply enjoy modern games significantly more, there's nothing wrong with that. If you ever decide you want to invest more time in retro gaming without it being inconvenient though, I highly suggest using switch boxes.

By the way, your brother sounds like quite the impressive collector. I'd love to see some pics of his stuff sometime.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Jesus...That's quite the collection!
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

ShugoHanasaki wrote:Jesus...That's quite the collection!
Thanks! I try to play as much as I can after my fiance goes to bed (if I have the energy). Before then though, I dedicate all my time to her and out beautiful little puppy. It really is neat to just to walk in and play whatever. Lol. It does make it a bit difficult to dedicate myself to a specific game though....