Axe Appreciation Thread.

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Jenner
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Axe Appreciation Thread.

Post by Jenner »

Axes... are really good.

Aaaaaa
AAAAAA
AAAAAA
(Yes, he's doing back flips)
AAAAAA
AAAAAA!!
Your weapon triangle advantage ain't -Dragon Diamond-!!!

!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=hcBrC96pHGM

What's that? It gets better?

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/M ... Battle+Axe
Ooh, that's really nice.

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/W ... t+Twinaxes
... Mom, dad, don't make me choose.

What?! You can wield all three at the same time?!!

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=KXP5czmY1HE

It...it's beautiful... Finally, someone that understands me.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Axe Appreciation Thread.

Post by Sonic# »

One word counterpoint:
Ragnell.

(I like that Brave Axe though.)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Uhhh, best axe ever goes to the Woodcutter's Axe! Without it, Alex may never have become Dragonmaster and this place wouldn't exist!

-G1

JonOU812
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JonOU812 »

Nailed it.
Check Out My Youtube Channel: YOUTUBE
Follow Me on Twitter: TWITTER
Watch Me Stream: TWITCH

Maus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Maus »

JonOU812 wrote:Image

Nailed it.
+380000.

Axes are really good, though. I often use them on video-games.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Sonic# wrote:One word counterpoint:
Ragnell.

(I like that Brave Axe though.)
Ragnell is nice and all but Swanchika rules.

Somebody ban that body spray posting man.

Kizyr tried to Google "axes are bad" and Google corrected him, suggesting taxes are bad. When he Googled "axes are good" it recommended him an axe.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

One of my favorite Genesis games was Golden Axe II, which for a while confused me because two out of the three playable characters use swords. (I was young.) Thinking about it now, "Golden Sword" doesn't sound nearly as cool. The market of famous mythological swords is already too full.

Spears seem to get the short end of the stick though. There's the spear of Longinus. In some stories King Arthur had a spear named Ron (literally "spear"). I found through a search that Japan has "three great spears". As a long-time stave and spear player when I have a choice (Legend of Mana, Soul Calibur when I'm not playing Sophitia, Morrowind), the lack of options in most games is a bit disappointing.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

A friend of mine was so appalled that I'd never played Golden Axe that he insisted on going to a used game store right then and buying me a Genesis cart with that and a few other games on it. I really suck at that kind of game, though, so after we played it once or twice we switched to Columns and were so evenly matched that after forty-five minutes of a single game we had to agree to quit and do something else.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

...yeah Golden Axe isn't really that great a game. ...ok maybe it is, but while I grew up playing a lot of beat-em-ups (Final Fight and Streets of Rage especially), Golden Axe just seemed way too clunky and slow, and impossible to ever avoid being hit by anything, which killed any enjoyment I might've had of it (which was my issue in general with arcade-style beat-em-ups, since impossible-to-dodge = more quarters). Not to mention the backgrounds all seemed to be the same.
Sonic# wrote:Spears seem to get the short end of the stick though.
HAH I GET IT
Sonic# wrote:There's the spear of Longinus. In some stories King Arthur had a spear named Ron (literally "spear"). I found through a search that Japan has "three great spears". As a long-time stave and spear player when I have a choice (Legend of Mana, Soul Calibur when I'm not playing Sophitia, Morrowind), the lack of options in most games is a bit disappointing.
Spears (and pikes) always seemed like more of a soldier's weapon than a warrior/fighter's weapon, though. Meaning that they're cheap to make and equip an entire army with, easier to use with minimal training, and effective for large groups of massed infantry, so they're more common a weapon but more associated with entire armies than individual people. Also meaning that they spears don't lend as much of an image of things like individual glory -- so they're not as attractive a choice in video games. (Well, video games where you're controlling a single player character. For Civ on the other hand, give me my spearmen and pikemen and I'll hold the fort until the Industrial Age.) KF
~Kizyr (they|them)