Shenmue 3 Kickstarter

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Leo
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter

Post by Leo »

I hope this keeps up. It seems Kickstarter is where dreams come true for gamers.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

WD RPG WD wrote:One of the 10k backers just dropped out! Guess what I did!

Dinner with Yu Suzuki and the 2 other 10k investors. One is ken sugimori!
.....whoa

I have no other comment.I mean, wow.

...who's Ken Sugimori? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Ken Sugimori is the one who designed all 151 of the original Pokémon.

The whole thing is getting out of control... I got to the bid before a friend at Shenmue Dojo and I felt guilty so I explained to everyone on the forum that Joe and are not casual fans of Shenmue so that they would know that we would represent well with YS. We help fund and lead an English teaching school in China where the game takes place so I mentioned this as well as put a picture up for proof. Surprisingly, Someone published this on a website and Facebook.

Now If you search the article title:

"A Shenmue fan that pledged 10k today to the Kickstarter helps run a school in Guilin, China."

on Facebook or Twitter or Google, it's everywhere.

I'm about to have a Skype interview with Kotaku and I have someone who is filming a documentary on Shenmue asking me to be in it...

I'm overwhelmed.. :x

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Don't back out on that glory.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

WD RPG WD wrote:I'm about to have a Skype interview with Kotaku and I have someone who is filming a documentary on Shenmue asking me to be in it...

I'm overwhelmed.. :x
This is pretty awesome, man. Keep us informed {^^}. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Random comment, as I've never even played Shenmue, but I didn't know you ran a school in Guilin, Wd. That's pretty cool! Isn't that where the beautiful karst mountains are? I always found the fishermen who use the cormorants to fish really fascinating. It's a place I'd love to visit someday!
-G1

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

In reference to a silly idea I posted in the arts thread, here's a little something!

ルナ シェンムースタ

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

That's pretty damn good! I'd be fine with that being concept art for a 3D Lunar and that being where Alex is showing up for the lessons for the Goddess Festival.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

GhaleonOne wrote:Random comment, as I've never even played Shenmue, but I didn't know you ran a school in Guilin, Wd. That's pretty cool! Isn't that where the beautiful karst mountains are? I always found the fishermen who use the cormorants to fish really fascinating. It's a place I'd love to visit someday!
We don't run the school as much as we want to. We are only there once a year. Joe is going back in a month. It is home to the most beautiful mountains in the world. The people are amazing.

We'd love to have you come visit. Food and shelter are free.

We decided to give a little more to the Shenmue kickstarter this past week. We once again are trending everywhere. Eurogamer, Game informer, GameNewz, Siliconera, ShenmueDojo etc., have tweeted it. We have been on the news in Guilin, contacted by countless Chinese gaming sites/publications.

Just search Shenmue 20,000 or Shenmue 20k anywhere and you'll find us. There has been some reports that we used the money from our school to do this and people are saying we should have given the money to the school but that is untrue. This money came from our own pockets and has been the most successful marketing we've accomplished to this point.

The whole thing is exhausting. I'm taking some of the hurtful comments too personal..

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

People always seem to have a vocal opinion about how the people that are financially better off than they are should be spending their extra cash. Tell them to kiss your ass. I doubt most of them are making half of the humanitarian efforts you are.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

WD RPG WD wrote:Just search Shenmue 20,000 or Shenmue 20k anywhere and you'll find us. There has been some reports that we used the money from our school to do this and people are saying we should have given the money to the school but that is untrue. This money came from our own pockets and has been the most successful marketing we've accomplished to this point.

The whole thing is exhausting. I'm taking some of the hurtful comments too personal..
Argh, that is frustrating... I don't know if it helps to say it, but you shouldn't have to take the comments personally. Some people when they see someone who's doing great things are happy for them and thankful there're people like that. Others when they see the same thing feel a need to tear down what others create -- maybe it's jealousy, maybe it's a way to avoid looking internally at the things they have (or have failed to) accomplish. But regardless, there're always a small number of people who can't create and so instead just settle for trying to destroy what others create.

Do you have links to any of these interviews? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/17/an-i ... i-yoshida/

Reading the crowdfunding part about Shenmue makes me wish Lunar had a big enough fanbase.
Oh, and that most of Lunar's original creators were willing to work with it.
Are there other beloved cult titles we can expect to see Sony boost in terms of crowdfunding?
I don't know. Gio Corsi [director of third-party production and developer relations] is the guy working on that.
(Sony PlayStation PR: They're building a list.)

Is there any game that you would like to see crowdfunded so it comes back?
Well, there are many old IPs that have not seen any new games. I can't name any specific ones. But this Shenmue campaign is very successful and also [Koji] Igarashi-san's Bloodstained campaign was very, very successful. And [it] proves that there are a lot of game creators in the past and [that] there's demand for their kind of games by the current consumers. So I hope that the developers in Japan, especially who are used to making console games ... see the success of Igarashi-san's and Suzuki-san's and get encouraged to do their own.
I found this out in here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7e9Ce2Xnhk
This is a campaign to bring back MegaMan Legends 3.
I wonder how a campaign like this would work for Lunar?