What's your most anticipated game this holiday season?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Zero
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

What's your most anticipated game this holiday season?

Post by Zero »

So we're at that time of the year again where so many highly anticipated titles are releasing. This year in particular seems to be overflowing with really promising games, at least for me. There's a good few I've already gotten and still a lot more that I'm either buying or will (hopefully) be getting for Christmas.

I've gotta say, though, considering them all, I really think I'm most anxious for Dragon Age: Inquisition. That's strange, too, since I've never played a game in the franchise and it was hard for me to get into Mass Effect. The only BioWare games I've played and completed were the Star Wars: KotOR ones. Inquisition, however, just looks so damn inviting. The world of the game is very appealing. Not to mention the character designs, facial expression animations, branching paths, voice acting is looking solid, etc. I'm kinda surprised in myself to be honest. With games like Smash, Guilty Gear, and KH 2.5 coming out soon it's strange that I'm most excited for Dragon Age.

So, how about you guys... what are you the most hype for?
I'll take a potato chip... and EAT IT!

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: What's your most anticipated game this holiday season?

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Djinn Xpert wrote:The only BioWare games I've played and completed were the Star Wars: KotOR ones.
Oh gods, I LOVE KOTOR! My first two rpgs! It's a shame we'll probably never see a real KOTOR 3 (the mmo wasn't my type of battle gameplay.)

Anyway, to answer your question, this holiday season I am awaiting Cosmic Star Heroine by Zeboyd games which I helped fund on Kickstarter. However, It may come out sometime after December 2014, I'm not sure, and am awaiting to hear from the developers on said issue. It looks like a nice throwback to older RPGs especially the original Phantasy Star. It also is supposed to have Sega CD style anime cutscenes like Lunar, which I like.

Edit: Cosmic Star Heroine has indeed been delayed to 2015. So there are unfortunately no games for me too look forward to this holiday season.
Last edited by Shinto-Cetra on Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

All the things Nintendo. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Smash Bros Wii U come out the same day. Of course, I have to get the Smash Bros Wii U with the Gamecube controller and adapter. And I have always followed Pokemon. Oh, and let's not forget that I had to buy one Amiibo just to try it out to see how it's going to work.

Of course, I'm also excited about Kingdom Hearts 2.5, but I seriously am going to have to wait for that because Nintendo ate my wallet. I would have liked to of tried Tales of Hearts R that literally just came out here in the US for the Vita, but I seriously didn't want to buy a Vita for ONE GAME. And I obviously didn't have the money to blow on a Vita. Too much stuff is coming out...

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

For me it's Kingdom Hearts 2.5 on the PS3 (Mostly the KH 2 and BBS games in it). I'm also excited about the recently released Tales of Hearts R for the Vita and Assassin's Creed Unity. Sadly I do not have the systems to play them though. T^T

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth