Majora's Mask 3DS

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Majora's Mask 3DS

Post by jay_are »

:mrgreen:
The truth is, I would buy 10 copies of Lunar 2 if it got remade wonderfully.
But no. Sadly, Althena wont let us show our love and devotion.
But GUYS, I think there's another game I'm willing to buy 10 copies of. See, at least these people MADE IT HAPPEN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urlpc8bvMEg

Apparently this special edition is european (for now) and I would import it, but hey maybe the USA will get something similar too if not exactly the same.

brit
White Dragon Knight

Re: Majora's Mask 3DS

Post by brit »

I'm interested in it, but chances are I'll let it pass like all the other Zelda remakes on the 3DS. >.> Don't get me wrong I like Zelda, but I'm not hardcore about it like some other games.

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'll be getting it, of course. I've never finished the game (my N64 cart has a save from 2002 on it) because it made me motion sick. Ocarina did too at first but after a few hours it passed, but for some reason it never did for MM.

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

Of course I'll be getting my favorite Zelda game all over again. :)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I'm really excited for this. I never had a N64 or GameCube, so I ended up missing both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask when they were released. I didn't play Ocarina of Time until it was finally released for the 3DS (by the way... even if you already played it, it's well worth getting the 3DS version on its own), so I was hoping they'd eventually release Majora's Mask for the 3DS as well since that was the only way I'd ever play it.

I think Jenner went ahead and pre-ordered it for the both of us once it was announced. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

I did do that.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Kizyr wrote:I'm really excited for this. I never had a N64 or GameCube, so I ended up missing both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask when they were released. I didn't play Ocarina of Time until it was finally released for the 3DS (by the way... even if you already played it, it's well worth getting the 3DS version on its own), so I was hoping they'd eventually release Majora's Mask for the 3DS as well since that was the only way I'd ever play it.

I think Jenner went ahead and pre-ordered it for the both of us once it was announced. KF
How the hell did you avoid spoilers for so long?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Leo wrote:How the hell did you avoid spoilers for so long?
I'm not really sure... No one has ever spoiled either Ocarina of Time (well until I'd already played it) or Majora's Mask. This is despite being surrounded by plenty of Zelda fans.

With the exception of FF7, and the Serenity movie, I've always been pretty fortunate at avoiding spoilers. And the only thing that spoiled the Serenity movie was whatever moron decided to put a spoiler on the official soundtrack (so it wasn't even a fan that spoiled it for me). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Is it possible to spoil Zelda? They're all the same.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Sarcastic yay. The worst Zelda game this side of the Philips CDi is getting a remake.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I've started playing this, though am not yet through the second set of 3 days and haven't gone to Woodfall (?) yet. So far am not having too much nausea and headaches, which is definitely a plus. Having a more normal save system (owl statues are just regular save points, not temp-saves that auto-erase when you load them) helps a lot. And as with Ocarina, the touch screen is used for various extra buttons that make it easier to get at stuff.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:I've started playing this, though am not yet through the second set of 3 days and haven't gone to Woodfall (?) yet. So far am not having too much nausea and headaches, which is definitely a plus. Having a more normal save system (owl statues are just regular save points, not temp-saves that auto-erase when you load them) helps a lot. And as with Ocarina, the touch screen is used for various extra buttons that make it easier to get at stuff.
Why the fear of nausea/headaches? Is it the 3D or the small(er than TV) screen?

It sounds like they're making some aspects more convenient, like with Ocarina of Time. Since my first time playing that was on the 3DS, I was pretty confused when everyone else kept complaining about how irritating the Water Temple was -- since the most irritating aspect (having to go through item screens to equip/dequip the boots) was change to a simple push-button. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Oh, sorry -- I left out the context. Basically, I never finished the game on N64 because it made me feel so ill to play. I have a save I started in 2002 that's, I dunno, maybe 3/4 of the way through -- spread out over a decade of play, because I couldn't play it for very long.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Kizyr wrote:I was pretty confused when everyone else kept complaining about how irritating the Water Temple was
Oh man, I'm just done with listening to people's complaints or praise about things xD here are some examples of how my experience is with those claims.

-Popular opinion:
In Ocarina of Time, Navi says HEY and LISTEN so often to the point of insanity.
-Reality:
I've gone through the game twice or more, and I have yet to be the least bothered by Navi.
--
-Popular opinion:
Water Temple was horrible.
-Reality:
Even the first time I played this game (N64), I wasnt THAT confused with the temple or annoyed by having to change the boots.
A little tedious, but I've seen way more tedious things that people dont care about in other games.
Last edited by jay_are on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Navi's annoyance potential is inversely related to how well you follow her directions, and how soon. If you, say, always do the Fire Temple after the Water Temple, you hear quite a lot about that cloud over Death Mountain. It doesn't really bother me all that much myself, perhaps because I don't play the game that often, but yeah.

The Water Temple didn't bother me all that much either.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I was never THAT bothered by the Water Temple. I remember kids in school complaining about it, but it was easy for me. BUT I remember on my first playthrough I got stuck for a long time in the Forest Temple.

This topic is making me wish I could play Ocarina of Time again for the first time. It was my first Zelda game, and it just gripped me. I played through it, Link to the Past, and Link's Awakening in such a short time period.

I was never as big of fan of Majora's Mask, but I might replay the Gamecube version. Still don't have a 3DS.

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

I bought it. I shouldn't have but I did.
I'm not too far in though so I can't say much.

I do like it though.

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **