Trauma Center: Under the Knife

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Trauma Center: Under the Knife

Post by Spirit Icana »

This unique Nintendo DS title is being beefed up for release October 11th, 2005. IGN has all the info you need to know here:

ds.ign.com/objects/695/695152.html

Anybody pumped to save some lives this fall?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Oh fun :) I bet they would arrest me if I ever played that game. I have a knack for torturing people in those sort of games. :twisted:

Nothing like drawing a picture of Micky Mouse on somebody with a scapel and no anethesia. XD

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Whenever there's a fear that something might be too mature (in the real sense of the word), there's Phyco to save the day.... :P

I've been interested in this. I just don't know when I'd be likely to get it; I'm short enough on time as it is. Still, if I start playing while commuting to work again, I might be able to actually get through a few portable games.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Whenever there's a fear that something might be too mature (in the real sense of the word), there's Phyco to save the day....

*takes a bow* Awww, shucks *blushes* You didn't have to go and say those nice things about me now ^^;

Actually, the last time a played a game like that I was sorely dissapointed. It was too hard, and the only interactive crap you got was Qs and As to diagnose the patient, then drag and drop the stuff to fix 'em up. And there was no surgoury either. Good thing I didn't pay for that game. Then the one before that was around in the 80s on the older computers. Life and Death, or something like that. Anyways, I'm just better off away from scapels and those games :)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

I think when I would play such a game I would get bored quickly. I just don't like those games. I mean, often when someone's murdered in a game and stuff I think 'o shoot, damn you rotten murderer.' but when someone dies in a game like this I think 'who cares..next patient!.' because you don't have some sort of bond with your patients, wich you do have with characters in, to set an example, RPG's.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

phyco126 wrote:Then the one before that was around in the 80s on the older computers. Life and Death, or something like that. Anyways, I'm just better off away from scapels and those games :)

Life and Death? Aw man, I loved that game--especially Life and Death II: The Brain. You know you enjoyed sticking the needle in the patients eye by 'accident'.

Really, though, I managed to get to where I could operate on subdural hematoma and brain tumours. Operating to fix an aneurysm was such a headache, though... I never managed to get that done right. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

I'm really glad that Nintendo's DS is becoming the innovative breath of fresh air they wanted it to be, surpassing the status of a "gimmick." I love my GBA, (Riviera!!!) but there's a huge percentage of GBA games that were released for another system first. I was hoping there would be something more creative in the next gen of portable games.

I also hope that there's more games that use the touch pad to do cool things like this.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Kizyr wrote:Really, though, I managed to get to where I could operate on subdural hematoma and brain tumours. Operating to fix an aneurysm was such a headache, though... I never managed to get that done right. KF

Thank God your not my doctor then. Also, never new there was a Life and Death II. Ahh, they should remake those games so they run on the newest and fastest computers, with increased graphics, more blood, and lots of screaming XD

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

I'm glad Trauma Center is coming to the US since it's a different type of game and allows the DS to showcase a type of game unique to itself. I played it at E3 where it was one of the more popular games. (Unless a game is part of a highly anticipated franchise it's rare to wait behind more than one other person to play it. I waited behind four for Trauma Center.) I'm not entirely sold on it since it's difficult to get a feel forthe story in a short demo, but I understand that there's more to it than just patching up patient after patient.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Wow, this game sounds pretty interesting, are there any good reviews on it to read yet and/or an official site you could recommend?

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

This link lists some of the Japanese review scores the game has garnered:

www.gamestats.com/objects/695/695152/articles.html

Sorry to have kept you waiting, PrettyGirl.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Spirit Icana wrote:This link lists some of the Japanese review scores the game has garnered:

www.gamestats.com/objects/695/695152/articles.html

Sorry to have kept you waiting, PrettyGirl.

That's quite all right! :) Thanks a lot! ^_^y