Unknown rpg

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Unknown rpg

Post by MaroonChan »

I'm sure this is in vain, but thought I'd ask.

A loooong time ago (like when the super nintendo was still alive) I had rented this game. It was some kind of rpg. I have no idea what it was called. The only thing I recall was you went to some cave. It was filled with lava I think. At some point you had to go in there to save your little sister or something to that effect. I think to save her she has to eat some kind of magic berry in the cave.

Anyway, my question is does this sound familiar to anyone? I'd love to find it, but can't recall the name.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Unknown rpg

Post by Sonic# »

I know the feeling of trying to think of an RPG I have difficulty remembering.

I don't know a game that fits your description from memory. It's not something like Alundra, is it? Do you recall whether it was turn-based or action-based?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

I've played Alundra (and should hunt down a new copy someday. Brother had turned in ours >_<) so it wasn't that. I don't really remember what type of rpg it was. I wanna say turn based, but I could be wrong. It was so long ago. Just one of those things that pops into my head every so often. One of those games I wished I actually had played more of.

TempestOne

Post by TempestOne »

I thought Lufia II™ Rise Of The Sinistrals, then Wild Arms™, but, ''It's probably a 'Zelda' video game,'' lol. 8-)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Do you remember the console it was for?

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

That I at least remember. XD It was for Super Nintendo.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

So, I did a little searching. A few thoughts:

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: main character goes to Bone Dungeon to find medicine for sick friend, defeats flaming boss. ( http://www.mobygames.com/game/snes/fina ... tId,30783/ )
Paladin's Quest: I dunno, lava? ( http://www.mobygames.com/game/snes/pala ... tId,63734/ )

I suggest perusing these lists - check different years and order each list by system of release. Only paying attention to NA releases (I'm assuming) shouldn't be hard.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Damon
Lann Fisherman

Post by Damon »

Did you ever confirm? Based on the description, I'm almost certain the game you had in mind was Paladin's Quest.
Former Keeper of Knowledge