Breath of Fire 6 announced

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Breath of Fire 6 announced

Post by DevNall »

...After over a decade. Internet reaction seems quite negative.

TempestOne

Re: Breath of Fire 6 announced

Post by TempestOne »

I literally gasped out loud. I was just going through all of my PSX-PlayStation 2 video games and thinking to myself, ''They're so gonna make another one after Breath Of Fire™ Dragon Quarter™ and lo and behold, here I come to find out that there's a Breath Of Fire™ 6 being announced. Cool...
Makes me wanna play through the Breath Of Fire™ series, seriously. Thanks to you for the news! 8-)

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Wow! Breath of Fire isn't dead!

...And that h8 is pretty over-the-top. I think I can feel the chances of this game getting released in the west decreasing with each thread and news story I read. Or maybe I'm giving these loudmouths too much credit? They aren't the target audience anyway.

On the other hand, I do wonder what the old BoF artist is up to, since it doesn't seem likely that it's BoF6.
「まあいいけど。」

TempestOne

Post by TempestOne »

I have loved the Breath Of Fire™ since its genesis. Pretty much, I found the first Breath Of Fire at a Funcoland and was, like, ''What is this... look cool, oh right,'' so I bought it, lol. The gameplay was everything I was looking for and expecting in the role-playing genre and I trudged and adventured through to the end. So much fun... Some of my favorite character designs to date, honestly. Besides my personal favorite of Gobi (he looks tasty-looking), Ryu the blue-haired main character, Nina was, like, my first video game crush if that's even acceptable or fathomable, haha. At my young age, I was, like, ''Oh, I'd be her friend.'' The flying, winged Princess Of Wyndia? I mean, who could ask for more in a video game character? Breath Of Fire, to me, has exalt-worthy character designs because fleshing out the clans throughout the entire series was one of my favorite of expectations upon each new release. ''What are they gonna do with the Dragon clan?'' Or, ''What are they going to do with the Merchants?''
Back when I was playing video games really young and, even, news of video games was difficult to come by... all I had to look forward to were pics inside of articles in the local gamehead rags I'd pick up and I distinctly remember seeing a pic of Ryu fishing in a water well and I was all, ''Wow, I want this video game!'' I just feel a lot of the rookies to the video game industry don't know what it's like to speculate about video games anymore... you look at pics and drool over them, haha. Breath Of Fire™ 6 coming out to mobile devices is everything we've wanted and more since video games were starting to be made in CD-ROM format, at least in my town... my friends and I all wanted PocketStations... all wanted the cool-looking, Japanese-only cellphone video games, and here we are where, ''Video games like that,'' are finally being acceptable/published only to have outcry about it... kind of, not saddens me as a gamehead, but only makes me feel prouder that I dived into a hobby, at such a young age, that's become a maelstrom in this day and age.
Errh, Ryu, from the looks of the pics, not having his hair blue, is downright shocking.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Did some research. Tatsuya Yoshikawa, the artist who worked on this series from the very beginning and defined its look, quit Capcom around 2011 out of frustration. He freelances now; he had a piece in a Assassin's Creed art exhibition in Japan.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201110/imag ... y81kU.html
「まあいいけど。」

TempestOne

Post by TempestOne »

That's, really, interesting. ''Frustration,'' lol. That's funny to me only because he looks stable in the pics... perhaps he didn't like the art direction that the series was going towards; Judging from the screens of Breath Of Fire™ 6, Ryu I am assuming with non-blue hair is, very random. But, I was thinking about it the other day... when the cat's away, the mouse will play, kind of like, when the boss is gone, all the sales associates can do what they've always been wishing and wanting to do, so I am looking forward to where the series is going and what they're gonna do with the characters/clans; Ryu (?) specifically. Like, I never thought about it deeply, but I just never fathomed him without his go-to, traditional, ''look.'' It's very different... it's already growing on me, haha.
Honestly, I am just going to say it; Ryu and Nina always go hand in hand. Even over any other series, they're the pair I always associate together, so, I am waiting with bated breath, lol, to see if she pops out of an egg, finally, or something. Or, whatever. Gosh, I wish Breath Of Fire™ 6 does online play; I've always wanted a role-playing game to have online capabilities with just a simple leaderboard... just thoughts and ideas.