Let's dream!

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Let's dream!

Post by jay_are »

Well we never got Lunar 3 on PS1, so we hoped for it on PS2!
Unfortunately that couldn't be the case.
Then there was the PS3!
Many would have loved to see Lunar 1 and 2 on PSP, then Lunar 3 on PS3!
That one was close, except sadly not quite enough.
Now we have the PS4.
We can has Lunar 3 and Lunar 4 now? All that processing power better not be in vain...

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Let's dream!

Post by Aaron »

I think it's possible. I did a quick look at Game Arts' website. They don't have anything going on besides Ragnarok Oddessy on the PSVita, and Dukuro. (chances are they'll make an entirely new game unrelated to lunar before they make another one) If they make a new Lunar I'm sure XSeed will localize it. They're due for a new game. But I don't think it will be Lunar.

But who knows? That company survives on that game. How many versions of Lunar 1 do we have?

Lunar the silver star(sega cd)
Lunar Silver star story(sega saturn)
Lunar Silver star story complete(Playstation)
Lunar (Game Boy Advance)
Lunar Harmony(PSP)
Lunar Touch (iOS)

Thats 6 versions of Lunar 1. Two versions of Lunar 2. Magic school has 1 remake for a total of 2 versions. Then there is Lunar Dragon Song, and anything else I missed.

Given their love of remakes I bet you'll see a new lunar. Just not on the PS4, probably the Vita or PC/iOS.

Don't even bother with holding out hope for Lunar 3.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

OMG an answer!

Hehe yeah, there was also a PC version of Lunar 1.
Yes i'm aware about the fact that they won't make a new Lunar game like Lunar 3.
But it's still a dream!
Honestly, we've advanced enough in technology and RPGs and they are slacking off by not making AT LEAST a
remade version of Magic School that we never got in english officially or a better version of Dragon Song. There's potential.

Aaaanyways does anyone plan to get a PS4?
I'm absolutely excluded so far.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

A part of me will always be a little hopeful for another Lunar game, but I would be happy with just a remake of Lunar 2.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Can we make it now?

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Love the gif!

Dunno what I'd want Lunar 3 to be about, other than that I'd want a significant time-skip if it was to take place after Lunar 2.

I think a low budget, digital distro Adventures of Nall Between Lunar 1 and Lunar 2 would be brilliant. People love Nall.
「まあいいけど。」

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Thanks!! :D
Everyone has their own ideas about Lunar 3 including me. Honestly, i'd love the game about Nall!!
Hey, that would kinda make Nall THE main Lunar character, being present in all games. Not that it would be bad :) just interesting.
I might release my few ideas one day. But that gif is the beginning of it.

This thread became about Lunar3 rather than the PS4 as I originally intended :\
sorry about that since I started this in General Gaming

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I like that idea. Lunar is ripe for another side story, and the time between Lunar 1 and 2 would be perfect. Whether Nall were the main character or another group of adventurers, I'm not sure. Perhaps the dojo equivalent of Magic School?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Klover
Reza Thief

Post by Klover »

Yes, I'd love to see Magic School in the US! And Lunar 2 remade, and also a game about Nall and Ruby and them having a relationship (OMG I NEED MY NALL X RUBY FEEEEEELLSSSSSS, GAME ARTSSSS), and of course Lunar 3.

Although, I think I'd like to see it on XBOX 360 as well as PS4, because I'm not getting a PS3 or PS4 or PSanything any time soon, so yeah, I have a 360. I want it on 360.

And, I know I'm gonna get hate for it, but come on guys, 2D games are practically done for.

I'd like to see it done, 3D model wise, either similar to Hyperdimension Neptunia or exactly like THE IDOLM@STER.

Although I'll most likely go with IM@S style, because, fun fact, Toshiyuki Kubooka did the character designs of the IM@S characters, and so the models look identical to his style. So, that'd make it feel like Lunar, wouldn't it?

And maybe a female protagonist? Who has to save a male lover! Or a female lover, if they wanna do it that way! XD *brick'd*

Also, Dragon Song remake? YES PLEASE. Someone please give Lucia a different name and blue hair to match her  Goddess Althena origins. Please let Rufus live, please give them magic, please give them a baby dragon companion, please put Vane in there, please throw in an Ausa, and PLEASE let us read the books! Just so much that would make it a better game!

And I'm also working on a fanfic that basically goes by the original idea for Lunar 2; older Lunar 1 characters plus new characters. I'd love to see a "Lunar 2: Eternal Blue - The Story Retold" or "The Original Story" or whatever. <3

With lots and lots of DLC!!! I'd love love love LOVE to have a short-haired Lucia, or switch between Leo's three outfits (White Knight, Mystere, Traveler)!

Okay, okay... enough of my fantasizing...

Okay, back on PS4, uh... I don't like how it looks. Meh.
^What I think of Lunar.^

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Yes to everything Klover just said!!!!
Except the only thing i might disagree...
Klover wrote: 2D games are practically done for.
No! and No!
2D will never get enough love. Lunar needs at least 1 updated, perfectly polished, huge, non-slow-loading, beautiful 2D game.
Klover wrote:... and PLEASE let us read the books!
Maybe I'm slow, but what books?
Klover wrote:Okay, okay... enough of my fantasizing...
It's never enough xD
Klover wrote: Okay, back on PS4, uh... I don't like how it looks. Meh.
Unles the console turns out to look absolutely cool, there's not much hope. :\

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

jay_are wrote:
These guys:
http://www.lunar-net.com/merchandise/novels.php

There's also the manga:
http://www.lunar-net.com/merchandise/manga.php

Translating the last of those is on my to-do list somewhere... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Ohhhh, thank you very much for clearing that up Kizyr!! Wasn't sure if Klover was referring to books in Lunar DS...
I actually bought the first and only Lunar novel on kindle. I was excited that they were receiving an official translation.
I didn't finish reading it, but now, knowing that the project was dropped, i have ZERO motivation :cry:
However, I think that digital book didnt come with pictures, while Kizyr's translation has pictures.
Is that right? If yes that wouldnt be such a big loss

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Yeah the digital book only came with the text, none of the images.

I did start reading it also, but... Well, the actual dialogue in the original book is a little simple (it's a "light novel" -- we'd probably classify it as a novella -- and it's aimed at mid-teens). And in the attempt to make the dialogue a little less simplistic in the translation, the translator(s) added a lot of extra flowery language that gets in the way. So I never had much incentive to finish reading the English translation of Vol. 1 either. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Klover
Reza Thief

Post by Klover »

jay_are wrote:
What I meant was, in Dragon Song, you can't read books on bookshelves like you can in, well, pretty much every Lunar game with the exceptions of Dragon Song and Legend. XD
^What I think of Lunar.^

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Klover wrote: What I meant was, in Dragon Song, you can't read books on bookshelves like you can in, well, pretty much every Lunar game with the exceptions of Dragon Song and Legend. XD
I KNEW IT. Yes I was a bit sad about that too.
But.... Lunar DS is supposed to have happened before most of the books in Lunar 1 were even written...
So Lunar DS would have a lot more about the past ages. I don't think the development team could have handled being faithful to that. The game doesn't even feel to be set in the past at all :(
Either that, or they would have told awesome stories about heroes we haven't heard of, and would leave us wishing for even more games that wont get made.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Klover wrote:
jay_are wrote:
What I meant was, in Dragon Song, you can't read books on bookshelves like you can in, well, pretty much every Lunar game with the exceptions of Dragon Song and Legend. XD
Maybe not the books themselves, but in most houses there's a spot where you can get a line of dialogue (like looking at the barrel of apples in one of the rooms in Cherenkov's inn).