Support Working Designs/Victor Ireland! New JRPG Kickstarter

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
LuciaOne
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Support Working Designs/Victor Ireland! New JRPG Kickstarter

Post by LuciaOne »

Hey everybody,

It's been a long time! Victor Ireland is back, and he wants to port a new JRPG for the PSP. Nobody is porting them anymore- when I was in Japan last summer I saw so many amazing games in the stores that I've never heard of/seen again. Because it isn't super profitable the companies don't care to translate them. WD's goal was to bring these games to the west and they're going to bring another one with your help. They're going to port Class of Heroes 2 for the PSP which, according to Victor, is an amazing game.

If you pledge $59 on Kickstarter you get 1 of 4000 limited edition copies for the PSP. So worth it =) He gave me so many hours of unparalleled happiness in my childhood (Lunars, Dragon Force, Alundra, etc) that would've never happened if not for WD! There are a whole bunch of smaller and bigger donations with different prizes for each if you can't make the $59 happen.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/127 ... psp-system
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Support Working Designs/Victor Ireland! New JRPG Kicksta

Post by Sonic# »

Good to see you again!

I'll have to throw some money that way. I've been watching a few kickstarter projects, but I'd never connected them with Victor Ireland's continued efforts to port games over. This is great stuff, and I hope it succeeds.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

I hate to be a downer but at this point it's extremely unlikely that this will work. They need to raise $500K and on Day 7 (of 30) they haven't even reached $60K yet. This would only put them on pace to reach about half their goal. But it's even worse than that. IIRC, they raised about $25-30K on Day 1 and maybe another $10-15K on Day 2. Since then the flow of money has slowed down to a trickle. I would expect things to pick up a bit in the last couple of days before the deadline but not nearly enough to get this thing funded.

However, don't let anything I've said discourage anyone from contributing to this project. If a kickstarter project doesn't reach its goal, then the contributors get their money refunded so there's no risk if you support this project.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Another (huge) part of it is just knowing that the kickstarter exists. I found out about this project today, and became a backer both because Vic has brought many wonderful games into my life, and because the first Class of Heroes is a great PSP game. If you're into the Wizardry dungeon crawlers it's worth checking out. Anyway spreading the word is what gets kickstarters funded and in two weeks who knows -it could get posted on a site like reddit in some niche that loves jrpgs and expose it to boost the funding. It does look bleak at this point, but it's not over until it's over is all I'm saying.

soup or man
Nanza Bandit

Post by soup or man »

God how I miss Working Designs. I guess XSEED is the new Working Designs, but it's just not like the good ol' days.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

The good news is that it looks like the project is going forward. The bad news is that it looks like it'll go forward without some nice touches like English VA work.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time