Koei-Tecmo acquires Gust Corp. in full - Nobi am cry

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Koei-Tecmo acquires Gust Corp. in full - Nobi am cry

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

http://www.koeitecmo.co.jp/php/pdf/ird6_20111207.pdf

Essentially it's a hostile takeover via stocks for the IPs, namely the Atelier series. This news saddens me, I've become a HUGE fan of Gust games over the last couple of years, and now their IPs will likely not only be exploited to hell and back, but I wouldn't be surprised if Koei-Tecmo casually excused the current Gust staff in the process.

I'm NOT a happy camper! >_<
-Nobi

LunarSilverStar
Meribian Merchant

Re: Koei-Tecmo acquires Gust Corp. in full - Nobi am cry

Post by LunarSilverStar »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:http://www.koeitecmo.co.jp/php/pdf/ird6_20111207.pdf

Essentially it's a hostile takeover via stocks for the IPs, namely the Atelier series. This news saddens me, I've become a HUGE fan of Gust games over the last couple of years, and now their IPs will likely not only be exploited to hell and back, but I wouldn't be surprised if Koei-Tecmo casually excused the current Gust staff in the process.

Well, I agree with you that I wish they'd left Gust alone, but the current Atelier games for the PS3 have horrible camera work and maybe they could get that fixed to make the whole package better. I think the battle systems could use a bit more work as well. However, if they screwed the Atelier series like how S-E screwed the Final Fantasy games, Gust would be on a one-way train ride for bankruptcy.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

LunarSilverStar wrote:

Well, I agree with you that I wish they'd left Gust alone, but the current Atelier games for the PS3 have horrible camera work and maybe they could get that fixed to make the whole package better. I think the battle systems could use a bit more work as well. However, if they screwed the Atelier series like how S-E screwed the Final Fantasy games, Gust would be on a one-way train ride for bankruptcy.
Very true. I kinda like how the Atelier games are currently though. They've really taken me and Atelier Meruru is my most anticipated game next year. ^_^
-Nobi

LunarSilverStar
Meribian Merchant

Post by LunarSilverStar »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:
LunarSilverStar wrote:

Very true. I kinda like how the Atelier games are currently though. They've really taken me and Atelier Meruru is my most anticipated game next year. ^_^
I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Although, I'm kinda partial towards Gusts 2D sprite-based games on the PS2, especially Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny -- that one is by far my favorite.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

LunarSilverStar wrote:I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Although, I'm kinda partial towards Gusts 2D sprite-based games on the PS2, especially Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny -- that one is by far my favorite.
I need to play the Iris games. I have a hard time finding them used locally. >> <<
-Nobi