GAME BREAKING BUG: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - READ

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

GAME BREAKING BUG: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - READ

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

So, it's come to light that there's apparently a game breaking bug in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. This doesn't happen until you're very near the end of the game. At this point in the game you are allowed to proceed in any order, which is where part of the problem lies. It's not the quest at the beginning where you're visiting each area the first time, and it's also not the next quest where you're powering up the sword. It's the section AFTER this, where the game gives you a new quest, and in this quest you can go to any of the three main areas in any order.

Here are the details from Nintendo:

"We have been made aware of the issue that results in being unable to progress in the Song of the Hero quest. If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.

The situation is caused by performing the following sequence of events during the Song of the Hero quest:

1. At the beginning of the quest, going to Lanayru Desert to retrieve the song of the Thunder Dragon.

2. In the Lanayru Mine, speaking with Golo the Goron.

3. Completing the Thunder Dragon's event, and receiving his song.

4. Before heading to the forest or volcano regions, speaking with Golo in the mine again.

5. At this point, the forest and volcano events will no longer occur, making it impossible to continue.

Solutions:

• This issue WILL NOT OCCUR if the Fire and Water Dragon songs have already been collected before collecting the Thunder Dragon's song. Talking to Golo in the Lanayru Caves will also NOT trigger this issue.

• If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.

I wish I had a better answer, but I'm afraid there currently is no other fix available. I can assure, however, that we are documenting all feedback we receive on this issue. Thank you for your patience and support."

Okay, me again.

Apparently, after you trigger the quest through Golo, aka talking to him for the first time, don't talk to him AGAIN until you finish the three quests. If you do talk to him again by accident, DO NOT SAVE!!! Power down the Wii and reboot, better to lose 30 minutes or so than lose 40 hours-ish.

So really, the easiest solution is to do Lanaryu LAST!! Problem solved. ^_^ Still -Dragon Diamond- the game has this bug though. >>
-Nobi

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: GAME BREAKING BUG: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword -

Post by Alunissage »

Yikes. Clearly we dodged that bullet, but only by mistake, as normally I, at least, would make sure to talk with all NPCs in the area again to see what they had to say after each event. I never did have a good handle on the Gorons' names, though; I assume the one in question is the one that had been blocking the path to the Thunder Dragon previously?

Edit: Thanks for the info, of course!

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

You're welcome. ^^

While we're not sure why this happens, there's a theory going around. You have to talk to the Goron to start the Thunder Dragon quest bit. We think that at this point, by talking to him, this freezes the other two quests because you have to complete the Thunder Dragon quest. After completing the quest, the other two quests automatically unfreeze.

Here's the theory. We think that talking to Golo in the mines again AFTER getting the Thunder Dragon's song, but BEFORE going to retrieve the other two songs REFREEZES those quests. But now, since the Thunder Dragon's is already completed, there's no method to unfreeze those quests again. This would make it impossible to proceed.
-Nobi

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Although actually during the Thunder Dragon quest you can find out that the forest is already affected by some environmental condition that prevents the usual arrival at the various statues. We thought that was because we were already working on the other quest, but then when we finished that part and went to the Forest, or rather the temple/grounds area, we found, of course, that it was still inaccessible by the usual means.

But yeah, sounds like some flag toggle was set to both sections of Golo's dialogue instead of just the first one.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Well, looks like the fix is in. Granted, it's in the form of a Wii Channel, but whatever it takes, right? ^^;;

http://andriasang.com/comzfs/zelda_rest ... witterfeed

-Nobi