Dragon Force

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Dragon Force

Post by GhaleonOne »

Anyone importing? I know DragonmasterDan might, and I REALLY want to, but don't have the money right now. The limited edition comes with some really kickin' goodies. A soundtrack, artbook, etc.:

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/SLPM-65778SL.html

Hopefully Working Designs gets to pick it up and re-release it here too.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Gah. I haven't even played my US copy, and I'm tempted by that. I have something else to order from NCS...will have to check the bank account. I have a hard time resisting soundtracks even when I don't know what the music is like.

Heh, this is interesting. Three versions:

Game only for $29
Game, badge, and artbook for $49.
Game, badge, artbook, and soundtrack for $78.

So, um, how good is the music and art? :P The disc art certainly looked good, but I know nothing about the music.

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Alunissage wrote:Gah. I haven't even played my US copy, and I'm tempted by that. I have something else to order from NCS...will have to check the bank account. I have a hard time resisting soundtracks even when I don't know what the music is like.

Heh, this is interesting. Three versions:

Game only for $29
Game, badge, and artbook for $49.
Game, badge, artbook, and soundtrack for $78.

So, um, how good is the music and art? :P The disc art certainly looked good, but I know nothing about the music.

Music is alright, the art is very cool. Since Lunar: Genesis comes out next week I might just wait and get both at the same time. I'd spend the extra 30.00 and get the soundtrack edition though.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The silly thing is, it's probably the game I'm least interested in. The big point of 1.5x as much dialogue or whatever it was won't make much difference to me if I don't know what they're saying to begin with, so I'd rather play the Saturn one. But I like artbooks and music CDs.

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Alunissage wrote:The silly thing is, it's probably the game I'm least interested in. The big point of 1.5x as much dialogue or whatever it was won't make much difference to me if I don't know what they're saying to begin with, so I'd rather play the Saturn one. But I like artbooks and music CDs.

This has new towns, highly updated graphics, new art, and a lot of other upgrades. It's not just more dialogue. But yeah if you never played the Saturn one, then play the Saturn one.

Mog Dragonheart
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mog Dragonheart »

Whatt~ They better bring this to the U.S~ My favorite games all-time next to Suikoden II. I don't care if there is anything new, I just wanna play with my baby Junon~

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Mikhal will cut you down to size Mog!
-G1

Mog Dragonheart
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mog Dragonheart »

Ha, The name Black Mask of Death is more than just a name, G1~

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

lol, nice quotage man. :P
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Man, Dragon Force was my first strategy rpg and I got hooked. I would sit on my ass for 10 to 12 hours sometimes playing that game, because it would become so addicting. I would like to see what the PlayStation 2 version looks like, but I don't think I'll be buying it. I have one of the Dragon Force stickers on my Saturn RAM Cart. Truly an awesome game. I forget, wasn't there a sequel or a planned sequel? It's been so long I can't remember.

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Silver Phoenix wrote:Man, Dragon Force was my first strategy rpg and I got hooked. I would sit on my ass for 10 to 12 hours sometimes playing that game, because it would become so addicting. I would like to see what the PlayStation 2 version looks like, but I don't think I'll be buying it. I have one of the Dragon Force stickers on my Saturn RAM Cart. Truly an awesome game. I forget, wasn't there a sequel or a planned sequel? It's been so long I can't remember.

There's a sequel, it's not nearly as fun. The way troops behave is different, spells are a lot more powerful. Generals don't join your part as easily so you basically just go around liberating town to town. I have a lot of complaints about it.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Yeah, I knew there had been a sequel, but at the time a lot of people were saying it was inferior compared to the original. Perhaps they'll redo the sequel, and tweak the problem areas.

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Silver Phoenix wrote:Yeah, I knew there had been a sequel, but at the time a lot of people were saying it was inferior compared to the original. Perhaps they'll redo the sequel, and tweak the problem areas.

They'd pretty much need toi make an entirely new game, the whole problem is the game engine is too different from the original Dragon Force, it's very linear, practically no one CPU controlled invades anyone else. THe battle system is too different. The problem is the game, it's not just a few tweaks here or there that a Directors Cut might solve.