Final Fantasy IX is one of the best games I've ever played

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Final Fantasy IX is one of the best games I've ever played

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Kizyr wrote:I like the FFX soundtrack. But FFIX's soundtrack is easily one of the most emotional for me. KF
For me IX and VI were Uematsu's peak. He hasn't done anything better since.
-Nobi

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:
Kizyr wrote:I like the FFX soundtrack. But FFIX's soundtrack is easily one of the most emotional for me. KF
For me IX and VI were Uematsu's peak. He hasn't done anything better since.
I don't think he's done an FF since. I believe he only partially composed FFX. He has done a couple of 360 games, but I've played neither.

Here would be a good place to confess that I really enjoyed FFXIII's soundtrack. Then again, I'm a fan of Hamauzu.

Solana
Student of Vane

Post by Solana »

Did Uematsu do the music for Mystic Quest? Old school or not, I still believe that is one of the very finest soundtracks in the series, especially the Lava Dome and Doom Castle tracks. I also love watching that guy play with the Black Mages on youtube, since it's easy to tell how much he loves his work. :mrgreen:
This is either madness, or brilliance- Will Turner
It's remarkable how often those traits coincide- Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Mystic Quest was, according to the Source of All Knowledge wikipedia, composed by Ryuji Sasai (perhaps better known for the FF Legend III soundtrack) and Yasuhiro Kawakami (...Chocobo's Dungeon 2?)

I'm not terribly familiar with the MQ soundtrack. I don't think I've played the game since I was...twelve?

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

It's definitely one of the best FFs.
Last edited by brightshield on Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Now that I am sick to death of Nomura and SE's brand of anime-realism, IX seems to shine even brighter. I pulled it out the other year and was amazed by the music. I played the game right around its debut back in the day; WHY did I not give the music the credit it was due? (Oh, yeah, it was because it was released not long after Chrono Cross. :P)
Jenner wrote:He can't listen to Melodies of Life anymore without breaking into tears.
Here, here.
「まあいいけど。」

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Shiva Indis wrote: WHY did I not give the music the credit it was due? (Oh, yeah, it was because it was released not long after Chrono Cross. :P)
Oh yeah! Chrono Cross had the best music.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Shiva Indis wrote:Now that I am sick to death of Nomura and SE's brand of anime-realism, IX seems to shine even brighter.
This! I really miss Amano's character designs. Nomura's don't hold a candle even when they're not annoyingly silly.

If we're going to start talking Yasunori Mitsuda, I'd like to point out that I found his Xenosoundtracks vastly better than his Chrono OSTs. Which is saying a lot, because I love the Chrono OSTs.

Solana
Student of Vane

Post by Solana »

Werefrog wrote:
Shiva Indis wrote: WHY did I not give the music the credit it was due? (Oh, yeah, it was because it was released not long after Chrono Cross. :P)
Oh yeah! Chrono Cross had the best music.
Quite a bit of it was breathtakingly lovely. The opening, 'On the Beach of Dreams', 'Jellyfish Sea', 'Marbule', and the final battle music were some of my favorites. (I wasn't as big a fan of the regular battle music, tbh.)

Hmmm, might have to add that to the soundtrack wishlist...
This is either madness, or brilliance- Will Turner
It's remarkable how often those traits coincide- Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl