Ninokuni - Studio Ghibli RPG for PS3 and DS *Updated*

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I updated with a gameplay video on the first post.
Last edited by Silver Phoenix on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Re: Ninokuni - Studio Ghibli RPG for PS3 and DS *Updated*

Post by Silver Phoenix »

GameArts needs to get a clue. If they needed any inspiration to see how to develop Lunar 3, right here is the perfect example.

This is a gameplay video posted from Tokyo Game Show. I'm not sure if the stream is working, but you can click on one of the download links and it will stream it. I'm sure there will be more videos.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_tgs_ninok ... 03_en.html

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

Man, I'm actually kind of tired of Ghibli being involved with games. At first it was like "Wow, that's an odd combo. I never would've predicted that!" Then it just kept going on and on.
I find the art work annoying to look at. There's a million mis-proportioned characters to look at and deal with in games these days. But people are excited and already promising their money, so at least everyone is happy. Except the odd one like me. Hm.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Looks like it's getting localized! Fantastic news!

http://www.gamespot.com/events/tgs-2011 ... id=6335002

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Arlia wrote:Man, I'm actually kind of tired of Ghibli being involved with games. At first it was like "Wow, that's an odd combo. I never would've predicted that!" Then it just kept going on and on.
I find the art work annoying to look at. There's a million mis-proportioned characters to look at and deal with in games these days. But people are excited and already promising their money, so at least everyone is happy. Except the odd one like me. Hm.
Wait, what?

They haven't even released their first game yet. Are you tired of their involvement in games, or the hype around it? I can understand the latter.

I'm pretty happy with it though. I like their style.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

Weren't the Professor Layton games on the DS with Studio Ghibli? I don't mean to whine... sorry.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

No, those were P.A. Works. The aesthetics were like a combination of Ghibli and The Triplets of Bevelle.
-Nobi

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

Oh, I see! Thanks. I guess I was thinking of something entirely different. Sorry about that.

I wonder if the game will have an interesting pre-order bonus?

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

There will most likely be a special edition, and there is talk of DLC. This is Studio Ghibli's first foray into the world of gaming, and they worked together with Level 5 in developing the game and story. The animation was created solely for the game itself. The release is scheduled for early 2012, so I'm thinking around Spring.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

If you thought this game was beautiful before, just look at this.

I tried posting the youtube video, but the coding on the site here is messed up and doesn't show the video when clicking the youtube button.

This video is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYsGjza- ... ture=feedu

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

WOW! This game looks so fantastic! So pretty.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

It will be the best game of forever.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Have none of you been paying attention to this game? It's due out on my birthday "January 22, 2013" and there is a Wizard's Edition that you have to pre-order by August 31st if you want it.

They also have their version of a Kickstarter where the more pre-orders they achieve they include more in the Wizard's Edition. They will only be able to reach two goals as the time is almost up for pre-ordering this edition. Presently they included a set of 5 prints for reaching Goal #1, and they will include a special Wizard's Coin once Goal #2 is reached.

If you pre-order on Amazon you get a DLC Familiar called Griffy which wasn't in the Japanese version, and if you pre-order through GameStop you get a SteelBook case with different art. These pre-orders don't have a limit of time.

The only thing that pisses me off is that they don't include a soundtrack which is beyond stupid.

http://www.ninostarter.com/