Video Games Live special on PBS

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Video Games Live special on PBS

Post by whitedragon_nall »

http://www.thetanooki.com/2010/06/04/th ... e-concert/

Anybody ever attend one of the shows? Ive checked out some clips on Youtube and it looks like a lot of fun. PBS will be airing a special on July 31st, so I'll be sure to check it out.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Video Games Live special on PBS

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Yep! I saw the show they did in Birmingham (Alabama, not the UK) a couple of years ago. Needless to say, it was fantastic. One of the best concerts I've ever been to in my life. I do wish they had a little more stuff that was a bit off the beaten path, though. I'd love live Iwadare music.

Funny anecdote. They did a medley of Final Fantasy main themes at the show I saw. Started with FFX, some clapping. FFIV, some clapping. FFI, some clapping. FFVIII, lots of clapping. FFVI, lots and lots of clapping. FFVII, the crowd goes berserk. FFIX, crickets. It was sad. No one played it, and it was one of the best.

I hope I get to see another VGL sometime, and get another CD. I bought the CD they had, got it signed by Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall, and then turned around and gave it to this horrible woman who happened to be my fiancée at the time. Sigh.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Video Games Live special on PBS

Post by Monde Luna »

I can't really say more than Vyse has already said but I have been to a VGL show in Ca. It was amazing! They didn't really do a medley of FF at our show though, but they did play One Winged Angel. They also played some Chrono Trigger and Castlevania. It's an awesome show I reccomend it to anyone that likes video game music. They really do cover all the genres well.