Madden 2006 and EA's evil Take over

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Madden 2006 and EA's evil Take over

Post by segaboy7 »

I know This has prolly been talked about for soo long, but I just have to get this off my chest. So Madden 2006 is finally out, and now is the only football game around thanks to those @#*$@#'s at EA. Is Anyone going to buy this game after reveiws are showing to be the worst for a madden game ever? EA is one of the most deceitful video game companys, and aside of Sports, Burnout(which they bought from Accalim after they went under) and Need for speed series, their games really really suck. I hope to god that NHL 2k6 kicks the crap out of EA's NHL 2006. Not to mention that EA is trying to buy out Ubisoft. Could you imagine a Lunar game, or Prince of Persia game By EA, they would RUIN IT, that would be like if Square-Enix got ahold of Lunar, bad enough they have Grandia. Anyway back to the main point, am I the only one that hates this blood thristy company?

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

Square Enix essentially did get ahold of Lunar. I don't know the details, but they made some kind of acquisition or major stock purchase of GameArts a couple years back.

edit: fixed stupid grammar
Last edited by drumlord on Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Rich-

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I don't play sports games anymore, so... no, of course I won't be getting it, but ... I wonder for all those people that have no alternative... it does seem unfair that they don't have a choice.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Well... in my Nintendo Power magazine, it actually got a really good review. Not to mention that the graphics look amazing and the AI is smarter than ever. But anyways, I still wont buy it. I don't play many sports games, maybe some hocky now and then.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Magazine reviews are generally long-winded (and paid) advertisements. I wouldn't pay much credence to the ratings they give.

Sports games in general seem to repetitive to me. And, I really don't like EA's business practices. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

AMEN!

Sounds like somthing I'd write up. Last year ESPN football sold better on Xbox and almost even on PS2. So what does EA do? They said to themselves "Hmm, what can we do to fix this? Oh, lets take away peoples choice and force them to buy our game". And the sad thing is people will. But I won't buy it and I already pre ordered NHL 2k6 since I'm a bigger hockey fan than football anyway.

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

yeah NHL 2K6 is looking pretty amazing, I just hope it lives up to 2K5 which is the best hockey game since well NHL 95 on the genesis. As for EA's Bussiness tactics, they are justing doing what microsoft does and just buy out the compition, I really hope this move hurts EA bad, and I mean really bad. This company has no heart, espically when it comes to their employees who by the way took EA to court for not paying their proper wages nor paying proper overtime wages. EA needs to go.