Humble Indie Bundle

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
localflick
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Humble Indie Bundle

Post by localflick »

http://www.wolfire.com/humble

5 Great games are available at a price that you set and the money goes to charity. How cool is that?

The games are:

World of Goo
Aquaria
Gish
Lugaru HD
Penumbra Overture

This is actually the third copy of World of Goo that I've purchased, but really I can't support that game or 2DBoy enough. I love that game! Can't wait to play the other 4.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Humble Indie Bundle

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

I'd be more interested if I didn't already own two of the games (Gish and Aquaria.) I might partake anyway.

It was recently posted on slashdot that Linux users have been donating twice as much on average as Windows users. Intriguing!

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

The platform generosity stat is kind of interesting.

They've raised over $500,000 in only a few days and there's less than 2 days left. The Penumbra game also has a special where donors can get the Penumbra collection for $5 which is pretty nice too.

Solana
Student of Vane

Post by Solana »

It's always nice to see videogames and charity mix. I've tried Aquaria and found it enjoyable, but then again, it does involve my beloved oceans... :P
This is either madness, or brilliance- Will Turner
It's remarkable how often those traits coincide- Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Solana wrote:It's always nice to see videogames and charity mix. I've tried Aquaria and found it enjoyable, but then again, it does involve my beloved oceans... :P
A blog I saw described it as Ecco meets Zelda, and I was all over it faster than you can say "glyph."

In fact, I liked it so much that I ordered the signed limited edition soundtrack. Which I posted on a forum I moderate, only to discover one of the regulars, who I had "known" for years, used to date the composer! Small world.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I bought it. I've been playing World of Goo. Loads of fun. I'll try the others another time.

Yay indie development!
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

So the adventure game Samarost 2 just got donated to the bundle. As in, the developer decided to donate the game to the cause. It's a fairly acclaimed adventure game, out of somewhere in Eastern Europe if I'm not mistaken.