Let's Play: Pool of Radiance.

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Jenner
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Let's Play: Pool of Radiance.

Post by Jenner »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfe598kXkI0 Video 1. Wow, I sound stupid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAhc-_PQjUo Video 2... oy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdvx7E0Yj-o Video 3, obvious edits are obvious. Pretend you don't notice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMmrBpT5BHs Video 4 the madness continues.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWPy6-UAGXs Video 5 wherein the -Dragon Diamond- music begins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d--qO3l7Acc Video 6 Ohlo, and the end of The Slums.
Last edited by Jenner on Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Re: Let's Play: Pool of Radiance.

Post by Jenner »

I am still unable to get Pools of Radiance to cooperate with my computer. However, I'm over at Kizyr's right now and I CAN make it work on his Laptop.

So, for right now (very briefly) I shall take this moment to introduce you to our player characters.
You may be thinking to yourself, "This is Dungeons and Dragons! That means its time for the multi-racial super friends!" But, you would be wrong. Early day Dungeons and Dragons is racist AND sexist. Women have lower max stats in many important stats than men, (for example, a female human fighter can only have 18(50) strength, compared to 18(00) for men) and certain races can only reach certain levels in certain classes. However, I will bypass D&D's rampant racism the best way possible. With BLACK PEOPLE.

The next couple posts (since this forum limits pictures to 3 per thread) will have short bios.

Rook Me'tsa is the elder of two Calishite (Human) brothers who set off from somewhere in the Border Kingdoms. Rook adores his younger brother, and the two are inseparable. Rook is Chaotic-Good and a straight class fighter (eventually Ranger, they don't exist in PoR.) He is always tending his looks as he worships Sune who puts beauty above all else. He seeks the typical glory, riches, and fame.

Dero Me'tsa is Rook's younger brother. He is Lawful-Good and, In Pools of Radiance, will be a dual class Cleric/Fighter because Paladins do not exist yet. (Much like how Rook will become a Ranger, Dero will be converted to a Paladin in Curse of the Azure Bonds.) Dero worships the God Torm. He and seeks to rout out the evil that lurks in Phlan.

Sebastain has the longest name, and so he has the biggest thumbnail. This does not make him the main character you genre savvy -Fatal Hopper-. Sebastian is a Chondathan Human who claims to come from the regions around Hlondeth. Neutral-Good and a Cleric who worships Ilmater (my favorite fictional deity) He was sent here by the Church of Ilmater to check in on his brethren in a temple that was active in the area as correspondence has ceased. He joined the two brothers to assist them in their journey since they were going the same way.

Vryn Doomwander is a female Shield Dwarf Fighter/Thief she is Neutral-Good and worships the dwarven deity Marthammor Duin, the god of exploration. She only desires adventure, and to see the world and all its wonders.The group will find her within the the city ruins themselves mapping out the dungeon. They bring her along as navigator.

Miria Threspiel offered to accompany the group for a share of the treasure and for her own reasons at the same time the brothers recruited Sebastian. Miria does not reveal anything about herself beyond the fact that she is a Magic-User. She is Chaotic-Neutral and she worships the goddess Beshaba.

Kendris is a male elven Fighter/Magic-User, he is Chaotic-Good and worships Corellon Larethian. (He's probably a moon elf, but I'm not committed to that because I hate elves. I would have made him black too but then he'd be a Drow and Drow are the suckiest of suckness.) Typical of elves, he is very pretty and uses a bow. He was recruited by the brothers in town. He really just came here to kill orcs and claim treasure so he can pay the dowry for some woman his father set him up with.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

When I tried Pools of Radiance years ago, I was terrible at it. Mainly because the system has no safeguards against failure built into the system. With our RPGs, it's easy to recover from having spent too much gold - you level grind in a scaled area. With this, as I recall, I'd die most fights because I'd stumble in on a situation I wasn't ready for.

I might have to try again. I have the Forgotten Realms collection.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Sonic# wrote:When I tried Pools of Radiance years ago, I was terrible at it. Mainly because the system has no safeguards against failure built into the system. With our RPGs, it's easy to recover from having spent too much gold - you level grind in a scaled area. With this, as I recall, I'd die most fights because I'd stumble in on a situation I wasn't ready for.

I might have to try again. I have the Forgotten Realms collection.
It runs very much like Dungeons and Dragons. Everything is done by invisible dicerolls (shady backroom deals!) Even with all my characters with Maxed Out stats Kizyr still witnessed me get absolutely crushed by the first big battle.

>.> STUPID RNG.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.