iPhone games...

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

iPhone games...

Post by Aaron »

Well I got an iPhone & I was looking at the games. Any of you play them? I only play the Free ones so anyone have a recommendation?

Also if there is a REALLY good app I might buy it...

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Re: iPhone games...

Post by CatsWithMatches »

ZenBound is fantastic.

Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Shin Otaku III »

I really enjoyed the first Zenonia on my ipod touch. So much so that I bought Zenonia 2 the first day it came out, and I got to say I've loved it. My biggest beef has been with the fact that they advertise it (Zenonia 2) as having PvP, but I've learned it's fighting a computer-controlled upload of someones character. But hey, if you want a fun little action-based rpg with a diablo style loot system then go for it. :)

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I actually dl'd the first zenonia (the free version) I really liked it. But when it ended I felt there wasn't enough there to warrant purchasing the game. That and I really didn't like the main character. But the rest of the game was fun. Including the combat, and leveling system.

I'm gonna look for a Zenonia 2 free version and maybe if they improved it a lot I'll buy it.

Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Shin Otaku III »

Aaron wrote:I actually dl'd the first zenonia (the free version) I really liked it. But when it ended I felt there wasn't enough there to warrant purchasing the game. That and I really didn't like the main character. But the rest of the game was fun. Including the combat, and leveling system.
Yah couldn't agree more. The story is really corny and the characters are ridiculous, but I think you'll be able to appreciate the fact that you can choose from 4 different characters for zenonia 2. But the story and dialogue are just as hokey as the first game ><

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

My gf and her brother were playing some kind of free MMO type game. It lags a little on a iphone 3g, but goes smoothly on a GS. :D I'll try to get the name if you're interested, but you basically form a party with other people and go kill zombies in a fantasy setting. Attack is mostly point in click but you do have skills and you can buy weapons/armor when you level up to the level required to use them and buy items like potions.

Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Shin Otaku III »

Actually you know plants vs. zombies for the iphone is looking more and more tempting every day O_O

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I have plants vs. zombies on cpu so I don't want it on the iPhone.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

I have a very long commute, so I've become very familiar with iPhone games.

If you like RPGs (it's a Lunar forum after all) Vay's port is pretty good, and while Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy 2 are available the text is really small. Chaos Rings is a really good RPG by Squenix that looks, feels, and plays just like the psx games they used to make.

Capcom's games have great controls which can be kind of an issue on the iPhone since there's no buttons. Surprisingly Street Fighter IV plays really well, and Resident Evil 4 is fun (I believe there's a free demo to try out).

Other games I really enjoy are Labyrinth 2, Doodle Jump, Dragon's Lair (it's a GREAT version), Seed which is a free Zelda-like game, and Gamebox which is a single app that has 28 games and is updated with new games every month or so.

...hope that helps.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Wait wait wait. You're telling me that there's an iPhone port of Vay? And Resident Evil 4? AND Street Fighter IV?

Dammit, I guess I have to get an iPod Touch.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Vyse of Arcadia wrote:Wait wait wait. You're telling me that there's an iPhone port of Vay? And Resident Evil 4? AND Street Fighter IV?

Dammit, I guess I have to get an iPod Touch.
I played a bit of the iPhone Vay. It's fun. They do a re-translation, though, so the main character's name is Heiburger instead of Sandor.

Lucca (LuccaRPG) has a bit of an LP of it on YouTube, too. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Aaron wrote:I have plants vs. zombies on cpu so I don't want it on the iPhone.
On your CPU, huh? ;)
localflick wrote:Capcom's games have great controls which can be kind of an issue on the iPhone since there's no buttons.
Some of them, anyway -- you might want to skip Megaman.
Vyse of Arcadia wrote:Wait wait wait. You're telling me that there's an iPhone port of Vay? And Resident Evil 4? AND Street Fighter IV?
Well, in all fairness, the version of Street Fighter IV doesn't include a full roster.
Kizyr wrote: I played a bit of the iPhone Vay. It's fun. They do a re-translation, though, so the main character's name is Heiburger instead of Sandor.
You can actually rename him in Settings.
Vyse of Arcadia wrote:Dammit, I guess I have to get an iPod Touch.
Incidentally, if you do, you might want to make sure to pick up a "3rd generation" iPod Touch. (If you buy one from Apple now, they sell an 8GB, 32GB and 64GB model -- the 32GB and 64GB models have significantly more advanced graphics hardware, which may be important if you intend to keep the thing for a long time.)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

DevNall wrote:
Kizyr wrote:I played a bit of the iPhone Vay. It's fun. They do a re-translation, though, so the main character's name is Heiburger instead of Sandor.
You can actually rename him in Settings.
But why would you want to?
HIGHBUUUURRRGGGEERRRRRR!!!!!! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

DevNall wrote:localflick wrote:
Capcom's games have great controls which can be kind of an issue on the iPhone since there's no buttons.

Some of them, anyway -- you might want to skip Megaman.
Megaman 2's controls bothered me at first, but there's a "classic" setting in the options that made it play perfectly (for me anyway). I still have trouble with the first sonic the hedgehog's controls which is annoying since a good portion of the game can be accomplished by holding right and jumping.
DevNall wrote:Well, in all fairness, the version of Street Fighter IV doesn't include a full roster.
Yes, and some people speculate about whether there will be updates with more characters, but for $9.99 I think it's pretty nice. There's also a simplified control scheme with fewer buttons so the screen isn't cluttered, but the controls really impressed me.

It's also worth noting that Resident Evil 4 has shorter levels and the cutscenes were replaced with still images, but if you like the demo you'll probably like the full game. They also made a game based on the RE:Degeneration movie which I haven't tried yet, but I've heard it plays the same way.

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

You can emulate SNES (and NES obviously) games on it.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

You can emulate SNES (and NES obviously) games on it.
As in a jailbroken one? How do you get the games on it?