Anyone here play with Arcade Sticks?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Anyone here play with Arcade Sticks?

Post by chiiruchan »

Just curious. Does anyone here play fighting games with Arcade Sticks? I just got a Hori EX2... and I haven't used it just yet. I was wondering if anyone can give me pointers. My friend said that you need to config games to the stick... I'm not sure what is a good way to do this... I watched her do it a few times but I can't remember. Also, since I never used a joystick, is there any way to actually tap the stick or something? Do you tap it or do you wriggle it or both? :shock: I am a total newbie at this....

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Anyone here play with Arcade Sticks?

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

...it depends on the game? Just treat the stick as a hyper-sensitive d-pad, and you'll be fine. It's kinda like driving stick after driving an automatic your whole life. It takes some getting used to, but once you do, you have so much more control. Actually, I've been trying to free myself of depending on a gamepad on my PC. It seems to be the same sort of transition learning to play fighting games with a keyboard.

I don't have an arcade stick for any of my newfangled consoles. I haven't been able to afford one, and I don't think I'll be able to for a while. But I love my official Japanese Sega Dreamcast arcade stick to pieces. It's bigger than the console itself, actually.

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

My friend is already talking about modding mine to do 360 and PS3.... maybe even a PS2 mod as well. O_O; Gosh.... I haven't even got to use the stick yet!! But as soon as I get to my boyfriend's tonight... It's gonna be arcade stick time! (That sounded so wrong on so many levels... :lol: )

Lord_Ghaleon
Student of Vane

Post by Lord_Ghaleon »

I use the SF4 Collectors Edition fight stick. It only works on the PS3 and I can't seems to find a reliable way to mod it to work on 360 and ps2 as well =(

For most it seems that it takes 2 weeks to get accustomed to the arcade stick, but you will (hopefully) love it.