World of Warcrap.

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Jenner
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

World of Warcrap.

Post by Jenner »

Yeah, it's not worth it anymore.

WHATEVER BLIZZARD, way to storm into mediocrity with your rubbish.
seriously

Once Cataclysm comes out it'll be Furrytopia.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Re: World of Warcrap.

Post by Asmodean »

I'm not happy about Life Grip as a Shadow Priest. I call Shenanigans!
ImageImageImage

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

I don't really get MMOs. Why on earth would someone pay $15 a month to get yelled at by idiots? A couple hours of a free trial (I've tried several MMOs that way) was enough to convince me that there are much better games with fewer idiots.

Kefka
Meribian Merchant

Post by Kefka »

once this semester is over I'm going to write this "review" of whatever the hell world of warcraft is that I've got mulling around in my head. it's going to be the most ridiculous thing you ever saw.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

As popular as the Warcraft games are, I'm surprised Spellforce isn't a bigger series. gog.com has the first one with it's expansions for $10 and I've only been played it for a few hours but it's sort of a hybrid of a top-down rts rpg like Warcraft 3, and once you order your troops telling them where you want them to go you can switch to an over the shoulder view to play it like WoW.

Only there's no monthly fee, it's offline, and you control all of your people to some extent instead of just yourself. I never got into WoW but I have friends that swear it's the greatest game ever. But the hybrid idea appeals to me and I'm surprised there's not more games set up like that.

Maybe the next Warcraft game will steal the formula and take credit for it... who knows?

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

localflick wrote:As popular as the Warcraft games are, I'm surprised Spellforce isn't a bigger series. gog.com has the first one with it's expansions for $10 and I've only been played it for a few hours but it's sort of a hybrid of a top-down rts rpg like Warcraft 3, and once you order your troops telling them where you want them to go you can switch to an over the shoulder view to play it like WoW.
Sounds kinda like Dungeon Siege, which I loved. Well, the second one anyway. Also Bioware's RPGs.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

I'll look into Dungeon Seige. I really like that type of hybrid gameplay and it would be nice to have more than 1 series to play.

Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Shin Otaku III »

Jenner wrote:Yeah, it's not worth it anymore.
I agree, WoW has been going downhill since they started nerfing all of the raid instances in BC, and they took away 40 man raids! Especially this newer cross-realm dungeon queue, and the fact that you can now buy end-game tiered gear with badges that you can get from 5-mans. I've been playing since december 2004, and I'd have to say, them dumbing down the game has made everything feel watered down. I understand the developers want to have as many people experience end-game content as possible, but they made it so ridiculously easy that you can be a complete retard and be able to experience all of the game's PvE content. There used to be a certain prestige being in one of maybe three guilds on your server that was able to complete all of the PvE content.

/rant off

Sorry, I was gonna blog about it on my 1up, but I'm glad I was able to get it out somewhere.. <3