People Like The Magic Obelisk

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

People Like The Magic Obelisk

Post by Shiva Indis »

I am a person who likes The Magic Obelisk, a WiiWare game that GameArts released a few months ago. Nintendojo likes it a lot. http://nintendojo.com/reviews/Wii/view_ ... 1266949634

Most reviews didn't give the game quite as high a score as Nintendojo, but the consensus is that the game is one of the better WiiWare offerings. If you have a Wii, it's definitely worth your $5.
「まあいいけど。」

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: People Like The Magic Obelisk

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Wow, that game completely slipped under my radar, and it seems like my kind of game. I'd never even heard of it. No surprise, really. There are so very few Wiiware gems worth playing amongst all the generic ones. I'll be downloading this promptly.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I just discovered that the game's soundtrack is freely available from GameArt's official site. :shock: That's hardly the limit on the free goodies they offer - besides the more conventional desktop backgrounds and such, the Japanese version of the site has a papercraft design of the main character too. Very excited to try that. :mrgreen:

Other stuff:
-The producer says this was a in-house effort; the developers even recorded the voices.
-This staff has another downloadable game in the works.
「まあいいけど。」

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

This isn't about penises? :/ DISAPPOINTMENT.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Sophia
Lostest Boy

Post by Sophia »

I admit when I saw that first Magic Obelisk picture on that page, I too thought it would contain something deliciously inappropriate. It's like those gummy lighthouses. It sets you up for "Oh baby" only to knock you down.

Anyway...I've never heard of this game but next time I go shopping on mah Wii I'll be sure to download it.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

So tell me, who has some of that critically acclaimed Magic Obelisk around here? :P
「まあいいけど。」

Mystere
Meryod Yokel

Post by Mystere »

I got it as soon as it dropped... Too bad I haven't had the time to play it yet (like most games I own).
To all those who said they weren't aware of this game's existence: a good site to visit regularly is www.Siliconera.com - they have really good coverage of niche titles like this one!!!

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I generally treat my Wii like the bastard child that it is, and Nintendo does a horrendously bad job of showing enough information or gameplay about most games it releases on Virtual Console. You're lucky if you see one or two pictures.

Is there any videos of gameplay around?