St. Louis Gamerfest about to be launched!

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: St. Louis Gamerfest about to be launched!

Post by Alunissage »

Are people who are going planning on attending all 3 days? I think it's pretty likely that I'll go -- have to decide today since this is the last day for the group hotel rate. I rather dread the flight costs for a holiday weekend, though.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:Are people who are going planning on attending all 3 days? I think it's pretty likely that I'll go -- have to decide today since this is the last day for the group hotel rate. I rather dread the flight costs for a holiday weekend, though.
Jenner and I will be there all three days, plus the Thursday right before the convention.

I recommend Southwest, if you're near one of their hubs, as they tend to remain cheap even during holiday weekends. I'd also recommend JetBlue, but I don't think they fly to St. Louis. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I was still thinking about going, but just found out my car is on it's way out, so it's probably a no-go for me. :(
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It's looking less likely that I'd be able to come too -- this past weekend we decided to make an offer on a house, and it's been accepted, with close of escrow June 3. I'm really excited about the house, but not sure what that will mean for me in terms of needing to be around and pour money into stuff like inspections.

Solana
Student of Vane

Post by Solana »

Bad news, everyone. We're canceling the convention for this year. It'd be great to try again in the future, but this year we just fell short and didn't have what we needed. I'm truly sorry for people having to change their plans, (especially you, Jenner) and thank everyone for your interest and support. Maybe when this economy turns around...
This is either madness, or brilliance- Will Turner
It's remarkable how often those traits coincide- Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Solana wrote:Bad news, everyone. We're canceling the convention for this year. It'd be great to try again in the future, but this year we just fell short and didn't have what we needed. I'm truly sorry for people having to change their plans, (especially you, Jenner) and thank everyone for your interest and support. Maybe when this economy turns around...
Dangit!!!

That's awful news...

Um, are any of you guys still going to be in St. Louis? Jenner and I are still gonna go (y'know, 'worst-case' is that we get a vacation in St. Louis). Maybe we can at least get together, maybe get that Lunar game going? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Solana wrote:Bad news, everyone. We're canceling the convention for this year. It'd be great to try again in the future, but this year we just fell short and didn't have what we needed. I'm truly sorry for people having to change their plans, (especially you, Jenner) and thank everyone for your interest and support. Maybe when this economy turns around...
Kizyr wrote:
Dangit!!!

That's awful news...

Um, are any of you guys still going to be in St. Louis? Jenner and I are still gonna go (y'know, 'worst-case' is that we get a vacation in St. Louis). Maybe we can at least get together, maybe get that Lunar game going? KF
Yeah, I mean, obviously you lot planned this because many of the StG folks live in that area? Like Kiz said, we're too deep in to cancel our plans. So, would you guys like to have a smaller, not convention, meet up or something? Since we're all committed and still going to St. Louis? Seeing as it's happening pretty soon getting to this ASAP would be appreciated.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.