Playstation Move

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
sux2bme
Nanza Bandit
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Playstation Move

Post by sux2bme »

well the reason why i don't like Wii is because of it's kiddie games, however i always like idea about the wii mote...

i've always been a fan of playstation brand, so far i'm entice with their games, not that many as 360 or wii but most are up for my taste( i really like Uncharted btw based on what i've seen on youtube), it's just that well it's expensive, i was planning to buy it last year when the ps3 slim came out however i know during E3 i heard the playstation move was coming so i eventually delayed the decision to buy it because if the ps eye and ps move gets bundled with the console and hopefully(but unlikely) a price drop occurs, it would be very nice...

so far they have nice games for playstation move, lots of third party support i heard. very similar to wii(yes), but if they develop games that i like(as if i'm the only audience...LOL) then PS3 would have one loyal customer on their side...

PS. i don't care if its a wiimote rip off... what i like about is its potential... i don't care about natal either,its innovative but i need something on my hands...

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Playstation Move

Post by Ardent Fox »

Motion control is to good ideas like skateboarding is to a half pipe of nails. You're enjoying yourself at first until you realize you're getting badly hurt and there's some internal damage. Motion control is something that while on paper could be immersive and add a whole new dimension to game play only winds up giving someone carpal tunnel and a headache because the execution falters. Granted our only real example is the Wii that anyone pays attention to and anyone who's played it knows the motion control doesn't work that well. Swing your arm and if the planets are lined up you'll actually hit that ball in Wii Baseball.

Do I have any hope for Sony? No, frankly I think Playstation Move is just another bop on the bonce for the company in their long history of lessons they need to learn before they realize they need to spend time harnessing the power of their hardware rather than fiddling around with another motion control system. Honestly, I don't trust any motion control anything, but trends are things that everyone has to hop on. I remember a trend once, big padded shoulders for working women in the 80s. Nice to see that one still arou-oh wait.

Sophia
Lostest Boy

Post by Sophia »

The only thing that truly bugs me about the Move is that bizarre brightly colored ball sticking out of the top of the controller.

I'm not really planning on getting the Move since I don't even have a PS3. But I've gotten my fill of motion control with the Wii.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

After the Wii, I doubt I'll ever get into motion controls. Some games it works great with....others, not so much. I have a Wii, but most of the game I play on it are VC and Wiiware games. Most of the motion controls in Wii games feel tacked on and unnecessary. Sony will hafta really impress me with something big if they want me to purchase this.

PS: Sophia, your avatar looks sooo familiar. I can't place where it's from though. Slap me if I'm wrong, but is that Ledah from Riviera? I'm probably wrong...maybe they just look similar. It's driving me crazy though.

Sophia
Lostest Boy

Post by Sophia »

Worry not for your guess is correct! My avatar is indeed Ledah from Riviera.

And I agree about the Wii controls. No More Heroes (and NMH2) are the only games I've played on the Wii so far that felt like the motion control added something to the game. All of the others could've done without. (Though I've yet to play Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy. Shame on me!)

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Sophia wrote:Worry not for your guess is correct! My avatar is indeed Ledah from Riviera.
So that's it! I've been thinking it looked familiar!

I dunno about Playstation Move. If nothing else, the button placement looks incredibly awkward in the pictures I've seen. It looks like it would be painful to use after about twenty minutes, and since I'm already starting to have wrist problems...

I'll get it if there's a game using it that I can't do without. Otherwise, I'm not terribly interested.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

I was right? Cool. Love the Dept. Heaven series.

Back on topic, I agree about NMH. The slashing motions of the Wii remote made that game more enjoyable. And MP3 did a good job with them too, but SMG didn't have anything except for the multiplayer mode. I never tried it out though, so I can't comment on that.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

whitedragon_nall wrote:but SMG didn't have anything except for the multiplayer mode. I never tried it out though, so I can't comment on that.
Yeah, I think you're a bit confused. SMG used motion a decent bit in single player.

I think the real advantage the Wiimote is that it's not only a motion control device, it's a pointer. And a lot of great games, SMG included, have made heavy use of that. For some reason, I don't think Playstation Move has that capability.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Did it? I probably am confused. Must not have left a lasting impression on me, I guess. :lol: All I remember is shooting those star bit thingies at the screen.