Jenner's Humorous ME2 Tangent Thread.

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Sophia
Lostest Boy
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Jenner's Humorous ME2 Tangent Thread.

Post by Sophia »

Jenner wrote:Also, I don't know about the rest of you but I'm having the biggest crush on Jack right now, she is SO AWESOME.
I'll never understand why Jack gets so much hate from the ME fanbase. I have a hearty laugh every time she calls me a horrible name or gives me an indifferent attitude. We're now good space buddies.
Jenner wrote:Hate Miranda...
Miranda was okay for someone who's most noteworthy feature is her rear end. I just wish she would actually talk to me instead of saying "she's busy" and "maybe another time". Bah!
Jenner wrote:That's always how I wanted my first experience with sex to end. M'just saying.
Agreed. It would truly be a night to remember. Too bad that didn't happen in my case. *sigh*

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Sophia wrote:
Jenner wrote:That's always how I wanted my first experience with sex to end. M'just saying.
Agreed. It would truly be a night to remember. Too bad that didn't happen in my case. *sigh*
We can change that. :3
Sophia wrote:
Jenner wrote:Also, I don't know about the rest of you but I'm having the biggest crush on Jack right now, she is SO AWESOME.
I'll never understand why Jack gets so much hate from the ME fanbase. I have a hearty laugh every time she calls me a horrible name or gives me an indifferent attitude. We're now good space buddies.
For serious, she is a strong female character who doesn't get too horribly chickified who can kick ass AND chew bubblegum at the same time. Yes, she harsh and unfeminine. It's what VIDEO GAMES NEED a female character who is not just an ass and a pair of breasts. Jack is my space BFF.
Sophia wrote:
Jenner wrote:Hate Miranda...
I just wish she would actually talk to me instead of saying "she's busy" and "maybe another time". Bah!
I'd make time for you.

Morinth's dominate power is FUN TIMES. But I'd rather have my save game carry Samara. What kind of lawful-awful paladin type wears an outfit like THAT I mean seriously... -.-

HOW DO YOU MANAGE TO FIGHT INJUSTICE WITHOUT YOUR BREASTS GETTING IN THE WAY SAMARA?
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Sophia
Lostest Boy

Post by Sophia »

Oh ho, you. I'm sure our night together would be most fantabulous, suicide mission or not. (But a suicide mission would be nice)

I have to agree about Samara's outfit...it's an okay costume by itself, but it seems to clash with Samara's super strict and super conservative personality. It's kind of like Dizzy from Guilty Gear. She's quiet and shy, and yet is half naked all the time. (And that "mobility" excuse is crap. CRAP!) And why in the world would you wear high heels if your job has you running around saving the galaxy from injustice? Oh Samara.

Also, have you seen Jack's new DLC costume? She's got sunglasses. 8-)

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Sophia wrote:Also, have you seen Jack's new DLC costume? She's got sunglasses. 8-)

OH -Dragon Diamond- PICS NAO. *goes looking*
Sophia wrote:And why in the world would you wear high heels if your job has you running around saving the galaxy from injustice? Oh Samara.
I dare say, she must be quite nimble indeed. They really need to fix the crazy eyes thing with the graphics. At first, I thought it was just Liara with her crazy eyetwitchings showing how she was going batshit. But other characters get all squinty and one eye bigger than the other too...

It's disconcerting, to say the least.

I <3 the bartender on Illium and I want to have her babies.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Sophia
Lostest Boy

Post by Sophia »

http://kotaku.com/5498798/mass-effect-2 ... be-options

I just now noticed Thane too got some sunglasses but they look a bit silly on him.

And I do recall my Shepard having serious eye issues in the first Mass Effect. She couldn't get through a conversation without squinting and twitching one of her eyes. Didn't notice it as much in the second game...then again, I spent most of my time gawking over the fact that Shepard still has plastic helmet hair.

They spent so much time animated the faces...you'd think they could make better looking hair.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Sophia wrote:http://kotaku.com/5498798/mass-effect-2 ... be-options

I just now noticed Thane too got some sunglasses but they look a bit silly on him.

And I do recall my Shepard having serious eye issues in the first Mass Effect. She couldn't get through a conversation without squinting and twitching one of her eyes. Didn't notice it as much in the second game...then again, I spent most of my time gawking over the fact that Shepard still has plastic helmet hair.

They spent so much time animated the faces...you'd think they could make better looking hair.
Yeah plastic hair sticking up in places. Also, the butt-plates on the N7 armor. -.-

Interesting side note, watching other people's videos gives me a weird feeling. I've come to associate Commander Shepherd as looking like MY Shepherd so seeing a different Shepherd going about doing whatnot feels so awkward. Anyone else have this issue?
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Jenner wrote:
Sophia wrote:http://kotaku.com/5498798/mass-effect-2 ... be-options

Yeah plastic hair sticking up in places. Also, the butt-plates on the N7 armor. -.-

Interesting side note, watching other people's videos gives me a weird feeling. I've come to associate Commander Shepherd as looking like MY Shepherd so seeing a different Shepherd going about doing whatnot feels so awkward. Anyone else have this issue?
Yes, particularly since I play as a female Shepherd, but even seeing another female one, it's usually a pretty big shock to find out they're not described the same. It's like asking someone else what Ged looks like in A Wizard of Earthsea, except more subjective (Syfy got it wrong back in the day, and LeGuin was pissed XD).
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Goddamnit Svet-Kun, you overgeeked my thread and killed it. Now everyone's afraid to post here.

Dick move.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Sorry. I make amends with funny video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs_PwFWuwJs
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Sophia
Lostest Boy

Post by Sophia »

Let's try to keep the little bit of ME magic here alive. Though the only subject that comes to mind at the moment is...

Has anyone tried out that Hammerhead DLC? I've been meaning to download it (seeing as it looks like the final "free" DLC we'll be getting) but I'm too lazy to hook up my Xbawks to the modem. (No wireless internets because I live in the past)

Surely a flying tank must handle better than the Mako. Though I admit I miss the Mako's hilarious bouncing.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Sophia wrote:Let's try to keep the little bit of ME magic here alive. Though the only subject that comes to mind at the moment is...

Has anyone tried out that Hammerhead DLC? I've been meaning to download it (seeing as it looks like the final "free" DLC we'll be getting) but I'm too lazy to hook up my Xbawks to the modem. (No wireless internets because I live in the past)

Surely a flying tank must handle better than the Mako. Though I admit I miss the Mako's hilarious bouncing.
I am reluctant to DL the Hammerhead because I am still emotionally scarred from the Mako. I hated the Mako and how it handled like a stick of butter in a hot pan.

I believe these new outfits are just the old outfits but w/ glasses.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

*shaking fist* Hammerhead Levels!!!!

I REGRET EVERYTHING.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I play a female Shepard, and I'd been trying for a while to pursue a relationship with Miranda, only to realize that the option wasn't available. It fit perfectly with the personality I was tailoring for my character. Argh! I pondered then that I would enter into a relationship with no one, or Kelly, but Garrus now has some potential.
Sonic#

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Sonic# wrote:I play a female Shepard, and I'd been trying for a while to pursue a relationship with Miranda, only to realize that the option wasn't available. It fit perfectly with the personality I was tailoring for my character. Argh! I pondered then that I would enter into a relationship with no one, or Kelly, but Garrus now has some potential.
Tangent: On romance and Bioware.
Bioware has always done well in character writing. Making all the characters romance options and non personable and crafting unique people with specific interests. They did alright in Dragon Age: Origins (Alistair is a charming -Borgan-) their other titles, and Baldur's Gate (seducing Grey DeLesie, good times), Jade Empire, Planescape: Torment, Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic. Mass Effect feels a little RUSHED in both games. You only have a handful of conversations with each because their dialog only shifts after each primary mission and there are only a few of those. I feel, especially in ME2, that they really kinda cheat you on love interests. So few of them are actually INTERESTING. It also infuriates me that there isn't a Gay Option in Mass Effect (except with Asari :/) It's the -Fatal Hopper- future, (There's one for each gender in Dragon Age and that is set in the PAST for -Fatal Hopper- sake) society is past all this DADT rubbish in the future and there is no reason you cannot be gay. (I really wanted to lesbian it up with Jack, as I love her so much. But it's a no go, and it pisses me off. Everything in the game suggests Jack should be a love interest for girls. Kelly says she approaches sex casually, Jack's own Dialog mentions several female "associations."(up until the very end), and Kasumi(DLC Character) suggest it heavily.) Rumors abound on the internet that the gay option was originally coded to be available with Jacob, Jack and Miranda but was taken out or not implemented.

But yeah, Thane is so... blah
Jacob is alright I guess
Morinth kills you.
Samara, so sad :/
and Kelly sucks, she doesn't love you. She's completely superficial.

Jack, Garrus and Tali are all AWESOME. And if you've played the first game Garrus and Tali are even MORE awesome because you've had so much interaction with them. (Tali is just so goddamn cute and I adore Garrus)

Consequentially, it is always difficult for me to reject those characters. As, my Shepherd has always been female and, canonically, always died alone (no romance.) Because I am emo.

It surprises me that you like Miranda, what is it about her?

BE CAREFUL, DO NOT GET THE REAPER IFF UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE ALL THE OTHER LOYALTY MISSIONS OF YOUR CREWMATES THEN TALK TO YOUR NEW TOY IMMEDIATELY AFTER THAT. Getting the IFF starts the bullet train to the end of the game.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.