Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing

Post by Silver Phoenix »

...is actually fantastic. The tracks are very inventive, and it mixes great qualities from Mario Kart as well as Crash Team Racing. I have it for the PS3, and it is the lead platform for the game even though the Xbox 360 got Banjo Kazooie and Avatars exclusively. There is going to be DLC for the game, but who knows if the PS3 will end up with anything exclusive at this point as far as content.

If you're a fan of cart racing this is a definite sleeper hit, and a lot of people would write this game off as crap just because it's Sonic in a car. The music is also fantastic, and there is a lot to do to keep you coming back.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

It looks pretty good, actually. It's sitting in my Gamefly queue somewhere, so I'll probably play it soon.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

My sister has been playing it nonstop since she got it, so I haven't had a chance to play it yet. :cry:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Why don't you give Multiplayer a shot if she can't get herself away from it? :) Apparently the DLC is coming a lot sooner than people expect, as there was some info from a recent conference where someone played it. It's a shame that you can't use All-Star moves online, because they took it out of online play completely. It was something to do with latency and delays between players so it was better left out.

I hope they add some more items as the options are pretty limited.

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

I got the game on launch day (PS3) and honestly like it better than Mario Kart. Since there is no blue shell (and the all-star moves are disabled online), the online multi-player is a lot less cheap. My main character is Ryo.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I bought everything in the game, and want more. The music is too limiting to specific game series, and some of the stages are too similar. Hopefully with the DLC they can add more music for other characters series, stages, and characters.

I'm sure we'll get characters, but anything else is up in the air. Also, they need to patch the framerate and try to cut down the loading time as the Xbox 360 version has already been patched.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

I've been wanting a good HD cart racer so I may pick this up. Glad to hear you like it!

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Trust me, you won't be disappointed and you'll really love some of the awesome track designs. PS3 is the lead platform (development wise) so unless you only had a Wii, or wanted Banjo Kazooie/Avatars for the 360 then I'd stick with the PS3 version.

As I said, there was an article about DLC coming sooner than we think.

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

Should anyone be interested in the game, I posted a review of it on gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/son ... ut;review1