No I did not pre-order

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: No I did not pre-order

Post by whitedragon_nall »

I have 2 Gamestops, a Game Crazy, and a Wal-mart within 10 minutes of my home. Finding a game on release day without pre-ordering has never been a problem for me.

Most of the employees at my preferred local GS are nice and well-informed people. Sure there are a few bad apples, but most of the time I leave the store happy. Amazon is pretty much my number one place for game purchases these days, but I try to balance out my pre-orders between them and GS.

At GS, I only buy games if I pre-order them. That seems to prevent receiving the re-packaged display copy.

And ShindoW, Direct2Drive has the Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Director's Cut...if downloading games is your thing.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Thanks, Nall. I did see that before I got the US vers and the UK versions, but I hate PC gaming. Too many keys and not enough joystick/controller support in my experience, which is little. I'll figure something out, probably Swap Magic.

I am really enjoying Indigo Prophecy. Now Im even more psyched for Heavy Rain. =)

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Swap magic for the PS2, right? If not, then just ignore my message. ^_^;

As far as I know, that's hard to find nowadays. However, if you do find it, I wouldn't bother with buying the tools for your specific PS2. Just buy the Swap magic disks and then download Free Mcboot, since you'll need the disks in order to install Free Mcboot. Free Mcboot even has a package with all the basic programs you'd need (just not the import game player, but things like support for an external hard drive, music player, etc.).

However, to play imports with Free Mcboot, you will need to rip the ISO of your game, then patch it, and then burn it to a disk. Swap Magic is easier to play imports since you can use the original game disk, but Swap Magic can overheat your PS2 (if you're using a slim). Plus, the tools can break your PS2 if you're not careful. I broke my old fat PS2 with the Swap Magic tool. That was a fun day. :lol:

Anyway, just suggesting in case you aren't familiar with Swap Magic. Some people use it with no problems, but I did have problems is why I switched over to Free Mcboot.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I'd rather not discuss how to use the Swap Magic-- I feel bad having mentioned it. ;p

I'm getting someone to install everything needed for me.

This reminds me of the SNES/NES combo system. I wish theyd "reprint" a Sega CD / Saturn combo of some kind.