Mass Effect 1 and 2: SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Jenner
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Mass Effect 1 and 2: SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

Post by Jenner »

SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SPOILERS!
SERIOUSLY I DO NOT WANT ANY COMPLAINTS.
IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERED GTFO.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Re: Mass Effect 1 and 2: SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

Post by Jenner »

Jenner wrote:SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SPOILERS!
SERIOUSLY I DO NOT WANT ANY COMPLAINTS.
IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERED GTFO.
All the other Reavers coming in to pwn the galaxy at the end of ME2, why do they all look like bugs if all Reavers are crafted from liquefied (insert alien race) and thus take their shape? Obviously, they are NOT formed in such a manner because what was Sovereign tells you they've been doing this for forever. (Sovvy may be lying but they've done it AT LEAST twice. Once with the Keepers and once with the Protheans.)

The logical conclusion is that the Reapers themselves are an insectiod race that's bent on being a galactic supremacy. If they repurpose the races they dominate why are there not more Reaper-Crafted races from each genocide? Perhaps they only repurpose the useful ones? It's useful to acknowledge that every race the Reapers have repurposed looks insectoid, as does the shape of the Reapers themselves. One could assume they recreate their new servant race in their own image. But what do the Reapers have to GAIN from this? Save perhaps universal dominance? What do they do with all this advanced technology they take back with them into deep space? Perhaps they're serving a purpose maintaining galactic status quo.

This still does not explain why the new Reaver being created was a human-looking Reaver when every OTHER Reaver was an insectiod. I speculate that it is because a Reaver has never been killed in hand-to-hand, face-to-face combat until Shepherd kicked their asses. They'd see the significance of that defeat and maybe think that humans have traits worth harvesting for themselves to better power their empire.

Thoughts?

Also, why can Joker walk now? Why doesn't the explosion that knocks him prone break every miserable fragile bone in his body? Why does the recoil of the assault rifle at the end not shatter his frame?
additionally, Tali can climb through my heated ducts any day

Finally, Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest -Meryod- in space.
and I <3 Jack.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Apparently Big Giant Circles (a.k.a. Jimmy) on OCReMix worked on the soundtrack for Mass Effect 2.

You met him (very briefly, probably don't even remember, hell I barely remember) at MAGFest, by the way. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Kizyr wrote:Apparently Big Giant Circles (a.k.a. Jimmy) on OCReMix worked on the soundtrack for Mass Effect 2.

You met him (very briefly, probably don't even remember, hell I barely remember) at MAGFest, by the way. KF

I'll have to talk to him this year about it and express my grumblies.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

The Reapers more than likely view themselves as gods among the other species and therefor want to craft their workers in their own image. As for the humanoid, well the Reapers never encountered humanity as far as I know in the canon until Shepard. Seeing how badass Shepard was, they might have created the humanoid as a test subject to see if they could get the same result and resolve out of a human creation rather than their nameless troopers that proved nothing more than to be cannon fodder.

Ruby
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Ruby »

All the other Reavers coming in to pwn the galaxy at the end of ME2, why do they all look like bugs if all Reavers are crafted from liquefied (insert alien race) and thus take their shape? Obviously, they are NOT formed in such a manner because what was Sovereign tells you they've been doing this for forever. (Sovvy may be lying but they've done it AT LEAST twice. Once with the Keepers and once with the Protheans.)
The form you see the reapers normally take is the form of the race that they "ascended" before the protheans. We know for whatever reason the process didn't work on the protheans so they made them into collectors instead. Same thing probably happened with the keepers. We'll probably never know what race the reapers are borrowing the appearance of. Assuming that Shepard had failed at the end of ME2, after the reapers had squashed all life in the galaxy, the next invasion would probably be giant human reaper monsters instead of the giant creepy bug things.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Ruby wrote:
The form you see the reapers normally take is the form of the race that they "ascended" before the protheans. We know for whatever reason the process didn't work on the protheans so they made them into collectors instead. Same thing probably happened with the keepers. We'll probably never know what race the reapers are borrowing the appearance of. Assuming that Shepard had failed at the end of ME2, after the reapers had squashed all life in the galaxy, the next invasion would probably be giant human reaper monsters instead of the giant creepy bug things.
What makes Humans so special that the Reaperification doesn't fail? That's what I don't get.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.