What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

FF15 is fantastic! I destroyed that game so hard! The only thing I haven't played is the DLC content because it came out after I beat the game. I did every side quest and had 100% trophies and then the DLC took my 100% away T_T and I just haven't gotten around to A) buying the DLC (or complete 15 edition in stores) and B) Wanting to replay it

I was a sucker for John Truitt over Ghaleon's Japanese voice. But! It is still pretty good!
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

Ghaleon777
Lostest Boy

Post by Ghaleon777 »

ShugoHanasaki wrote:FF15 is fantastic! I destroyed that game so hard! The only thing I haven't played is the DLC content because it came out after I beat the game. I did every side quest and had 100% trophies and then the DLC took my 100% away T_T and I just haven't gotten around to A) buying the DLC (or complete 15 edition in stores) and B) Wanting to replay it

I was a sucker for John Truitt over Ghaleon's Japanese voice. But! It is still pretty good!
I can see that FF 15 is awesome just by looking screenshots or viewing videos, damn, i need 4gb more of RAM and i can play it at 30fps at least (i got 4GB at the moment, i doubt it will play smooth), so you got 100% of everything, damn, i envy you now :lol:
I think i prefer Japanese voices overall because when i played Lunar 2 for first time it was on japanese, i was 9 years old,and i thought at that moment too how cool japanese voices fit Lunar characters (minus Ruby, she was annoying in Japanese!).

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

She was annoying in English too XD So I guess they got that right lol!
Lotus Moon Productions

Ghaleon777
Lostest Boy

Post by Ghaleon777 »

ShugoHanasaki wrote:She was annoying in English too XD So I guess they got that right lol!
lol yeah, she was kind of annoying in english too, i remember i had to turn the volume down when she spoke
BTW Leo`s voice in japanese RULES!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Ghaleon777 wrote:lol yeah, she was kind of annoying in english too, i remember i had to turn the volume down when she spoke
Ruby is one case where I think the English voice and written dialog are an improvement over the Japanese version. They toned down some things that made her irritating (like, the infatuation with Hiro was even worse originally).

Leo/Mystere is pretty great in both. Love how over-the-top he is. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Ghaleon777
Lostest Boy

Post by Ghaleon777 »

Kizyr wrote:
Ghaleon777 wrote:lol yeah, she was kind of annoying in english too, i remember i had to turn the volume down when she spoke
Ruby is one case where I think the English voice and written dialog are an improvement over the Japanese version. They toned down some things that made her irritating (like, the infatuation with Hiro was even worse originally).

Leo/Mystere is pretty great in both. Love how over-the-top he is. KF
I agree with Ruby being improved in english version, i remember the japanese voice being totally head-crusher on the japanese version, specially in the first part were Hiro falls and she says "Don`t die on me" or something like that (can`t remember haha)
I found that Leo on the english version was a bit over-acted, in the japanese one he truly sounds like a badass. Same for Ghaleon.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

DISCIPLINE FEELS GOOD, HAH!

That is all XD
Lotus Moon Productions

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Final Fantasy VII

AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

I had to file a warranty claim for my Logitech G29 racing wheel setup. It took around three weeks to get resolved. Logitech is a strange company to deal regarding warranty claims with but they came through enough to send me an entirely new setup which is good for me as it cost $260.

Since I got the wheel and pedals back in operation last Friday I've been playing Project Cars 2 that I picked up. A pretty good driving simulation, although with a very difficult learning curve. Some of the most realistic & dynamic weather action I've seen in a game though, although graphic quality lacks a bit.

I also whipped up the SEGA Classics title on the PS3. It was released some time ago, but I haven't really played through it as much as I'd have liked. It has a lot of really classic SEGA Genesis titles on it like the Phantasy Stars, most of the Sonic titles, Streets of Rage, etc. For $20 it was a pretty good buy to be able to play some classic Genesis on a modern console.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Just beat EBC for another time ^^
Lotus Moon Productions

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Finished my 2nd playthrough of Lunar: The Silver Star, still the best Lunar game as far as I'm concerned. Continuing with my replay Final Fantasy VI via SNES classic, also I've started Grandia II on Steam, which is quite enjoyable so far.

AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest

I hate I never finished Grandia II. I bought it on the PC when it had a price drop, and my copy had a strange bug some hours into the game where it wouldn't advance a text box during a black screen recollection scene. I never could get the issue resolved and thus did not play it any further. A shame I guess considering how highly rated the game is/was. I was rather excited at the time though as Cam Clarke voiced the MC, and having grown up on the Streamline dub of Akira it was nice to hear him do VA work on a modern game.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Slowly playing Shining Resonance Refrain for PS4. It's not bad so far! Despite me playing it slowly with not much time dedicated. The time I do spend on it I am enjoying.
Lotus Moon Productions

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

AkagisWhiteComet wrote:I hate I never finished Grandia II. I bought it on the PC when it had a price drop, and my copy had a strange bug some hours into the game where it wouldn't advance a text box during a black screen recollection scene. I never could get the issue resolved and thus did not play it any further. A shame I guess considering how highly rated the game is/was. I was rather excited at the time though as Cam Clarke voiced the MC, and having grown up on the Streamline dub of Akira it was nice to hear him do VA work on a modern game.
Ah that's too bad. For me the game only crashed once when I did a tutorial, reloaded and it never happened again. Not a huge Cam Clarke fan (I'm going with Japanese voices), but he's certainly better than the actors from English Grandia I...*shudders* Akira is one of those movies I enjoyed but saw so long ago that I forgot a good deal of and need to revisit it.

Despite being annoyed at them not re-releasing Lunar on Steam (and if they did I have a bad feeling it would be a port of Lunar Touch which I personally don't see any point in buying), I give GungHo credit for being somewhat fandom-savvy...
Capture grandia ii.PNG
Capture grandia ii.PNG (55.83 KiB) Viewed 28694 times
I like her so far! XD

Edit: AkagisWhiteComet, where did yo get this glitch in-game? I'm hoping I've passed it, I've played 23 hours so far.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

The biggest game I'm dedicating the most time to is he Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

However, I like to jump around a lot. Therefore, I'm also playing the following:

1) Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Switch)
2) Super Metroid (SNES)
3) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1)
4) Super Mario Brothers (1) (NES)
5) The Rocketeer (NES)
6) Tetris (NES)
7) TMNT 2: Te Arcade Game (NES)
8) Final Fantasy 3/6 (SNES)
9) Ninja Gaiden 2 (NES)
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest

Shinto-Cetra wrote:Edit: AkagisWhiteComet, where did yo get this glitch in-game? I'm hoping I've passed it, I've played 23 hours so far.
It's been well over a decade since I played it but if memory serves me right it was during some sort of recollection scene involving the MC's familiar character narrating on a blank screen well before working on the Valmar pieces. If you are that far into the game then you passed it.

I'm pretty sure the glitch I experienced was likely a corrupted text file or similar that was likely unique to my copy. I just moved onto another game and kind of forgot about Grandia II.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Final Fantasy VII...again. XD

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Just finished Grandia II on Steam. Gameplay was pretty good, like an evolved Lunar battle system. I liked the characters, however the plot felt like a rehash of Lunar EB's plot (they're both done by GameArts but still I would have liked more originality.) . It has a unique take on love triangles though. The ending left much to be desired. I enjoyed it overall despite said complaints, honestly it's good to play an RPG that's not a replay...I replay so much cause how bad modern gaming has become IMO. Hence how I cleared it in less than a month.

Now to finally focus on replaying FF6 on my SNES classic (amongst other RPGs I hacked into it), also I will get back to the Utena dating sim on Saturn. I'm going to (re)play Lunar Eternal Blue at some point, I've only beaten the PS1 version so far, but from what I've researched, the SCD story is basically the same unlike any version of Silver Star. Depending on the Saturn fan-translation progress I may just wait for that one. Not sure which version yet.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Shining Resonance Refrain still, about 11 hours in. Playing it slowly, but I am enjoying it. Some of the characters I really like!
Lotus Moon Productions

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Shinto-Cetra wrote:Just finished Grandia II on Steam. Gameplay was pretty good, like an evolved Lunar battle system. I liked the characters, however the plot felt like a rehash of Lunar EB's plot (they're both done by GameArts but still I would have liked more originality.) . It has a unique take on love triangles though. The ending left much to be desired. I enjoyed it overall despite said complaints, honestly it's good to play an RPG that's not a replay...I replay so much cause how bad modern gaming has become IMO. Hence how I cleared it in less than a month.

Now to finally focus on replaying FF6 on my SNES classic (amongst other RPGs I hacked into it), also I will get back to the Utena dating sim on Saturn. I'm going to (re)play Lunar Eternal Blue at some point, I've only beaten the PS1 version so far, but from what I've researched, the SCD story is basically the same unlike any version of Silver Star. Depending on the Saturn fan-translation progress I may just wait for that one. Not sure which version yet.
It's not that I think Grandia II has a bad story exactly, but it does feel rather forgettable and certainly derivative of Lunar EB. The original Grandia had so much charm while II feels like much more of a generic RPG plot. Again, not that it's bad, just not particularly memorable.