What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Maus
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Maus »

Red Dead Redemption (PS3).

It's SO gooooood.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

.hack//GU
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

ShugoHanasaki wrote:O
M
G
!

I haven't played that since I was a kid. Such a fun a game!
I swear the most common experience people have with this game is finding out later in life that they were far from the only ones who played and enjoyed it. Over the last year I found 4-5 other people who all played that game back when, and none of us realized it was that ubiquitous. (...maybe due to the fact that there was zero marketing whatsoever for the game...)
WD RPG WD wrote:Thimbleweed Park
Best Adventure game since Monkey Island. Throwback feel to it.
Oh wow. Is this recent? Yeah looks very LucasArts / Monkey Island ish. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

JonOU812
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JonOU812 »

I'm debating on whether or not I should get a Genesis emulator for the PSP and just play Shining Force 1 & 2 all the way. I beat 1 on my Iphone awhile back, figured I replay it. Also now that Ultra Sun and Moon is out, I feel like I should "beat" regular Moon before I get Ultra.
Check Out My Youtube Channel: YOUTUBE
Follow Me on Twitter: TWITTER
Watch Me Stream: TWITCH

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Kizyr wrote:
ShugoHanasaki wrote:O
M
G
!

I haven't played that since I was a kid. Such a fun a game!
I swear the most common experience people have with this game is finding out later in life that they were far from the only ones who played and enjoyed it. Over the last year I found 4-5 other people who all played that game back when, and none of us realized it was that ubiquitous. (...maybe due to the fact that there was zero marketing whatsoever for the game...)
WD RPG WD wrote:Thimbleweed Park
Best Adventure game since Monkey Island. Throwback feel to it.
Oh wow. Is this recent? Yeah looks very LucasArts / Monkey Island ish. KF
It came out in the last year. It was kickstarted. It has most of the original staff that did Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion, including Ron Gilbert. The game takes place in 1987 and has tons of awesome references to Lucas Arts and computer gaming of the age.

Most importantly, it doesn't feel cheap. I'm not a fan of adventure games with illogical trial and error puzzles. This game never got to that point. All the puzzles made sense, and when I got stuck and used a hint (twice), I blamed myself for missing the clues.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Playing Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (GBA), one of many games I started but failed to finish years ago. It had been a long time and I had no memory of basically anything about it, so I started over from scratch. Honestly a part of what motivated me to pick it up again was that I'd been hearing a lot of Fire Emblem talk, which made me remember enjoying this game but never finishing for some reason.

JonOU812
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JonOU812 »

Imperial Knight wrote:Playing Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (GBA), one of many games I started but failed to finish years ago. It had been a long time and I had no memory of basically anything about it, so I started over from scratch. Honestly a part of what motivated me to pick it up again was that I'd been hearing a lot of Fire Emblem talk, which made me remember enjoying this game but never finishing for some reason.
Same here, I started a Fire Emblem binge probably around when Echoes was released. I replayed all the GBA games (with the exception of the Japanese only one) and I found some translated ports of the SNES games and gave them a quick look. With Sacred Stones however, I wanted to try playing it by using class promotions I normally wouldn't use. Ex: Amelia as a Paladin, Ross as a Warrior, and Ewan as a Sage. Also I've yet to actually complete Ephraim's route so that's on my to do list.
Check Out My Youtube Channel: YOUTUBE
Follow Me on Twitter: TWITTER
Watch Me Stream: TWITCH

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I bought Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on opening day, due in large part to the reviews (positive and negative) claiming it was similar to the first one.

So far it's been what I was hoping for: a beautiful open world free to explore, characters who are appealing sometimes because of (Jin) and sometimes despite (Pyra) their designs, and a story with enough similarities to Skies of Arcadia to keep me interested so far. That said, heed carefully all the negatives mentioned in various reviews - I can overlook some questionable character designs, overcomplicated systems for Blades, and awkward dialogue, but not everyone can. (I watched this video by Tim Rogers after I got the game, and it is the best response to the first 10 hours that I've seen.)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I just finished Shadowrun: Hong Kong not too long ago. Wow, that game was intense. The developers put so much into that. The only weak point maybe was that there was a little too much text to flesh out the backstory, and I found myself reading for nearly an hour after every single mission, trying to catch up with my team and explore the backgrounds of various people around Heoi / Kowloon.

Great story that really gets into the feel of Hong Kong, too. At this rate I want to have my Shadowrun campaign take the team through both anarchist East Berlin and the Hong Kong Free Enterprise Zone.

I'm playing through it again with the directors' commentary turned on. After that, I might just play through all three games a third time as a different character type. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Sailor Moon Drops

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Ys VIII for PS4
Lotus Moon Productions

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

Hey, everyone! Since I moved out of the U.S. and to a new country/continent, and took all my videogames with me, I decided to just go through all of my older games and try to go through them each one by one! It's been pretty fun so far, and in the past I've had so much trouble doing the, "stop, and pick up a new game because I'm getting bored/itchin' to play something new" thing! So, since I've gotten a new, fresh start here I decided to just concentrate on one game at a time, most of my games are RPG's, but we'll see how long that lasts me!

I was playing through Lunar: The Silver Star since my Uncle here helped me fix my Sega CD but the cords are still giving me trouble I think so I set it aside while I wait to get some new ones! It sucked since I really wanted to go through Lunar, ...but, I got all the way to where you meet Mia! So it was a fun ride while it lasted. I still love that game and the series!

I decided to pick up Final Fantasy Anthology: FFVI and I've been trudging through it for the past few weeks and I just made it to where Kefka takes over the world, and I've been having to gather all my friends again. I just picked up Gau from the Veldt and Mog from Narshe last night and I'm about to play some more now! I've been antsy trying to get through it because since it's around Christmas time, I really need to play LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete since I usually try to play it at least once a year! Haha.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

haha! Me as well! I always make room for Lunar SSSC once a year and then i'm always compelled to ply EBC right after :P.

I'm not sure if you knew about the telegram chat or not, but we talk a lot of things lunar.

https://t.me/WorldofLunar

Go to telegram.org to get the chat client^-^
Lotus Moon Productions

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

^ Hey! :) I tried to download the chat client last night, but, as I went to the file to try to run it my virus detection blocker program on my new laptop decided against it, so I couldn't get it going, ... Sorry about that but I'll be posting here on the board, too, as well! I'll try to see if I can bypass it or something, or just see what I can do!

So, anyways, --- I just beat Final Fantasy Anthology: FFVI last night! I thought it was just okay! Since I moved here from the U.S., I decided to just start over my RPG game collection because I realized I had a fresh start and it was really convenient. I've had some trouble in the past mainly when I was younger with concentration and retention of information when it came to playing RPG's, and I would just do the, "stop, and play a new game because I was itchin' to play something new, and just drop the first game hours in," type of thing. I don't know if anyone else has that problem or if it's common? Anyway, I've started to feel better about it and I'm gonna try to just concentrate/focus on one RPG game at a time so I can let it soak in and I can really enjoy the experience!

What I was looking for in an RPG, in FFVI, I found was really basic in the game itself! I really love it when the game (or, NPC's?) talk about, "food, and drink" and just the overall merriment! What I noticed was just things like talking about drinking tea, or I'd notice there'd be a basket of bread in a corner of a room in FFVI, so overall I thought what I was looking for was just really basic throughout the game... I really got into the gameplay as I just grinded a lot and it really just brought me back into the RPG world so-to-speak and brought back a lot of my skills with gameplaying, though. I thought the ending was okay. I hadn't been playing as many RPG's in the past few years, though and FFVI really brought back my love for the genre, though! I remember before Lunar, I really was into Final Fantasy a lot, so it was really fun. I didn't use a guide or anything but I'd check online just random crap.

I thought the game was actually pretty scary at one point I realized because I thought the enemies were so abstract! The NPC's would sometimes only have one line of sentence, too, though.

I felt really accomplished when I finished the game, and I felt I completed something fun, though... I almost felt like I was going to cry! And, I didn't know why! I just felt super happy about it. Haha. I felt super empty on the inside though once the game was finished and I had nothing else to play. I don't know why I picked up this game first when I was going through my RPG collection again here but I'm really glad I did and I'm really glad I stuck to it this time instead of just dropping it and picking up something I really did want to play because I was itchin' so bad to pick up something new. I remember I played this a lot and enjoyed this game a lot when I was a young kid, though.

Right now, I'm about to pick up and play LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete. I was running through my head as I was playing FFVI, "which game I wanted to play next?" and all sorts of images ran through my mind in doing so, but I knew I was going to play this. I'm really excited for it and right now I'm right about on time since it's still the Holidays and it's right around Christmas time/New Years time and I always try to have enough room in my life, I guess, for Lunar!

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Sorry to hear about that? I'm not sure why or what you downloaded but I know for a fact Telegram has no viruses. I could walk you through steps via PM if ya like

Either way. Nice to meet you ^_^

I love playing SSSC so much. I try to play it at least once a year
Lotus Moon Productions

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Tokyo Xanadu ex+ currently. Xenoblade 2 was a lot of fun except for the bloody gacha mechanic for acquiring new Blades... wish those had mostly (entirely?) been behind sidequests instead. orz
-Nobi

AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:Tokyo Xanadu ex+ currently.
Have you played Trails of Cold Steel? I'm wondering how Xandau ex+ compares to Nihon Falcom's other releases such as that. I've read that Xandau ex+ is basically a "modern" Trails of Cold Steel. I don't know if I'm going to go get it right away and may wait for it to drop in price.

I'm actually still playing Trails of Cold Steel being about 40 hours into the second game. I'm enjoying them ok, if only the massive amount of tropes wouldn't make me cringe every so often.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Trails of Cold Steel is great! I can't wait for the 3rd one!
Lotus Moon Productions

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

.hack// GU Last Recode. I'm on Part 3. ^^ I also just beat the ps3 title Puppeteer over the weekend.

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

AkagisWhiteComet wrote:
Nobiyuki77 wrote:Tokyo Xanadu ex+ currently.
Have you played Trails of Cold Steel? I'm wondering how Xandau ex+ compares to Nihon Falcom's other releases such as that. I've read that Xandau ex+ is basically a "modern" Trails of Cold Steel. I don't know if I'm going to go get it right away and may wait for it to drop in price.

I'm actually still playing Trails of Cold Steel being about 40 hours into the second game. I'm enjoying them ok, if only the massive amount of tropes wouldn't make me cringe every so often.
It basically runs on the same Graphics engine as Trails of Cold Steel I'm told, but plays nothing like it (Trails is turn-based, Tokyo Xanadu is action). I haven't played it yet, I have kind of a love/hate relationship with Trails in the Sky but I'll get to Cold Steel eventually. (long story short: pacing is atrocious IMO).

It's basically an action RPG in the vein of Ys but instead of the modern Ys style where characters trail behind Adol for a 3 person party, instead you only see one at a time and use buttons to switch between them on the fly. It's kinda weird but I got used to it. I enjoyed it overall (just finished the other day), put about 60 hours into it.
-Nobi