What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Sonic# »

I'm still playing Witcher III. I'm finally making good headway on the story. I also still return sometimes to Dragon Quest VII.

I've been playing some Elite: Dangerous with friends. Favorite activity? Flying a luxury liner and transporting people who don't like being scanned. I get to go into silent running mode as I do dangerous maneuvers to dock. But I can't stay in silent running for long, since, that builds up a lot of heat. Also I lose shields in silent running, so if I actually get scanned, I have to do some tricky flying to get out of the station before the authorities hit me.

I'm basically a high-end smuggler.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Maus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Maus »

Kizyr wrote:
Maus wrote:RBI Baseball on the NES... I think I hate it.
That game was so awful it turned me off of the real game of baseball for life.

BUT THAT'S OK I DISCOVERED CRICKET INSTEAD.

No but really, RBI Baseball was miserable. You always had to run halfway across the field to catch a fly ball, but somehow whenever you hit anything the computer player was right underneath the ball waiting to catch you out. WTF!? KF
+1!

But dude, we can't forget about the inside-the-park home runs that were hit so often because your fielders couldn't reach a feet in either direction to grab the ball. Any ball that didn't end up a strike was a death trap.

I'm so glad I'm not playing that anymore.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Still playing Tales of Bersia. I'm about 35 hours into the game. I'm really loving the storyline
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

So I got a great gaming laptop and some new games on my to-play list (the rest of Shadowrun, the new Life Is Strange: Before the Storm prequel, etc.). So maybe I'm playing one of that?

Naw, forget about it. I finally got a Windows 3.1 emulator working on my PC so I'm gonna go back to one of the classic early-90s roguelikes, Castle of the Winds!

Lemme just fire this up!
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (53.03 KiB) Viewed 27872 times
Ok here's my latest save game. I'm deep in the dungeon in Part 2: Lifthransir's Bane.
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg (41.12 KiB) Viewed 27872 times
Oh and check out this classic Windows-era interface! The most fun you ever had dragging-and-dropping! (No, really.) I've decked out my character so much that I'm nigh-indestructible. I got crazy-high strength, damage, and armor, so I can basically run headlong into anything with zero risk.
Clipboard03.jpg
Clipboard03.jpg (74.79 KiB) Viewed 27872 times
Even very old red drago---oh wait...
Clipboard04.jpg
Clipboard04.jpg (40.6 KiB) Viewed 27872 times
Welp. Time to reload. Maybe actually use healing this time around. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

On a whim I played through all of Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story last weekend, somewhat in preparation for the rerelease of Superstar Saga in October. I just really like that series.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Atelier Firis. I'm not caring very much for the story. I love all the atelier games, but this one is meh to me, but i'm still gonna play through.
Lotus Moon Productions

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Sailor Moon Drops
Sailor Moon: Another Story
Sonic Mania

JonOU812
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JonOU812 »

Picked up Xenogears again after getting stuck at this one platforming level (took absolutely forever) but finally made it passed it. Also me and a friend tried to get a Minecraft server going on his end but it's a lot of hassle.
Check Out My Youtube Channel: YOUTUBE
Follow Me on Twitter: TWITTER
Watch Me Stream: TWITCH

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

JonOU812 wrote:Picked up Xenogears again after getting stuck at this one platforming level (took absolutely forever) but finally made it passed it. Also me and a friend tried to get a Minecraft server going on his end but it's a lot of hassle.
Tower of Babel? Yeah, not one of my favorite dungeons either...

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete & Atelier Firis
Lotus Moon Productions

JonOU812
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JonOU812 »

Recently started replaying Star Ocean: First Departure on the PSP. Forgot how much I like this game.
Check Out My Youtube Channel: YOUTUBE
Follow Me on Twitter: TWITTER
Watch Me Stream: TWITCH

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

MaroonChan wrote:Sailor Moon Drops
Sailor Moon: Another Story
Sonic Mania
Hah! I'm playing Drops too randomly on my phone ^^

Another Story is a great RPG. One of my SNES favorites.
Lotus Moon Productions

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Sailor Moon Drops

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

I am Setsuna (PS4)
Lotus Moon Productions

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I'm playing Shadowrun: Dragonfall (Director's Cut) right now.

This game is really good. Seriously. Besides the background world of Shadowrun and the interface (much like the previous game Shadowrun Returns), this one sets you in the middle of the Berlin Flux State (a brief 10-15 year period when Berlin seceded from Germany to be an experiment in anarchy). But the biggest difference by far is that you're together with a specific team of shadowrunners -- so in addition to building out the world, there's a lot of character development and progression throughout.

Not without it's lighthearted moments though.
Me: Wait a second. You can sing?
Dietrich: I was front-man for a punk band, boss. -Fatal Hopper- no I can't sing.
I've heard folks say this was the weaker game of the series, but really I'm not seeing it. I think it's mostly because it's quite different from the others (i.e., you have a dedicated crew instead of ad hoc hiring different shadowrunners for each run). May even play this one a second time through before moving onto Shadowrun: Hong Kong.

Still maybe 1/3 way into the game right now though so no spoilers. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I bought a Switch for my birthday and in preparation for Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I'm playing Stardew Valley (again - the portability + new map makes the game feel new again) and may get Golf Story soon.

Haven't done much otherwise because of being so busy. Trails in the Sky SC has taken a bit of my weekend time, and I probably manage a good night of Overwatch a week.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

I finished I am Setsuna yesterday. The story and character development I found to be poor, but the graphics and battle mode reminded me a lot of Chrono Trigger so that kept me hooked lol. The soundtrack was also very dull. Some songs were nice, but everything was done on piano and the game repeated a lot of the same tracks.

Now I'm just playing Gems of War in my spare time on the PS4 while i wait for the new .hack release ^^
Lotus Moon Productions

AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

Two newest titles I picked up are Gran Turismo Sport & Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash for the PS4. Games on completely opposite sides of the spectrum. I was in the closed beta for GT Sport and enjoyed it. Haven't even played anything Senran Kagura prior but I feel like if I don't support these type releases we'll just get less and less weird anime stuff brought to the States.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Kizyr wrote:So I got a great gaming laptop and some new games on my to-play list (the rest of Shadowrun, the new Life Is Strange: Before the Storm prequel, etc.). So maybe I'm playing one of that?

Naw, forget about it. I finally got a Windows 3.1 emulator working on my PC so I'm gonna go back to one of the classic early-90s roguelikes, Castle of the Winds!

Lemme just fire this up!
Clipboard01.jpg

Ok here's my latest save game. I'm deep in the dungeon in Part 2: Lifthransir's Bane.
Clipboard02.jpg

Oh and check out this classic Windows-era interface! The most fun you ever had dragging-and-dropping! (No, really.) I've decked out my character so much that I'm nigh-indestructible. I got crazy-high strength, damage, and armor, so I can basically run headlong into anything with zero risk.
Clipboard03.jpg

Even very old red drago---oh wait...
Clipboard04.jpg

Welp. Time to reload. Maybe actually use healing this time around. KF
O
M
G
!

I haven't played that since I was a kid. Such a fun a game!
Lotus Moon Productions

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Thimbleweed Park
64A8A39B-EC36-456D-A0EF-D9C3BDCF6EB9.png
64A8A39B-EC36-456D-A0EF-D9C3BDCF6EB9.png (110.86 KiB) Viewed 27278 times
Best Adventure game since Monkey Island. Throwback feel to it.